Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers: The Movie - Have a Favourite Scene?

Options
  • 24-09-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

Right, despite the film being as cheesey as hell (dancing around a campfire on the Junk planet :confused:), im sure we can agree there are some classic scenes. What's everyones favourite?

Me - im sort of split between Unicron's intro and the Megatron/Galvatron transformation but have gone with the intro.

Slag me off if you wish but Unicron's intro is one of the best opening scenes in any film, ever - Fact :)

Here's a crappy midi version of his theme: http://www.transfan-asylum.org/sounds/comingofunicron.mid

The Megatron/Galvatron transformation animation still impresses me today and sends chills down my spine.

Anyone want to nominate other scenes ive missed?

Let the voting begin :)

What is your favourite scene from Transformers: The Movie 21 votes

Unicron's Introduction
    0%
    Massacre on the Shuttle
    4%
    Vokes 1 vote
    Battle of Autobot City
    9%
    monkeyfudgeSpeedway 2 votes
    Optimus Prime vs Megatron
    4%
    Trode 1 vote
    Prime's Death
    28%
    thelordofcheeseEyespyspacecoyoteconstitutionusDarthWraakMr. K 6 votes
    Megatron -> Galvatron transformation
    4%
    sioda 1 vote
    Starscream's Execution
    14%
    V9xanthorNuri Sahin 3 votes
    The Quintesson Trial
    14%
    JimZapp BranniganDominatorx 3 votes
    Unicron's Transformation
    9%
    R0otSean7 2 votes
    Hot Rod vs Galvatron
    9%
    The_g-manRaekwon 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The Quintesson Trial
    Depsite being my fav character ever, I love starscreams execution! Just cos it shows how bad-ass Galvatron is gonna be!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Prime's Death
    "will anyone else attempt to fill his shoes?" :D

loved that, particularly when he recognised galvy as megs. i choose the prime megatron fight. it was just sooooo cool. from the initial transformation and flip after running down a gaggle of deceps to the eventual fatal wounding (which no one saw comming, i know they got in trouble for it but killing prime off raised the film above a commercial for toys. people were gutted in the cinema)

my favorite bit though was the bit right at the end after prime whacks megatron off that ledge where he tries to stand up, staggers and falls to his knee. i dont know why but that one brief scene says more about primes character than reems and reems of exposition (conversely starscream does the same when he kicks megatron when he's down:D )

ya have to admit even if you didnt want prime to die, you couldnt ask for a better swan song. best death ever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Massacre on the Shuttle
    from the initial transformation and flip after running down a gaggle of decep
    That flip and mowing down the 'Cons was very, very cool :)

Prime's Death
    SofaKing wrote:

the bit where thrusts reflection is seen in primes grill and a little colgate *ting* glints in the corner just before he hits him still makes me smile :D

Massacre on the Shuttle
    Damn, never noticed that!

Just had a look again at that scene, its genius - the slow-mo transform into the truck at the start; Thrust's look of terror on Prime's grill; the slow-mo transform back into robot mode while fireing up the boosters; moving into a arcing flip over the 'Cons; meanwhile firing off a few well aimed airborne shots; execute perfect landing; cue mowing down the 'Cons, BAM, BAM, BAM :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Voted for Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime vrs Galvatron but the Junkions dance always made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The Quintesson Trial
    A corination ceremony Starscream? This is bad comedy.

Prime's Death
    you know people say the film cheesy but ya have to admit in places the dialogue is practically shakespearian! the above being a classic example

Massacre on the Shuttle
    Yep, the Decepticons have all the great lines, me likes:

Unicron: I have summoned you here for a purpose.
    Megatron: Nobody summons Megatron.
    Unicron: Then it pleases me to be the first.

...and...

Starscream: Who disrupts my coronation?
    Galvatron: Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy.
    Starscream: Megatron? Is that you?
    Galvatron: Here's a hint!
    [transforms and shoots Starscream. Starscream crackles and falls to dust]

:)

Prime's Death
    dare i say it?....."excellent.." :D classice bit of dialogue between megs and unicron after he's tortured him into accepting his terms. the level of sarcasm in TF the movie is very impressive for an american kids movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Hot Rod vs Galvatron
    Voted for Unicrons transformation, you will never see a better show of sheer magnitude in the transformers world and feeling of impending doom.
    For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet. But now, you shall witness, it's dismemberment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i voted for Rod v galv

the whole fight now not just the end, i loved the dark tunnels + headlight effects. Then throwing galvatron out of unicron, thats hardcore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Prime's Death
    OP Vs. Galvitron FTW

