Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crunch Fitness- Cancelling Contract

Options
  • 24-09-2006 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi there, need some help if possible, I have paid my membership for this place 1st of all for a 12 month period which was then renewed by payng in full for another 12 months. I am now 6 months into the 2nd year and I am moving house so therefore need a refund.

As we know with all gyms they are going to tell me to f*** off. I have already asked and they say no and to ask head office, they then wont give me the address of head office saying all correspondence goes through them.

Now on the contract it states that anyone on a DD scheme with them after the initial 12 months can cancel by giving one months notice. Which is fine, but it seems to me that full paying customers are then discriminated against because they cant cancel after the 12 months.

Any Ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Probley not alot you can do, maybe see will they let you sell it on to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Did you just pay in full for the next 12 months or did you sign a contract for another 12 months? If you signed a contract for another 12 months then they don't have to refund you your money.
    Try calling one of the centres and asking for the contact details of their head office. If they won't give you the details then put your request in writing and ask that the gym forward the letter on. In the letter put in a time, say two weeks in advance, that you expect a reply by.
    Be firm but be polite. The more you push your case the more they will have to listen to you and the more likely they are to release you from your contract just to get rid of you. Just make sure you're always polite!

Advertisement