Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you take a language module with MechEng?

• 24-09-2006 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Can you take a language module e.g. "French for Engineers" with the Mechanical Engineering degree?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Well when I was in first year of engineering in bolton street (02/03), which leads on to the mechanical engineering degree - we were approached by some nice lady inviting us to come learn some french. I'm not sure if anyone took her up on the offer though.

I do remember her saying that she was trying to get some sort of accreditation for the course so it might have been her first year to try it and could have fallen by the wayside.

So to directly answer your question, NO I know of nobody in my year that got a degree saying 'Mechanical Engineering with French', but there might be some that got a crappy made up certificate to put on their CV's that says something like 'Learned some French verbs in first year'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Tails142 wrote:
    Well when I was in first year of engineering in bolton street (02/03), which leads on to the mechanical engineering degree - we were approached by some nice lady inviting us to come learn some french. I'm not sure if anyone took her up on the offer though.

I do remember her saying that she was trying to get some sort of accreditation for the course so it might have been her first year to try it and could have fallen by the wayside.

So to directly answer your question, NO I know of nobody in my year that got a degree saying 'Mechanical Engineering with French', but there might be some that got a crappy made up certificate to put on their CV's that says something like 'Learned some French verbs in first year'.

I know my bro did German with mech eng but that was like 6 years ago!

Advertisement