Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europe Cruising To Ryder Cup Victory

• 24-09-2006 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Not to count chickens but as it stands the final score will be about 18-11 to Europe - a spanking of the USA. Stewart Cink is the only Amercian to really play top quality this afternoon. Harrington meanwhile is destined not to win a match unless he gets his stuff together.

updating scores

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Indeed. Looks like Darren might secure the winning point.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah boring isn't it. Wouldn't want Europe to lose but I was hoping for a close one just for some excitement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Westwood is going mad! 5 up.

Mike.

David Howell retains the Ryder Cup.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

Well done Europe. Pity it was not won by Darren.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

mike65 wrote:
    David Howell retains the Ryder Cup.

Mike.

Surely it was Donald who retained it and Stenson who won it.

Nope Howell retained and Stenson won it. Donald was about 30 seconds late.

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I missed the whole thing. :/

At least we won, pity it wasn't close. The last one was awesome to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well done Europe, now to stick it to the neighbours no more USA, USA, USA chants from there anymore. :)

Wahaayyy!

00009f81170.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

mike65 wrote:
    Nope Howell retained and Stenson won it. Donald was about 30 seconds late.

Mike.

Not according to Sky Sports or the Irish Times.

Howell secured point 13. Five minutes later Donald got point 14 to retain it and seconds later Stenson got point 15 to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

mike65 wrote:
    Not to count chickens but as it stands the final score will be about 18-11 to Europe - a spanking of the USA. Stewart Cink is the only Amercian to really play top quality this afternoon. Harrington meanwhile is destined not to win a match unless he gets his stuff together.

updating scores

Mike.
    it was a royal spankathon allright in the end, 18.5 to 9.5, btw the ryder cup is only played over 28 matches so your 29 point forecast was impossible, just saying, ps it was donald that holed the retaining putt

29 points doh! :p

On the "who won teh Cup" I was taking my info from FiveLive who managed to contradict themselves, then on Sky I saw something else again. Still, who cares? :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

mike65 wrote:
    Still, who cares? :)
    Mike.
    you wouldn't be saying that if luke donalds mammy was chasing you with a rolling pin "my boy retained it, twas my boy, my lukey" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SharpshooterTom_79811

The hype surrounding it really annoyed me. I usually support Europe but because of all the hype this time round I couldn't be bothered. People are only milking it to compensate Europe's shoddy record at winning majors.

Nice to see Clarke win all 3 of his matches considering what he went through. He's now favourite to win BBC sports personality of the year and I truely hope he does.

Advertisement