Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Crucifix wrote:
    There was a tiny article in the Metro today implying that one of the Transformers would turn into an ipod. I know a space filling article in a free paper isn't hard evidence, but it worries me nonetheless

nah i'd say (hope) that it's just misinterpretation by a crap journo...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Crucifix wrote:
    There was a tiny article in the Metro today implying that one of the Transformers would turn into an ipod. I know a space filling article in a free paper isn't hard evidence, but it worries me nonetheless
    Could it be a soundwave add on? New tiny bot?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

sprinkles wrote:
    Could it be a soundwave add on? New tiny bot?

actually he or one of the tapes is meant to be a boombox on airforce one and apparently goes after the president. now this is all from a leaked script and it also says he's only five foot four or so,so god knows how reliable it is, but even still that'd be fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Listened to Gamespot's podcast this morning; corroboration on the ipod thing, and apparantly there's and Xbox transformer aswell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

while i hate product placement in anything, it could work ok in this movie, as long as it isnt a case of i robot all over again

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Been reading up on some stuff on Wikipedia. Very interesting..

Potential major
    Among the Transformers that have been hinted at by Murphy and found in the leaked script are:

- A mechanical scorpion appropriately named Scorponok (mentioned in an interview with director Michael Bay on Ain’t It Cool News; a newspaper article in the Northwest Florida Daily News confirms a scene between the military and a large mechanical scorpion).

- A Decepticon police car named Brawl (the sighting of a Saleen-modified Ford Mustang police car on the set confirms this).

- A military mine-clearing vehicle named Bonecrusher (the sighting of a large military vehicle marked “Bonecrusher” seems to confirm that this will be the final name for this Transformer).

And the rumoured cast...

Autobots: Optimus Prime, Jazz *Me hopes* :) , Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet

Decepticons: Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, Brawl, Devastator, Bonecrusher, Vortex, Scorponok

And the rest here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_%282007_film%29

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Autobots certainly seem to be out numbered and out classed if that's all they've got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

weren't transformers always meant to be a product, so aslong as its done cooly it could be ok, although it will be proably be done with the grace of a hammer

SofaKing wrote:
    Potential major
    Soundwave
    i hope to christ he's not some kind of ipod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

SofaKing wrote:
    - A Decepticon police car named Brawl (the sighting of a Saleen-modified Ford Mustang police car on the set confirms this).
    Grr... he's meant to be an Autobot.
    SofaKing wrote:
    - A military mine-clearing vehicle named Bonecrusher (the sighting of a large military vehicle marked “Bonecrusher” seems to confirm that this will be the final name for this Transformer).
    Yup, he's a Constructicon... pity they didnt get the rest of them on hand for a bit of Devastator goodness.

Rhyme wrote:
    Grr... he's meant to be an Autobot.
    You mean prowl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

by the way theres a leaked discription of the teaser trailer out there onthe web which has stills in it. apparently its on the level cause don murphy looks pissed on his site threatening legal action on the people involved.
    now he could be just spreading missinformation to lure us all into falling for it if its a fan fic. but it came out the same time as the pics of bumblebee (and i think thats the transformed version of his camero mode, dont think you see VW bumblebee at all!) and with the trailer being released next week it could be on the level:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Just found this on the interweb.

Rumour that George Clooney is sign up to be optimus.

http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2005/06/george_clooney_is_optimus_prime_in_transformers.htm

Just wondering who could play Megatron.
    They would need to have an evil shrill...
    Any suggestions???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

grumbel...not a beetle...grrrr....stupid vw.....

sprinkles wrote:
    You mean prowl
    No, Brawl was a Decepticon alright... one of the Combaticons... possibly the tank... he certainly wasn't a police car... The only cars the Decepticons really had were the Stunticons.

Does anyone know the name of the Decepticon that defected to the Autobots - or was it the other way around.

I remember it from the cartoons. It was a BIG Jet.
    I think it changed its name when it went from Decept -> Auto

Its wreckin my head atm...

quazzy wrote:
    Does anyone know the name of the Decepticon that defected to the Autobots - or was it the other way around.

I remember it from the cartoons. It was a BIG Jet.
    I think it changed its name when it went from Decept -> Auto

Its wreckin my head atm...
    That was Skyfire. He used to be mates with Starscream... There was some legal problem with the name and his toy was called Jetfire... or maybe it was the other way around.

That was Skyfire. He used to be mates with Starscream... There was some legal problem with the name and his toy was called Jetfire... or maybe it was the other way around.
    That was it yeah. Its all coming back to me.

I actually had the toy of it. Was pretty big compared to the others I had. optimus, starscream.

Cheers for that monkey

Q

• Advertisement

Bumblebee looks mean.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

New clip from the movie, I havent seen it posted yet...

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/38314/Optimus_Prime_Transformer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

SofaKing wrote:
    - A mechanical scorpion appropriately named Scorponok (mentioned in an interview with director Michael Bay on Ain’t It Cool News; a newspaper article in the Northwest Florida Daily News confirms a scene between the military and a large mechanical scorpion).

Yeah I had him. He also transformed into a mobile base. He was pretty big, larger than your average transformer. I'm pretty sure he defected and joined the autobots too in the later cartoons involving the return of unicron

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Are you sure? I thought he only appeared at the end of the 2nd ep of the final 3 parter Rebirth? I don't remember him defecting to the Autobots.

Ivan wrote:

Is that actually a clip form the movie. Doesn't look great and what's the deal with Primes colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Ivan wrote:

Thats not a clip from the movie. Its been about for years. It is a concept clip. Just like the one of the transforming white VW

Ivan wrote:

as sutty said, this isn't from the movie. it's a fan-made thing, the best example of such to date. ILM aren't worried about the transforming aspect of the characters, all their test stuff has been aimed on getting big tin cans to emote

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

as sutty said, this isn't from the movie. it's a fan-made thing, the best example of such to date. ILM aren't worried about the transforming aspect of the characters, all their test stuff has been aimed on getting big tin cans to emote

if they dont make their trademark tranforming noise like they did in the cartoon then i dont want this movie to be made! :D

faceman wrote:
    if they dont make their trademark tranforming noise like they did in the cartoon then i dont want this movie to be made! :D
    And the revolving Autobot/Decepticon insignias with the "duh duh duh duh DUH!"

• Advertisement

faceman wrote:

i think it'll be more like the noise they used in the teaser when the logo transformers into the date
    sprinkles wrote:
    And the revolving Autobot/Decepticon insignias with the "duh duh duh duh DUH!"

i was thinking about just that the other day! i could see that working actually...

Advertisement