Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Eye Reduction?

• 24-09-2006 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

What's the best way of removing or reducing red eye in a photo?

I have a few jpgs on my pc and want to remove the red eye in them.

Feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'll be adding that to my tutorial later today.

Essentially you make a new blank layer. Change its blending mode to "colour", and then paint over the red with black.

There might be a better way to do it, faster and on a bigger scale. I suppose, if theres no other red in the image you could use "Replace colour", select the red and just darken it/desaturate, although I havn't tried that yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Just zoom in one the eye (or eyes) and select the lasso tool, draw around the red eye and then hold shift to 'add to selection' and draw around the other eye. Now hit 'Ctrl+U' to call up hue/saturation box and select Red from the drop down menu at the top of the dialogue box. Then just move the saturation slider to the left.
    Can't add pics as I'm at work but I find it very quick and easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If you're in a major rush...use the red eye reduction tool...

It's under the spot healing section on your tool panel. Select a size, and pop it on. It dosn't always suit though!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Fajitas! wrote:
    If you're in a major rush...use the red eye reduction tool...

It's under the spot healing section on your tool panel. Select a size, and pop it on. It dosn't always suit though!

the red eye reduction tool tis only in CS2 I think...
    CS has a colour replacement tool with a red eye option tho.

I'd agree with Roen, thats a quick and easy way of removing red eye.
    Zillah's method sounds great for non-destructive tweaking as you can easily modify the new layer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭LunaC

Thanks for the info, much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There is an excellent tool in Paintshop Pro for red eye reduction, I don't have it right now as I have to install it on this machine. I will post again when I find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

if you have photoshop you can do it in camera raw

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

What about pinkeye for eight year old zombie threads?

Advertisement