Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Made Out With My First Cousin

• 24-09-2006 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

We were both a bit tipsy but god help me it was seriously the best kiss ever :(:(:(

I'd feel less guilty about it if I hadn't enjoyed it so much. I feel like stuffing my head in the sand for the next few decades until I completely forget this ever happened.

I mean seriously.. Eeew!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

nothing wrong there...i've one or two first cousins i rarely see i wouldnt mind doin the same to... just don't go any further ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

nothing wrong there...i've one or two first cousins i rarely see i wouldnt mind doin the same to... just don't go any further ;)

Haha! Apparently its not illegal, had this discussion with a mate of mine who rode his first cousin (seriously, it was a mate of mine & not me!), and he didn't even see a problem with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

We were both a bit tipsy but god help me it was seriously the best kiss ever :(:(:(

I'd feel less guilty about it if I hadn't enjoyed it so much. I feel like stuffing my head in the sand for the next few decades until I completely forget this ever happened.

I mean seriously.. Eeew!
    Agreed.
    Don't do this again.
    Don't worry about the best kiss ever. The best kiss ever is still to come. From someone else.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Darragh29 wrote:
    Haha! Apparently its not illegal, had this discussion with a mate of mine who rode his first cousin (seriously, it was a mate of mine & not me!), and he didn't even see a problem with it!

now sex with her is another issue... i think that had some genetic issues does it not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I have a cousin I'd like to kiss but she's married now so that'd just be weird.

• Advertisement

Hope this isn't off topic, but I used to have this CRAZY infatuation with a girl who was in secondary school with me in Lucan (she was reapeating her leaving cert when I was in 5th year). I often wondered what it must be like for her brother, she was so stunningly attractive it was breathtaking, I used to wonder if she had a brother how he wasn't attracted to her. This girl was Ms. World material!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I mean seriously.. Eeew!

People have done worse tbh... Sounds more of a hang-up than anything else. Not saying it's good/bad, just to move on and, if it still bothers you, drink less at family get togethers

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I actually know 2 first cousins that are married,its perfectly legal.

now sex with her is another issue... i think that had some genetic issues does it not

Well thats what I said to my mate but he reckons its completely fine and would ride her again if he got the chance! He said once its on his mothers side its legal! Each to their own I say!

it does cause some genetic problems its called inbreeding depression, but only is really dangerous if their kids get jiggy inter family

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

haha

i wouldnt worry about it , id snog shag ride , marry my second cousin givein half the chance she's fine :cool: i meen really fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭cork-langer

Tristrame wrote:
    I actually know 2 first cousins that are married,its perfectly legal.

will someone please think of the children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

From what I remember it's fine for first cousins, but not for second and so on. Which I thought was weird cos wouldn't there be more of a mix then? Must have gotten it wrong somewhere.
    Anyway, yes, first cousins can be married. Don't recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ExcellentAdvice

Caryatnid wrote:
    Agreed.
    Don't do this again.
    Don't worry about the best kiss ever. The best kiss ever is still to come. From someone else.

That's really excellent advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

one of my cuzins, id do her any day of the week.

lots of people kiss their cousins. youre not a freak and neither is she. youll laugh about it sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Nothing wrong with a bitta incest, if ya can't keep it in the pants - keep it in the family!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

don't worry about it, but it might be best not to do it again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭cluborange86

didnt realise so many people had an attraction to their cousins!

its a bit like george michael and maybe from arrested development. which by the way is a very very good show.

just move on from it. you know its wrong so move on. although knowing its wrong might make you want it more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I am truly shocked by this cousin kissing/riding/marrying stuff. You are all sick!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

George Michael?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭cluborange86

hes a character from arrested development! great show that i would recommend you watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

chamlis wrote:
    From what I remember it's fine for first cousins, but not for second and so on. Which I thought was weird cos wouldn't there be more of a mix then? Must have gotten it wrong somewhere.
    Anyway, yes, first cousins can be married. Don't recommend it!
    t'other way round there mate. your first cousin is cloesly genetically related to you but your second cousin and so on isn't

your first cousin is your uncle's child (obviously)

your second cousin is your great grandfather's child's, child's child (your great uncle's grand child).

t'other way round there mate. your first cousin is cloesly genetically related to you but your second cousin and so on isn't

your first cousin is your uncle's child (obviously)

your second cousin is your great grandfather's child's, child's child (your great uncle's grand child).

Well yeah that's why it didn't make sense, but that's what I was told. You need to get permission from the bishop if you want to marry your first cousin, but marrying your second cousin isn't allowed.

Go figure.

EMERGENCY EDIT: I wasn't asking to marry my cousin or anything!! ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

This is very natural to have a crush on a relative.

I was crazy about my uncle growing up thought he was the best thing since sliced bread.

my cousin had a crush on me (so my aunt told me!)

I heard somewhere before that part of the reason cousins find each other attractive (although eh dunno how it works with siblings!) is that you would have so much in common, may even look alike slightly and grow up together etc you are actually seeing a little bit of you in them!

Pardon the pun :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

No big deal at all. The only reason I'd be embarrassed would be because of the rest of my family.

Genetically its no huge deal. Its not the healthiest for the gene pool and the only direct problem is a slight increase in the potential for genetic disorders.

