Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom Telephony Outage?

Options
  • 24-09-2006 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Hi all. i dont see any communication - telephone forums, so can mods move this accordingly?

since this morning, smart telecom phone service isnt working. is anyone experiencing the same problem?the only weird thing is, the broadband is working perfectly fine.

i just cant make or receive calls, as soon as i pick up, there is a busy dial tone.

i am in dublin 8, near christchurch cathedral.

never had any issues with them before...

anyone with the same problem? tried calling them, but though their website says faults service is on 24 hours / day, their answering machine asks to call back during the week....

Thanks for any info?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Yes, my phone service is also not working out here in Templeogue (on the Walkinstown exchange) - just goes straight to the busy tone a few seconds after you pick up, like you describe. Haven't tried ringing faults yet myself, but which number did you ring? I think the fault reporting may be a different number to that on the website, or that appears on your monthly bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Same problem here in Dublin 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

Yep, I'm in Ringsend, and my phone's off too (didn't realise until I saw this thread and decided to test).

I don't get a busy tone though, in fact I don't get any tone at all, and when I tried to call my own number from my mobile I got that horrible highpitched error tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

its widespread. friend in d2 has same problem as well. well, the 1550 number theres no point calling, itll charge u while redirecting u to the 1800 931 number.

oh well. if its general, hopefully the techs themselves wont be able to use the phone and get moving to repair everyone elses!

According to the Smart message boards it's being looked into now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

yup.great. they are working on rainy sundays (lines got flooded?litterally?last night? :D)

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=830

follow it there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭SteM

Glad it's not just us having problems here in D8.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Same here in Limerick

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yup, must be nationwide fault. Problem here too in Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

appears to be fixed. no problem calling my land line from mobile or vice versa. Nangor Road exchange, Clondalkin, D22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moving to the Nets/Comms board.

Still down in D4. Changed though, now when I try and call my landline from a mobile I get a recorded message that it is out of service, as opposed to the awful error tone squealing at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Seems to be back up here aswell. Getting a dial tone when I pick up the phone and I can call out - doesn't seem to want to let me call the landline from my mobile some of the time though. Must have been something major that went wrong since it was out for so long.

Advertisement