Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

It's just been confirmed by Paramount that Peter Cullen wil be doing the voice of Optimus Prime in the forthcoming film.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23937

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I saw an episode of "Beast Wars" today for the first time. I had no idea how bad transformers *could* be until now!

Very worried about this film :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Pigman II wrote:
    I saw an episode of "Beast Wars" today for the first time. I had no idea how bad transformers *could* be until now!

There was one series of Beast Wars which was actually really dark and very good. It was set on Cybertron which was completley rulled over by Megatron.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Pigman II wrote:

same can be said about the takara series & the energon series

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

It's great to hear Peter Cullen is in, but it would be fantastic to know if Frank Welker is in too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Welker
    Voice of at least half the decepticons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

doubledown wrote:
    It's just been confirmed by Paramount that Peter Cullen wil be doing the voice of Optimus Prime in the forthcoming film.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23937
    The first good thing I've heard about his movie. Perhaps I'll go to see it with my eyes closed.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

The most political it ever got was with the Republic of Carbombya which was a rouge arab state that was paying Trypticon barrels of oil so that he would steal world famous monuments from around the world.

It was in pretty poor taste.. ha.

ohmygod, it couldn't get any worse then that?? LOL, god knows what ya kids are watching
    Carbombya is designed as a pastiche of Middle Eastern tensions that existed in the 1980s. Its name is a play on the term car bomb and Fakkadi's name is intended to invoke that of Libyan dictator Muammar al-Qaddafi. Residents of the country are heard swearing on the lives of their mother's camels, and so forth, in a stereotypical manner.

This did not go over well with longtime voice-over actor Casey Kasem, himself of Lebanese descent (and Druze heritage), who was supposed to provide Teletraan I's voice in "Thief in the Night," which was primarily set in Carbombya. He called for a change in the portrayal of Arab characters--and when no changes were made, he quit the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

by the way, thought you lads would like to know its just been confirmed that peter cullen , the original voice of optimus prime, is doing the voice of prime in the movie. have to admit this is great news to me, at the very least it'll sound right :D

no word on frank welker but the buzz seems to be positive so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

We know, 8 posts back up :D

Would be fantastic if they get Frank Welker on board.

And then all we would need is for the guy who voiced Jazz + Orson Welles to do voices from beyond the grave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crybaby

transformers should be kept to animation because like every single other bloody comic book / animation series film in the past 10 years it will just be another disappointment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

crybaby wrote:
    transformers should be kept to animation because like every single other bloody comic book / animation series film in the past 10 years it will just be another disappointment

spiderman
    superman
    x-men

they're not all disappointing tbh

Too bad the guy who voiced Starscream is dead as well these days... he was also the original voice for Moe Syzlak.

But someone did a very good copy of his Cobra Commander voice in a recent episode of Robot Chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Too bad the guy who voiced Starscream is dead as well these days... he was also the original voice for Moe Syzlak.

Chris Latta. He was also the original Monty Burns.

rumours that the constructicons are tanks.... makes sense :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Theres only one constructicon in it. Thats Bone Machine. However he is a army mine detecter or something such

im no good at these links things but theres some footage on youtube concerning the film. its taken from "access hollywood" and features shia leging it from a decep whos scared the feck out of him (pre CGI so you just see him legging it and aload of cars flying out of the way of a pursueing decep) also the end of it shows some concept footage of the TFs themselves in a blink and you'll miss it clip. root it out its not bad (and shia looks really good as spike, alot older than i thought he'd be:D )

edit* jesus i never thought i could edit this, damn site went down again! if you wanna see the footage go to the youtube.com site and put "new transformers movie footage" in the search function. that should give you the access hollywood clip. also when finished put "transformers on mtv" in the search function and it'll give you another clip from mtv (duh) this one mainly concentrates on the human characters and gives you some tit bits on the more military aspects of the film. enjoy!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dricko

dricko wrote:

fan-made cgi movie done by 3dbasphemy, not a screen test :)

Giant Freakin' Robots are coming.

It's here. Finally -- the word we've been waiting for. The announcement of ALL the TRANSFORMERS appearing in the film.

On Friday, 8/18, at 11am, the screenwriters - Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman - will announce the character names via a live webchat on Yahoo.

For fans, this is our chance to interact with the screenwriters, ask them questions via text and hear their answers live!

A live chat. With the writers. Of TRANSFORMERS. 'Nuff said.

On Friday morning, go to www.TransformersMovie.com for the link to Webcast!

See you online, everyone. Roll out.

nothing on the site yet. guess i have to wait for the americans to wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

and i'll just wait for you to name them all off here.

• Advertisement

STILL nothing yet. damn yanks, cant just give a press release :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24211

Pics from movie includig full frontel of bumblebee !!! how you like them apples ??!!!!

Autobots
    # Optimus Prime
    # Bumblebee
    # Jazz
    # Ratchet
    # Ironhide

Decepticons

Megatron
    Starscream
    Brawl
    Bonecrusher
    Skorpinok
    Frenzy
    Blackout
    Barricade

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Starscreeeeeeeeeam!!!

RAIN wrote:
    http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24211

Pics from movie includig full frontel of bumblebee !!! how you like them apples ??!!!!
    Where's the pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Decepticons are class but the autobots have the gayest names ever..."bumblebee", "jazz"??

Blasphemy!

There shall be no slagging of Jazz - coolest Autobot, period :)

Err, but who are Blackout & Barricade? Can't remember them from the cartoon, or has my memory failed me.

Bumblebee is still a better name than Goldbug which is what he was called after he was rebuit due to being destroyed by Deaths Head.

STILL nothing yet. damn yanks, cant just give a press release :D
    Love the sig.

• Advertisement

Wait....but wasn't Bumblebee rebuilt as Goldbug in the Return of Optimus Prime when he had his ass kicked because of the Hate Spores..?

Advertisement