Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

thats class for a fan made piece

• Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

SofaKing wrote:
    Are you sure? I thought he only appeared at the end of the 2nd ep of the final 3 parter Rebirth? I don't remember him defecting to the Autobots.

I could well be wrong, it was just something stuck in my head. I'm 90% sure he was in it, its possible he didn't defect, more of a truce to fight the common enemy, ie unicron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I saw a pic of prime in truck form on aint it cool last night the pics been removed for someone reason but it was preety coold bright red and chunky also had flames on it ???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh yeah. They've made him a fire engine in the film... which I guess makes sense as they won't have to tackle the issue of where the f*ck his trailer vanishes to when he transforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Oh yeah. They've made him a fire engine in the film... which I guess makes sense as they won't have to tackle the issue of where the f*ck his trailer vanishes to when he transforms.
    I thought under intense pressure from the fans they relented and made him the truck he always was. I don't mind if he's a fire engine, as long as he's a red truck with a trailer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

RAIN wrote:
    I saw a pic of prime in truck form on aint it cool last night the pics been removed for someone reason but it was preety coold bright red and chunky also had flames on it ???

sounds like Rodimus Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

RealOptimusTruck.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Glad they got away from the whole ultra magnus look!

Hmmm... he's going to look very different in robot mode then as the front of that truck juts out too much to be his chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Hmmm... he's going to look very different in robot mode then as the front of that truck juts out too much to be his chest.
    I can see them doing something about that, something retractable no doubt.

Still, awesome picture...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Theres something intensely 80's and cool about a flaming Optimus.

My greatest fear is that they make it about people. That happens alot with transformers. Its about giant bloody robots at WAR!

I just realised that Optimus Prime's chest is mostly made out of two panes of glass... that can't be much use in a fire fight.

Actually just behind the panes is the Matrix(the real one), which can unleash all kinds of mystical might, so he's not too worried about that. :)

SDooM wrote:
    Actually just behind the panes is the Matrix(the real one), which can unleash all kinds of mystical might, so he's not too worried about that. :)
    Well there is no way I'm going to second base with him.

Maybe that visor yoke (above the front windows in the picture I posted) slides down when transformed.

Well there is no way I'm going to second base with him.

You wouldn't want to anyway, he'd prob just try to lecture you on the rights of all sentient being not to put out on a first date!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Is that really Prime? I hope it is as I've always loved that Peterbilt tractor rig style.

Also if Bumblebee really is a Camaro now that's two for two. Stupid VW bugs

If it is Prime he looks like a cross between Megas and Rhino from Mask which looks interesting to me... I think its a mistake with bumblebee, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

here's a pic of Optimus Prime :) i'm not to pushed about it.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/jeighmy/RealOptimusTruck.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Rhino from mask is exactly what I was thinking.

Why move away form the standard red truck though. Don't mess with Prime. He was brilliant as he was. I think it's a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah i would prefer the truck to be red, but at least it is a truck, not a pimped out ford F350

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

was watchin the teaser there...it has killed alot of my excitement for this film.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the autobots are gonna be man built or something...

And that its setting it up for a invasion of earth situation...nooooo! the decepticons have to hate being stuck on earth.

if it turns out they are from Mars i am leaving the cinema.

I read a quote somewhere from Michael Bay that basically said nothing from the teaser is in the movie.

good...

but it still puts fears of what the plotline is going to be.

I thought the teaser was terrible too.

It didn't even look like Mars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yep, that Teaser looked like ass. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Goodshape wrote:
    I read a quote somewhere from Michael Bay that basically said nothing from the teaser is in the movie.
    that's 100% confirmed. it's just something to get people hyped up before comic-con, where apparently we'll see something "special"

its not whats in it thats got me worried (though whats in it is ass)

its what its hinting at...deceptacon invasion, a large element of the plot being the human response to the attack.

hopefully none of these fears will come true...

I hope they do away with the whole 4 milllion years thing though... either that or not have Cybertron in it again.

It always pissed me off that Shockwave was still sitting there on Cybertron for 4 million years and absolutely nothing had changed.

Shockwaves storyline in the comics was better though, as he was on the decepticon ship that crashed along with the Ark and he ended up fighting with the Dinobots in 4 million BC and being trapped in a tar pit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    its not whats in it thats got me worried (though whats in it is ass)

its what its hinting at...deceptacon invasion, a large element of the plot being the human response to the attack.

hopefully none of these fears will come true...

Personally I hope it has a human pov to it. Transformers is a kids show and imho should be pretty tedious watching to anyone with a mental above about 8. Don't get me wrong I did a retrospective of many of the eps last year and enjoyed it to some degree (mainly from nostalgia tbh) but the show is lets face is basically retarded & without irony (as are the characters that inhabit that world). As such I don't really fancy the idea of watching a two hour movie if it's just gonna be more of the same.

Plus visually I think one thing the TV show really missed out on was to display the transformers from a mans-eye view to really get an idea of the scale of them. I'd prefer to see a movie with a bunch of godzilla sized robots tearing the place apart than one where the robots are 'normal' sized and we are just very small meatbags standing around scratching our heads in confusion.

Advertisement