Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FInal Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerebus

Options
  • 24-09-2006 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Has anyone else heard about this? My brother was in America over the summer, and he spotted this. he said it'll be released soon.

The story is 8 years after VII and the Shinra corp. is making a comeback, and Vincent has to stop them. any ideas of a European release date or any other info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭limey_tank

There's a review on Ars Technica.
    http://arstechnica.com/reviews/games/dirge.ars

Look like it's a game for hardcore fans (which everybody here is, of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

The games been absolutely slated over in Japan. From what I can tell, it's bland, repetitive and has absolutely nothing, gameplay wise, that distinguishes it from the rest of those generic shooty games.

To the best of my knowledge, we Eueopeans have't yet been given a release date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think it's released here before christmas. Don't really care about it tbh. It got slated in japan for being an absolute disgrace of a game. It got better received in America since they ironed out some of the flaws, although it still got average reviews. Couldn't really care any less about these FFVII spin-offs. After Advent Children the direction they are taking the series in is totally uninteresting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What new direction are you talking about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The new direction of cashing in on the name by making substandard products off of a storyline that had reached it's conclusion and didn't need to be blundered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

What new direction are you talking about?

In short: Releasing complete and utter cack and slapping the VII name on it safe in the knowledge that a certain portion, a sizeable one at that, of the fanbase will buy and adore it because it has VII characters in it or even mentions the word VII.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ThePlum

Yeah, looked at a ew reviews, not a true final fantasy alright probably cashing in on the FFVII legacy... I think i'll hold out for FFXII instead i wonder if it'll be out on Ps3.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The new direction of cashing in on the name by making substandard products off of a storyline that had reached it's conclusion and didn't need to be blundered.

Ah right, that's cool.
    I thought you meant with the games.

Advertisement