Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Best film ever...

(Just in case you all thought I mixed words..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

great film, gave me exactly what i wanted. Giant robots hammer the crap outta eachother.

Settup for a sequel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i know we're spoiler free and all, but those who've seen the film please continue discussion here

cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Good film, some misgivings about some of the scenes but all in all better than I expected. A big serving of Robots kicking lumps out of each other with a sprinkling of cheese on top. What's not to love.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

roll on part 2. there is a poll on usa today set up by TF producers asking fans what transformer they would like to see in part 2. soundwave is winning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

caught this on pirate and seen the previews in the square last sunday and fully intend going to see it again on monday with my mate. its a good film. not perfect but very very good. my main gripe is the complete lack of characterisation of the cons. it was nice to see megs slag off starscream but there shouldve been more of that and i dont think brawl/ devastator (dont get me started on that one) said a fecking word. ok the cons are best when kicking arse but when they did allow character it was great. barricade for instance came off as terrifiying, very well done. and weaving megatron, despite reminding me of tim curry's darkness, was suitably menacing. theres alot in here for us long term fans. more than i thought there'd be so all in all bay did good (though i suspect speilberg had a hand in that :D )

ok the music could be a bit inexplicable at times but more often than not it was good. particularly the decepticon theme which sounded like it was sampled from the original 86 film

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Agree with you regarding Barricade. He was all the more menacing ,I think, more so than his fellow Decepticons cos he had those extra few lines of dialogue.

Imagine the difference if they just devoted even just a few mins dialogue scenes to Devestator / Bonecrusher / Blackout / Starscream (who had a great voice despite his 1 / 2 lines).

About the music, i have to re-iterate that the orchestral piece heralding the ariival of the autobots on Earth was freakin awesomely epic (was just checking it out there again on youtube :)) - shame there wasn't more of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

SofaKing wrote:

About the music, i have to re-iterate that the orchestral piece heralding the ariival of the autobots on Earth was freakin awesomely epic (was just checking it out there again on youtube :)) - shame there wasn't more of it.

i thought all the orchestral music was good too. I also liked the scene with sam and megatron on the roof.

Yeah, that was great - 360 swoop of the cam, bit of lens flare, epic music - classic Bay :D

And loved Weavings voice right there too, very menacing.

"i can smell you booyy!" :):):)

hopefully the studio will cop on most of the gripes in the reviews seem to focus on the lack of characterisation of the bots and cons. the bots do ok but the cons would benefit so much from even just a few extra lines. the scene with megatron and starscream shouldve gone on alot longer and the interaction with the other cons shouldve shown some form of comradarie between them.

still thanks to the film taking over 454 million so far it looks like we can look forward to that in the sequel :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Saw this last night. This is the first film in aaaages that I've come out of the cinema saying that it was really worth seeing on the big screen. It's not too deep but I wasn't expecting it to be. Just a couple of hours of humour and action and special effects. Great.

Only mildly let down by the obligatory thicko that had to take a phone call in the middle of the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There is rumored to be a score only soundtrack in the works. i'd buy that in a heartbeat!
    I bought the movie soundtrack and while it has a few good songs on it (Goo Goo Dolls! :D ) theres no score/orchestra tracks which is a big let down.

Galvasean wrote:
    ...theres no score/orchestra tracks which is a big let down.
    Surely you couldn't have missed the Optimus Prime theme or the Autobots arriving on Earth theme?! :eek:

I'm definitely gonna pick up the orchestral soundtrack once its out.

SofaKing wrote:
    Surely you couldn't have missed the Optimus Prime theme or the Autobots arriving on Earth theme?! :eek:
    I meant on the CD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Galvasean wrote:
    I meant on the CD
    Gotchya! :)

not really sure if this is the right place for this but is is movie connected so i guess its ok.

was on me way home and passed through tescos in the square and low and behold theyve the entire voyager class figures. well at least most of em. blackout ,ironhide , starscream , ratchet. all for 29.99 each.

this is the first time ive seen these babies for sale as ive been stalking smyths for ages and no sign so at least we know the figures are out there in ireland. by the way they have the peter cullen voice changer helment as well though it has "movie voice" on the side . guess they think we're too thick to put two and two together

There is a toy sightings thread. But glad to hear Starscream has arrived!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

saw the first ever showing of this movie in Ireland, midnight over a week before advanced previews, in the UCI Tallaght. BEST MOVIE EVER

tried to go see the film again with my brother in vue cinemas in liffey valley on the bank holiday monday and it was sold out.

well ok there were four seats at the very front row but im fecked if i was buying them. was lucky too as me brother was near the popcon counter as i was getting the tickets so we didnt get stuck with food and no film !

going to go back on friday to hopefully get better seats. stil its a good sign for the film that its still selling out :D

• Advertisement

to quote mark kermode:

transformers: "the aesthetic sensibility resembles that of someone who has just injested half a ton of weapons grade plutonium"

damn right markie mark! ;)

Advertisement