"You got the touch, you got the power" etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,524 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Prime's Death
    SofaKing wrote:

yeah i gotta agree. I rewatched the movie a few months ago having not seen it in years and after that moment remember thinking, damn prime was a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

What about the scene with Eric Idle where they all start dancing? That was mad. You can see one of the Junkions trying to breakdance in one of the cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Battle of Autobot City
    I had to pick the massacre on the shuttle... that's when you first realise that this film is going to be a very different beast compared to the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

Optimus Prime vs Megatron
    Close thing between the Autobot city battle and Prime v Megatron, but I went with the former, mostly because its not shagged up by Hot Rod, who actually proves useful (more classy dialogue "The Insecticons are in our way!" "No, they're our way in"), and ends with Prime's fantastic takedown of half the Decepticon army.

Also, as hilariously dire as the Junkion TV-speak/dance party bit was, the fight between them and the Autobots(mostly Springer) before Kup arrives was pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah big fan for Wreak-Gar and the Junkions (he had the coolest Ming-the-merciless tash) and teh fight was pretty good ... infact here it is - crazy dance and all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GRNPlrv7Ac&mode=related&search=

Megatron -> Galvatron transformation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9xbI5a1ilk

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Prime's Death
    Gotta love the Prime Vs Megatron Battle, my favourite bit being when Prime has Megatron beat, and he's begging for mercy, trying to stall so he can get his hands on his gun.

Kinda shows that Megatron will do anything to win, and the disgust in Primes voice was great
    You, who are without mercy, now plead for it? I thought you were made of sterner stuff!

Prime's Death
    man so many great scenes to choose from.

incidentally was just watching the link on the hotrod galvatron fight and have to admit lenord nimoy managed to put an enormous amount of contempt into practically everything galvatron said. he really raised the bar in how galvy came across in terms of sheer arrogance, didnt think spock had it in him :D

Eric Idle did the voice of Wreak Gar of the Junkions!

Massacre on the Shuttle
    Nimoy only did the Galvatron voice for the movie, and then someone else took over, right? Shame, Nimoy's Galvatron was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

I think Bob Budiansky summed it up quite well when he recently said:

"chaotic story, flat dialogue, some very silly scenes, crude animation."

As much as I love Transformers, the movie itself (and the cartoon series) is quite dumb, shallow, and clunky in many places. Granted, it was kid's stuff + aimed at pushing the next wave of toys, but really without the rose-tinted specs and fan-bias, the film doesn't hold up well at all, quality wise.

Still nice to see 'our' robots smack each other around the head, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

SofaKing wrote:
    Nimoy only did the Galvatron voice for the movie, and then someone else took over, right? Shame, Nimoy's Galvatron was very good.

Welker took back the role, and was better at it, IMO. Nimoy didn't even sound like Nimoy, he sounded like a grumbly low Welker.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I read some of the comments on the You Tube link and one that someone made I really agree with, namely that the series as a whole went downhill after the Megatron - Galvatron transformation scene.

- Starscream gets killed (makes a brief return later on in Season 3 - 2 of the better episodes actually). Very good scene tho in fairness.

- Almost all of the original G1 characters are either killed or never seen again or if they are only briefly so.. and whoever they got to voice Soundwave in the only season 3 episode he actually spoke in should be ashamed. Sounded like Dr Claw from Inspector Gadget!! :( One of the best things was Soundwave's voice! Pity he didn't win the leadership fight inside Astrotrain on the way back but Starscream was always gonna get his moment - albeit briefly!

- Megatron bargaining with Unicron. Great dialogue and animation - especially the bit where his outer chassis gets stripped away. For me i think he should've just been rebuilt as Megatron (at this point he already seems to have been fully repaired) rather than (the somewhat poorly animated by comparison) final transform into Galvatron. That said, ths is probably my favorite scene of the whole movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I love that bit where HotRod is rushing back to the city and Stan Bush is blaring in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1SNgRxiyF0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Megatron -> Galvatron transformation
    Have to go with Primes death Its just a classic scene one of the best deaths in film history always brings a tear to my eye.

cant believe no mentioned the "bah weep granah weep ninni bong" scenes they were hilarious

Advertisement