Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

switch to o2 or stick with vodafone?

• 24-09-2006 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    at the moment im with vodafone contract but getting sick of paying high prices and have been looking at o2 cos they seem cheaper and have more flexible plans,but i have a problem,i rely on data usage quite alot,at the mo im on 50mb for ?24,and thats is sufficient.has anyone been a similar situation,and looking for opinions?

regards
    damo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I do it like this:

Mobile with O2 (pre-pay), and Data with Vodafone (Unlimited Data for 49).

Edit: Have you looked at Vodafone Business Works? It's pricey at 79 euros a month, but does include a lot (400 any network minutes, unlimited Vodafone-to-Vodafone calls, 50MB data, push email, and I think you get a good deal on the new Nokia E61).

It really depends on your usage. I like the way O2's pre-pay plans are flexible, like I make most of my calls during the day, so I usually only pay 15c, and weekend calls are very cheap (1c at the moment for O2-to-O2, and 12c for other networks).

Hope this has been of some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

must say very good idea, cant jusitify forking out 50 alone for data and want to keep to one company.Dont o2 have any decent data plans?
    Had a look at the business works but too expensive..will never use up those minutes and push email is useless to me. I only use data for web-browsing and email on the move(basically when i get bored and having a o2 xda mini s means i dont have access to live so have to browse the web to look for information).
    My background is that im only a student and not in business, so i usually have around 200 txts a month and id say i yap on the phone for 4hrs a month...so i would like a nice balance data/texts/calls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'm on O2 in england, and I get 300 Texts and 75 minutes and 2 megs a month download for £19. Surely there's an O2 Ireland equivilent?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I'm on O2 but I'm a light user.

I get €5 call value & 1Mb of data for €15/mth. I think it's an old tariff I'm on so I'm not sure if it's available now. There were similar options for higher levels of data use and they were very competitive at the time I signed up.

But I'm very tempted to go for the Voda unlimited data offer if I can get it to work with a PDA using a bluetooth phone as a modem (i.e. using the SIM card without the need for a data card).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

BendiBus wrote:
    But I'm very tempted to go for the Voda unlimited data offer if I can get it to work with a PDA using a bluetooth phone as a modem (i.e. using the SIM card without the need for a data card).

I can confirm that this works.

• Advertisement
Advertisement