Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Music download sites

• 24-09-2006 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I haven't got an MP3 player (yet), don't want a subscription and want to legally download; I just want to purchase a few tracks and download them onto my PC and perhaps burn them onto a CD. I haven't done this before - can anyone recommend such a site(s)?

I've carried out a search but can't get a definitive answer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

for ease of use, itunes http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ is the best site and one of the cheapest. 99cent a track and 10Euro for most albums. the only catch is you will need an ipod to play the tracks on.

http://www.pro-music.org/musiconline/tracker-region-europe.htm will give you the rest of the legal download sites in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Thanks for the replies. When I do get an MP3 player, it won't be an Ipod so, with this in mind, could anyone recommend an alternative site say from the list attached?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Erm, you can convert Itunes music to mp3 so they will play on a normal mp3 player. I do all the time :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

www.allofmp3.com

Best site around by a long long way. A full album at 192kbs costs around $1.20 It's russian and russian law states something like, music belongs to the people or some other nonsense but it in effect means that the music is ridiculousy cheap. While 100% legal in russia there are questions about whether it is 100% outside. There have been numerous cases and injunctions taken out by the music industry but it's still up and running and will be for a long long time to come!!

They also have a downloadable interface that looks and works similarly to iTunes. Why would you use iTunes when it's TEN times more expensive??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Ballyman wrote:
    Why would you use iTunes when it's TEN times more expensive??

Because when you buy from a legitimate site like iTunes, the artists get paid. They do not get paid when you buy from allofmp3.com. You may as well just get the music for free as there's not much point in paying Russians for pirated music.

I use emusic.com a bit but they only have music from independent labels. By the standards of legal download sites, it's cheap and there's no DRM on the music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Allofmp3 is the Russian iTunes, suprisingly stuff is cheaper in Russia, probably about 10 times cheaper, hence it seems cheap to use, but is regular price for russians.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

there are 2 legal russian sites on promusic.org and allofmp3 is not one of them.

2.30euro an album on one and 1.40 a month for a 45 track monthly download allowance on the other.
    just because allofmp3 is legal in Russia, does not mean it is legal here. in your contract with your ISP you have to be sure that what you do online is legal in YOUR country.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

tom dunne wrote:
    Erm, you can convert Itunes music to mp3 so they will play on a normal mp3 player. I do all the time :)

Very messy though.

Advertisement