Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying someone out of the army

• 24-09-2006 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭

I just wondering, more out of curiousity than anything else, how much it costs to buy someone out of the IDF these days, and what conditions have to be met before this can happen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

Cyclonius wrote:
    I just wondering, more out of curiousity than anything else, how much it costs to buy someone out of the IDF these days,

you'd have to ask an Israeli....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I think Irish Defense Forces is an accepted term.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

I think Irish Defense Forces is an accepted term.

NTM

Damn Americans and their lack of spelling abilities! You lived here for long enough, you'd think you'd learn how to spell Defence properly! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Why are so many people on Irish military related boards so bleedin' pedantic?

OP, my mate bought himself out for less than a night on the piss (100 bob or so), and he was a few months out of recruit training. Thats all the help I can give ya:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

Cyclonius wrote:
    I just wondering, more out of curiousity than anything else, how much it costs to buy someone out of the IDF these days, and what conditions have to be met before this can happen?

the israeli army is refered to as IDF (israeli defence force)
    Irish Army is refered to as PDF (permanent defence force) as opposed to RDF (reserved defence force).
    very few irish soliders who were in the leb would like to be refered to as been members of IDF.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

sunnyjim wrote:
    Why are so many people on Irish military related boards so bleedin' pedantic?

OP, my mate bought himself out for less than a night on the piss (100 bob or so), and he was a few months out of recruit training. Thats all the help I can give ya:)

Spoke to A sarge about it before, the cost used to be pending on how much training the army has given you etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Morse

dfaf wrote:
    the israeli army is refered to as IDF (israeli defence force)
    Irish Army is refered to as PDF (permanent defence force) as opposed to RDF (reserved defence force).
    very few irish soliders who were in the leb would like to be refered to as been members of IDF.

You've been to Lebanon?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

Morse wrote:
    You've been to Lebanon?.
    yeah i had a couple of holidays there in the early '90s:D

Advertisement