EDIT: If there are kids and marraige and all that... Who gives a toss about kissing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

chamlis wrote:
    From what I remember it's fine for first cousins, but not for second and so on.
    I don't know where this is coming from, but geneticly, your first cousins are much closer than your second cousins. The only answer I can come up with is if it goes on in to second generation.

Yeah that could be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

Jebediah Springfield: People, our search is over! On this site we shall build a new town where we can worship freely, govern justly, and grow vast fields of hemp for making rope and blankets.

Shelbyville: Yes, and marry our cousins.

Jebediah: I was -- what are you talking about, Shelbyville? Why would we want to marry our cousins?

Shelbyville: Because they're so attractive. I, I thought that was the whole point of this journey.

Jebediah: Absolutely not!

Shelbyville: I tell you, I won't live in a town that robs men of the right to marry their cousins.

Jebediah: Well, then, we'll form our own town. Who will come and live a life devoted to chastity, abstinence, and a flavorless mush I call rootmarm?
    [the people divide between Jebediah and Shelbyville]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Its wrong dont do it again.

What is wrong with you people? Is this the dark ages ? There are 6 million people in the world, get out and experience some non-related sexual fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Moojuice wrote:
    Its wrong dont do it again.

Wrong how? Please explain the negative consequences of kissing a cousin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

:eek:

OH... MY... GOD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Hee hee! As they say in Arkansas, Nothing says Lovin Like Marrying Yer Cousin!

Seriously, first cousins would not be genetically sound. Do not pursue this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

surely it doesn't matter if either of you are adopted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

First cousins can marry but second cousins generally shouldn't as the blood line gets closer.

With second cousins they will both have the same grandparents and one set of great grandparents. :confused:
    With first cousins they will only have one set in common and will have have different grandparents and different great grandparents. I know a number of people who married their first cousins without any issue.
    In repsonse to the OP, it happens and you enjoyed it. But your guilt suggestd that it shoduln't hgappen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    surely it doesn't matter if either of you are adopted?
    Otherwise..............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

let's just say the kissin was just due to the drink. talk to her and make joke out of it and FORGET! don't go beyond that.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

is_that_so wrote:
    First cousins can marry but second cousins generally shouldn't as the blood line gets closer.

With second cousins they will both have the same grandparents and one set of great grandparents. :confused:
    With first cousins they will only have one set in common and will have have different grandparents and different great grandparents. I know a number of people who married their first cousins without any issue.
    In repsonse to the OP, it happens and you enjoyed it. But your guilt suggestd that it shoduln't hgappen again.

yep..it's legal to marry your 1st cousin but not your 2nd cousin..why?
    Because when putting it into law they thought that no one would ever consider marrying their 1st cousin because of being so closely related..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As if we aren't far enough off topic, unless someone can back up these claims about second cousins, this thread is being locked and everyone who has mentined second cousins is getting banned for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

It makes some genetic issues more likely. If you have a relatively small gene-pool in which marrying one's cousin happens repeatedly (so you're marrying your cousin, who is also your second cousin, and also your aunt), then you will get problems (e.g. the Russian Royal Family, inhabitants of some small islands) but as something that just happens on occasion it's fine. However the very fact that these cases do arise is due to the fact that incest taboos have generally not forbidden such pairings.

There's no civil law against having sex with or marrying one's cousin. Some religions have laws against it, and some of those in turn allow for dispensations to be made (e.g. for a Roman Catholic wedding between cousins you need a dispensation from the Holy See).

Can't say I've snogged a cousin after the age of 4 or 5 (at the age of 4 or 5 I was curious about the whole snogging thing, and so was a cousin, though we concluded that neither of us could really see what the fuss was about).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Well my first reaction is "Ewww! Gross!"

After that, I can see why the idea of kissing someone you shouldn't is alluring but if I were you I'd chalk this one up to experience & move on...failing that just picture your Mum/Dad/Auntie/Uncle's face if they ever found out! :eek: :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

First cousin > no way

Second cousin > maybe

Thrid + >fair game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

My advice?
    Get a banjo....

E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

http://www.cousincouples.com/

On the subject of second cousins - direct second cousins share great-grandparents and this is generally considered far enough away to be "fair game" (but they'd have to be hot TBH)

Cousins are illegal for a reason. "Mutations" - in a word. Get over it and find someone else a bit further from your gene pool if you don't want that family tree to become to a family circle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I though it was ok for First cousins to marry etc.
    Frined of mine went out with her fathers brothers son?
    cathy

I had a similar experience, where i snogged a cousin on a drunken night out, thing was tho didn't know we were related until a few months later, when we met at a family funeral.......... we are 3rd cousins.

anyway, u did it, cant change the past, so just learn from it and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Umaro wrote:
    Nothing wrong with a bitta incest, if ya can't keep it in the pants - keep it in the family!

now how is that helpful?

Sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Cousins are illegal for a reason.
    Bull****.
    Its not illegal. Check your facts.

2nd cousins are even further genetically diverse and so there is even less risk. Everyone should go and review basic genetics before posting on subject they know nothing about.

Marrying your cousin is not illegal. Neither is marrying your second cousin.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I dont think that the issue of civil law should come into whether or not one should roide one's cousin.
    I think its a bad idea to kiss your cousin, mainly because it is your cousin, and my gag reflex for incest is a healthy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

you guys are pretty messed up... i agree with that other guy, get a banjo! :D

man this isnt America,incest isnt cool,get a banjo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement