Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Text book edco

Options
  • 24-09-2006 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi, i've been trying to get hold of the edco biology text book but can't find it anywhere. I think its by MIchael O'Callaghan. I have to do some homework today from this book So could someone do me a massive favour and type up the question 2,4,6,8,10,12 and 14 from page 9 in this book. i would really appreciate it.
    Cheers Mikey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

You're lucky I'm in such a good mood. :)

Q 2 ~ Name the area of biology studied by each of the following:

a-Botanist
    b-ecologist
    c-biochemist
    d-mycologist
    e-zoologist
    f-geneticist

Q4 ~ Different humans have different heartbeat rates. List six factorss that might cause such variations

Q6 ~ List 3 ways in which the results of an experiment may affect the hypothesis

Q8 ~ Explain what is meant by:

a-an observation
    b-a hypothesis
    c-a theory
    d-a principle

Q10 ~ In terms of experimentation:

a-What is a control?
    b-How should the control compare to the actual experiment?

Q12 ~ What do you understand by double blind testing and state the importance of this procedure.

Q14 ~

a-Why was the drug thalidomide developed?
    b-Why is it no longer used for this purpose?
    c-What flaw of the scientific method resulted in the drug origonally being put on the market?

If you're having trouble with any of the questions I'll be happy to help. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mikey222

Oh wow. THank you so much, that is such a great selfless thing to do. i really wasn't expecting a response. Your a life saver, i would have been in a lot of trouble. i'll just try them first and if i need a hand i'll get back to you.

Also if you need any other things i could help you with just let me know.

cheers mikey

Advertisement