Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot Fair

Options
  • 24-09-2006 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

MOrning all,

Does anybody know if there is a boot fair near greystones today.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Sharonh

Hi, I'm on the look out for one too! I need off load a lot stuff. Let me know if you hear of any. cheers, sharon.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

St David's secondary school, located at the seafront, is having what I understand is their last bi-weekly car boot sale of the year this Sunday. Starts at 8 am and costs 10 euro (I think) if you want to sell stuff.

I would check with the school on Friday first, however, because I heard the school was shut down this week by health and safety inspectors, and not sure if that will have an effect on the car boot sale.

Don't know of any other car boot sales in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 JKB

Oh God, any idea why.... what's going to happen to the kids going there etc

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Oh God, any idea why.... what's going to happen to the kids going there etc

They have been doing a lot of work on the building over the summer to improve it, including replacing all the windows. A student casually mentioned in class the other day that he saw the workers (who were installing the new windows) having a liquid lunch on the railway footbridge. The teacher went to inspect the work done in her classroom, and the new window fell in.

I heard it was shut down for a week to address the substandard work. Not sure how the kids will make it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 JKB

That's terrible.... glad they are getting it sorted now and fair play to the pupil that went to the teacher

• Advertisement
Advertisement