Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent

Options
  • 24-09-2006 2:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

First good decision this board has made in ages. 20 Thumbs up.

Goldbug.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

Rozie wrote:
    First good decision this board has made in ages. 20 Thumbs up.

Goldbug.jpg
    Those Throttlebot toys were fun (what with their pull-back motors), but their robot modes didn't look that great and were virtually immovable. At least Goldbug/Bumblebee got loads of great storytime in the comic books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Yeah, it is kind of annoying when a character that has an absolutely crap toy gets lots of limelight though.

We still haven't gotten proper Ironhide and Ratchet figures.

Still waiting on an IDW comics style Masterpiece Megatron too :( The G1 toy didn't look like his comic/cartoon version. They can't really make him a realistic gun again(and it would make his robot mode look **** anyway) so making him a tank would work best. G2 Megatron is probably the best toy design, though it's quite undetailed.

Or when a character that doesn't even have a toy does(see: Arcee).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

Rozie wrote:
    Yeah, it is kind of annoying when a character that has an absolutely crap toy gets lots of limelight though.

Or when a character that doesn't even have a toy does(see: Arcee).
    I don't see much wrong with a non-toy character getting page-time. On a whole other point though, Arcee was a pretty crap character. The only good use 'she' (*gag* *hocccck* *spit*) was put to was in the light-hearted "Prime's Rib" story where 'she' was explained to be as genderless as the rest of the Autobots, but merely a new construct to aid in human relations, particularly with a group of humourless feminists! Heh heh heh.
    Rozie wrote:
    Still waiting on an IDW comics style Masterpiece Megatron :(
    You mean a Don-Figueroa-designed still-looks-like-Megatron's-original-robot-mode -but-now-isn't-a-Walther-P38-Pistol toy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I don't see much wrong with a non-toy character getting page-time

It annoys me because that character seems so cool and I can't own a little copy of them :(
    You mean a Don-Figueroa-designed still-looks-like-Megatron's-original-robot-mode -but-now-isn't-a-Walther-P38-Pistol toy?

Yes. He turns into a big tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

megatron should be a desert eagle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement