Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

difference between the comic and cartoon man. in comics BB got his ass handed to em by DH and was rebuilt (at least in the uk one, god help us he got blown up by GI JOE in the US :rolleyes: )

Theres a major ****storm going down now on the other board over the new design of starscream. i suggest you check out seibertron.com to see the images but be warned the damn things take ages (and ive got broadband!)

i'll admit i looked at this movie pretty much the same way i looked at beast wars and energon. its transformers but not as we know it. at least from the interviews the basic spirit of the characters are the same as the ones in the eighties and the fact cullen is voicing prime helps no end. lets be honest its a 140 million film, they'll want it to look as stylish as they can. i for one dont mind the more alien look, i think it fits with the concept of silicon based alien lifeforms,it'd be too much of a streatch to have em look exactly like blokes in fancy armour. by the way check out the character "blackout" though he's called incinerator in the pics. hes the damnest cool figure ive seen in ages and if memory serves hes the one attacking the military in the MTV clip.

some people have been bitching that were only getting 5 autobots but having read the IDW infiltraton comic a low cast number means we get more story. i mean think about it whens the last time jazz got some serious screen time? im really looking forward to this film now. in fact the only thing im worried about is PR overkill. bay and co said they didnt want to do a king kong and give away everything before the film hits the theaters so i hope they keep some characters under wraps

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

soundwave?

not in the film. apparently they were gonna make him some kind of music device that when transformed was about 4 foot tall and the people in hasbro freaked so they turned that character into frenzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

not in the film. apparently they were gonna make him some kind of music device that when transformed was about 4 foot tall and the people in hasbro freaked so they turned that character into frenzy.

must be the ipod then *shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I remember reading somewhere that Soundwave was gonna be an iPod. Kinda glad they changed him out of the film tbh.

• Advertisement

:(

I really didnt care what he transformed into...I liked him for two things.

1. He had those three smaller transformers in him (ratchet was the dog, cant remember the other two) the way he shoots them out of himself as tape cassettes.

2. His voice and by the books voice and character. It so matched the information/epionage role he played.

If they had kept those two features I wouldnt have minded if he transformed into something bigger and more appropiate to his size.

i'm trying to think of something big enough that would detach parts that can turn into a mini transformer...all i keep thinking of though is devastator.

weird that they made him frenzy though, when you think about it rumble got way more screen time (not to mention being a fairly good character, little punk was willing to take anyone on :D )

pity about soundwave, woulda been cool to see him being attacked by the army who think a lone transformer is easy then having him pop out cassette after cassete of transformers. the guys a walking one mech army! still the whole walkman thing doest work these days. ah well maybe in the sequel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    1. He had those three smaller transformers in him (ratchet was the dog, cant remember the other two) the way he shoots them out of himself as tape cassettes.
    That was Ravage and he was a panther or some such.

Ratbat was always a favourite cassette tape of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

The toys look terrible. Prime looks awful. Why change something that's not broken.

And starscream....FFS. What are they doing. Are they trying to p*ss me off. Bay should be shot.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

As already mentioned, it is a pity that the person who did the voice of Starscream from the animated movie is dead. I can still hear him in my head, as I used to have the book and cassette version of the movie. Some freaky sounds on cassette used to mess with my young mind.

i.e the sound of the space and the Ultra Magus/Galvatron transforming.

Cannot wait for this movie, what a trip down memory lane this thread has been for the past 30 mins. That trailer on the US military base does make the whole film look a bit dodgy.... a recruitment / PR exercise for the military.

I used to have some toy of Starscream, by far the coolest of either Autobots or Deceptecons.

The Autobots are going to get a serious a$$ kicking without Hotrod unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Hotrod was gay!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Slurms wrote:
    Hotrod was gay!!

No way, he was the first robot to wear flares!

xanthor wrote:
    It may have something to do with a 'Name save' in order to keep the rights to a name, Hasbro have to use a characters name on a regular basis.

There is a Rumble toy comming out next year as part of the Alternators line, (Honda Civic for those of you who are bothered - and it looks like it will be released here) so, Hasbro already have the rights to the name Rumble secured for a while...

Plus Frenzy was premdominantly blue, like Soundwave.

..........and before anyone chimes in and points out that the blue one was RUMBLE in the cartoon...... in the toy line, Frenzy was the blue one.

be interesting to see if he keeps his power. if memory serves frenzy was meant to be able to emit sonic waves which could either just deafen you or level walls depending on the need. be cool to see if all the characters have little things like that (jazz: sound and light show, ironhide: funky fluids ala liquid nitrogen, tar/glue, self igniting liquids) with so few autobots there should be occasion to spotlight it:D )

BossArky wrote:
    No way, he was the first robot to wear flares!
    And this makes him not gay, how?

It makes him not gay in the same way that your inane statement made him gay in the first place.

BossArky wrote:
    It makes him not gay in the same way that your inane statement made him gay in the first place.
    Don't you try using logic with me!

Hot Rod is pretty gay alright.

The only female Transformer showed an interest in Hot Rod and he did nothing about it and Springer end up taking her away.

Hot Rod much rather hang around with an older man named Kup.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

That was Ravage and he was a panther or some such.

Ratbat was always a favourite cassette tape of mine.

I always liked the tape twins Rumble & Frenzy.

Hot Rod is pretty gay alright.

The only female Transformer showed an interest in Hot Rod and he did nothing about it and Springer end up taking her away.

Hot Rod much rather hang around with an older man named Kup.

i thought he was a bit of a peadophile...he kept hanging around with that little kid. Taking him for rides etc (god knows what the gearbox is for a transformer)

Starscream was definitely a big queen as well.

"Megatron! You total bitch!"

• Advertisement

No! Noooooo!

I'm not listening...la la la la laaaa laaaa!

that hurts... it just hurts :(

check out seibertron.com for leaked pics of megatron!!! if you think starscream caused a **** storm wait till you see this. my only hope is its a rendering of his PRE earth mode. apparently in this he turns into a cybertronian jet. the pics came from aint it cool news but were taken down but if you go into the thread on megatron in the movie section of the site you'll see em. good luck:D page 9 third post down is a full shot of him. weird to say the least

*edit. just check out the home page instead, its been updated with a better pic. so just type in seibertron.com into your address bar to check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Nice find!

I like the look of the jet.

have to say i aint liking megatron.

For the most part i dont mind most of the designs.

The autobots are alright, i need to see them move to make final judgement.

But the deceptacons.

the blackhawk one is pretty cool, and scorpinok makes sense enough.

But megatron and starscream.

Starscream is too fat, for a character who is wanting to backstab megatron he seems to much like a bulky grunt. but again could be different when seen in motion.

Megatron though.

Sheesh.

Its a very simple problem.

He looks like a monster. In fact thats the problem with all the deceptacons, they look too much like alien monsters ala Independance day. Megatron doesnt look like an evil dictator or a villian, just a monster, which is a major disapointment.

anyway i popped into paint and made one small alteration. (looks crap) but you get the idea. If they applied this he would be improved by about 80% then just tone down on the hr giger body work and he's perfect.

Megatron? I don't get it? Im hoping it looks good when its rendered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

they should have been blocky like the cartoon with little insdes or sharp angles shown... :P

wait what are we waiting for again?

transformers or bionicle?

• Advertisement

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    wait what are we waiting for again?

transformers or bionicle?

well you have to think that they're trying to make it "cool" for the kids today... so we'll just have to wait and see i suppose

Advertisement