Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I don't really need to be there...

One last run through on the equipment next week and I'm sure you'll do just fine by yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

...basterd

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

right well i have 2 ahem accounts with pigsback so if im lucky i have 4 tickets. i have no problem givin them elsewhere if im lucky enough to get tickets.

but anyone else with a pigsbacks account, do your best to get tickets - even if u dont cant go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

if i joined pigsback today would i even remotely stand a chance of getting tickets?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

if i joined pigsback today would i even remotely stand a chance of getting tickets?

yep just be in the moviezone section on monday mornin at 10:30. u need 200 points tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

faceman wrote:
    yep just be in the moviezone section on monday mornin at 10:30. u need 200 points tho

how would one acquire 200 points? (not sure how pigsback works... i have to buy stuff, right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

If anyone wants to give (well sell I suppose) me a pigsback ticket PM me.

how would one acquire 200 points? (not sure how pigsback works... i have to buy stuff, right?)

your best bet is to recommend a friend to sign up via the site. if they sign up you get 200 points. you also view ads for points, and subscribe to 3rd party emails via the site to get points. you should have no problem gettin 200 points before monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Ahhh Wednesday, sweet, the day I go on holidays. I hate them

I got my tickets for weds screenin but only the one im afraid

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    Wow, I can't tell you how good the film is until the middle of august. I thought that with it out on wednesday it would be on everywhere today and not held back until the 27th. I'm on holidays 18 July-16 Aug, and I don't think it'll be out in South America for a bit. Dang. Anyone know anywhere showing it? Dude above said he say it yesterday. Arghhhh
    I seen it in New York!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ggunning

I reserved my seats with the pigsback offer but I have not got a confirmation email. Has this happend to anybody else? It shows that 200 points have been taken from my account.

ggunning wrote:
    I reserved my seats with the pigsback offer but I have not got a confirmation email. Has this happend to anybody else? It shows that 200 points have been taken from my account.

yeah thats ok. they usually send the email out at the last minute. It must be to avoid people sending it to their mates etc.

even if you dont get the email, as long as the points have been deducted then you are confirmed. (you can double check by viewing the movie page you reserved the tickets on - it should say you have already reserved tickets). You can also go into "my piggybank" and you see a -200 points deduction for a film screening.

If you dont get the email and you're happy the points were deducted then just turn up - they have your name on the list. :)

Dont forget, for those of us who are watchin this tonite, dont forget to post your comments tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Velocitee

does anyone know when the cinema tickets for the movie go on sale in cork?

Would love to get tickets to a premiere but imagine I'd have to be super fast with the booking, would help if I knew when tickets were going to be sold.

tried Mahon point omniplex but can't buy the cinema tickets yet. :(

faceman wrote:
    Dont forget, for those of us who are watchin this tonite, dont forget to post your comments tomorrow!
    I know it's going to be hard to let go... but I think a new thread might be in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

watched it last night (tuesday) in dublin..... fantastic movie.... deffo going again on saturday to watch it again... its the best movie ive ever seen.... its great :D

unless you are living in the past and cant get past any G1 issues, you will love this movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

From what I've seen and heard, this is gonna be below my standards as a film. I'd put money I'll come out saying, it was okay but if it wasn't Tf I'd have rented it at christmas instead". Seriously, jokes I've seen are imo bad, and there doesn't sound like there's gonna be a lot of story or character, which are my benchmarks for movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

GWolf wrote:
    From what I've seen and heard, this is gonna be below my standards as a film. I'd put money I'll come out saying, it was okay but if it wasn't Tf I'd have rented it at christmas instead". Seriously, jokes I've seen are imo bad, and there doesn't sound like there's gonna be a lot of story or character, which are my benchmarks for movies.

My benchmarks would be;
    1. Big f**king robots,
    2. Lots of stuff blowing up
    3. No Nicholas Cage.

I think that I will definitely like this movie.

(and I'm very easily pleased, apparently)

• Advertisement

I booked tickets yesterday for the Savoys midnight screening on Friday (€28.50 for three, that includes 50c each booking fee, so regular price in other words) :D

Commando didn't have any character to speak of, didn't stop it from being the most fun Ive ever had watching a film! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

got tickets for sunday , can't wait! :D

I'm over in Spain at the moment at it seems the film is already out over here.... now I just have to find a cinema that doesn't dub the thing...

Just over 12 hours to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mick.S

Seen this in an advance preview the other night. I thought this was gonna be the best movie of the year, and it was even better than i expected!! i thought the script would be crap and cheesey, but its good and the jokes in it made the whole cinema laugh out loud.
    Make sure your not late for the start of the movie because theres a very cool scene.

Mick.S wrote:
    Seen this in an advance preview the other night. I thought this was gonna be the best movie of the year, and it was even better than i expected!! i thought the script would be crap and cheesey, but its good and the jokes in it made the whole cinema laugh out loud.

thats true, the script (dialogue) is awful but in fairness the scene where
    sam is questioned about what he is doing in his room and ask if he was having some "sam special time" is hilarious even though the script is awful. Shia is the reason that the scene works.

the whole cinema erupted for that scene!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bambam320

modelmania on crows street are given out FREE yes FREE tickets to tomorrow's advanced screening of the transformers tickets are limited so id say get in there fast. BTW i got mine :D:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭professor kaos

bambam320 wrote:
    modelmania on crows street are given out FREE yes FREE tickets to tomorrow's advanced screening of the transformers tickets are limited so id say get in there fast. BTW i got mine :D:D :D

Got the text too! Collecting mine today!:D A cinema full of Transformer fans, I don't know if I should be happy or scared!;)

Watched a midnight screening last night. Wow, that was fun. Must watch again to compensate for all the times I blinked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Superb movie bit slow at the start but typical Bay movie picks up when the other autobots are on screen once they all on it sets up for the very watchable ending.

Would advise to get 2 large popcorns the finale is very long and superb composions and robots running amok :D

kdjac

Advertisement