Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leather (or not?)

• 24-09-2006 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

My mother dropped a match onto her expensive "leather" furniture from arnotts and it melted straight into it. This got me wondering about how much leather you see is actually real leather, i.e. off the back of an animal and what exactly leather is when it's advertised as "leather upper". I always have trouble buying footwear because I try to avoid leather, but I wonder if I am turning down perfectly good vegetarian runners needlessly? Anyone any idea how to find out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I too avoid leather when buying shoes. If it has a leather symbol on it then i don't buy it. It may not have much but I guess some is too much!

I don't know much about couches. I was wondering if you can get leather style vegetarian couches but I recon most of them are real leather.

I guess there's a quota for the amount of animal skin it needs to have in order to constitute being a 'leather' couch.

Advertisement