Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could this challange DN4ever?

Options
  • 24-09-2006 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

On longest development time?

Does it count if a game was in production but then cancelled and then reassumed?

Cause jumping back to the Saturn's middle life (96?) Sonic X-Treme a cancelled sonic game has been revived http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_S_%28game%29

not much on it apart from that. Though for the simple fact that in the original the story involved fighting 3 different types of metal sonic makes me curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nah, thats cheating. DNF has actually been worked on for its whole development time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Does it count if a game was in production but then cancelled and then reassumed?
    I did see the word "remake", didn't I? So no, DN4ever is still the longest game in production, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    On longest development time?

No, because the game isn't being developed. This game was cancelled in 1996 and restarted in 2006. The development time is only a year or so. DN4Ever has been in development for 8 years

Advertisement