Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearse in the Phoenix Park

Options
  • 24-09-2006 7:11pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My granddad passed away yesterday.

He'd like nothing better to drive through the Phoenix Park as he grew up there and then pass by his old house.

Do you need permission to drive a hearse through the Park?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm not too sure but these lovely ladies and gents will be able to help you out better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Firstly, sorry to hear that. :(

The only restriction on travel in the Park is a ban on commercial vehicles (no lorries or vans). I'd like to see a guard try to enforce that on a hearse with the cortege behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You could get in touch with the local Gardí just to be sure. It's a very nice idea and I hope you get to go through with it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Local Gardai is Ballyfermot and there was bad blood between them and my granddad a few years ago so we'd prefer not to get them involved (long story!).

My uncle is a Garda that works in the Park and is gona contact the Park Superintendent.

The family is just worried about the commercial ban

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Office of Public works control the phoenix park so give them a call and they'll let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Thanks for all the replies lads.

I think my uncle got it sorted.

Advertisement