Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - 2007 movie (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

These pics don't look good. Looks like the robots could be taken apart with a tin opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

great site man. i think the only ones missing are ironhide and ratchet :)

i'll be honest my heart dropped when i saw the megs pics but its still really early days yet so i'll reserve judgement till i see the film. i just hope they dont compleatly **** it up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Optimus Prime looks like he should be in Hot Wheels or something!

Slurms wrote:
    Optimus Prime looks like he should be in Hot Wheels or something!

that's probably the plan ;)

spoiler-tastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

my god that sound aweful

-you know there is something wrong with a film when all they can talk about is burning furbies.

-Also the plug for ebay sounds painful.

-And finally can they please shut up about the US military.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,703 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

At first was dubious about Megatron, but there is one fairly obvious reason for his model i guess - head looks exactly same shape as the traditional Decepticon Insignia..

Was worried they were gonna change Optimus too much, but i actually looks pretty cool, kept the same general image of him but just more sophisticated robot look to it.

Cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    my god that sound aweful

-you know there is something wrong with a film when all they can talk about is burning furbies.

-Also the plug for ebay sounds painful.

-And finally can they please shut up about the US military.
    Dear God....... it just keeps getting worse. Burning Furbies and a military love story. When will Bay ever learn...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

two videos up to be seen on IESB.NET featuring don murphy and tom desanto talking about the movie.
    like i said i suck at links but if you go to the main page its the top story so click on the link there. its about 20 mins long altogether (its in two parts) and gives a nice insight to the guys involved. murphy comes off as a twat on his board but seems a decent enough guy here and desanto draws analogies between TF and XMEN in terms of what theyre trying to do. have fun :D

i suck at links

boom headshot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I was really optimistic but....it sounds horrifically bad.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I watched the original Transformers movie the other night. It wasn't as good as I remember from the tape and book 20 years ago, but it brought back memories... I still remembered the classic quotes:

"AstroTrain, transform and get us out of here"

"First Prime, then Ultra Magnus, and now you. It's a pity you Autobots die so easily"

I still maintain that HotRod is by far the coolest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Seriously though, how cool was the bit where their rocket ship blasted through Unicron's eye ? eh? eh? + the soundtrack => that scene = awesome :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ha.. Hasbro has reigstered the names "Optimash Prime" and "More than Meets the Fry"

Looks like we could be looking at a transformer themed Mr. Potato Head at some stage, like the Star Wars 'Darth Tater' and 'Spudtrooper'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Ha.. Hasbro has reigstered the names "Optimash Prime" and "More than Meets the Fry"

Looks like we could be looking at a transformer themed Mr. Potato Head at some stage, like the Star Wars 'Darth Tater' and 'Spudtrooper'

How's about Cadbury's Chock-Wave

Slightly off topic but go here to support Hotrod, my nomination for Legend of the Boards.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054984710

Ok....at least thet have kept primes face... that's someting right...!

primes face
    primes ass
    primes front

not quite nostalgic, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

WTF?

What is wrong with his face???

Seriously Megatron looks like an alien brain sucker and Optimus Prime looks like a disgruntled British lord.

It looks like he has a huge nose?

edit: nice ass though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

where is the pic of megatron?

what are they doing to my childhood?!

I think it's clearer than ever now that Optimus Prime is Jewish.

I think it's clearer than ever now that Optimus Prime is Jewish.
    I thought Peter confirmed that in Family Guy :)

Maybe they are leading us astray with all these "leaks" and realy everything will be just as we remember it....... ah who am I kidding

What's with them having a battle mode face anyway?

I just keep thinking of Mrs. Potato head packing for Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 2 " I'm packing your extra pair of shoes, and your angry eyes just in case."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭partholon

hey guys just in from the seibertron site. yeah its weird looking alright but in fairness its also a really early concept design so im sure they'll tighten it op. as to the whole combat/normal head thing beats me. my guess is the suits didnt think we could connect with a characters whos face we couldnt see (obviously not the lads off V for Vendetta then :D ) so hence we get retractable face plates. that said it could be a cool visual thing when they go into combat i.e. faceplate on, ass kicking begins !

Judging by Bubblebee's face he is going to be transforming into a vacuum cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

even worse than that - he's a dyson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

BossArky wrote:
    Judging by Bubblebee's face he is going to be transforming into a vacuum cleaner.

Or a savage sex toy....

What's with them having a battle mode face anyway?

I just keep thinking of Mrs. Potato head packing for Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 2 " I'm packing your extra pair of shoes, and your angry eyes just in case."
    Lol, I can see ironhide and prime having the same conversations.

"You go kick them decepticons butts, and don't forget your battlemode face plate"

• Advertisement

take some time out from fighting the good fight (trasforumers, roll out.. etc.), have a read of the first 5 pages of the script

major spoiler warnings, assuming this is the real deal of course. i haven't read it, nor do i intend to...

http://jalopnik.com/cars/news/transformers-movie-exclusive-first-five-pages-of-transformers-script-199846.php

Advertisement