Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally a reasonably priced rear&forward facing Isofix seat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bimbofix is an unfortunate name though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

It is indeed lol. But when I was looking for one similar from renault I was quoted €520 plus vat and it wasn't half as sturdy looking as that one :eek: I was going to buy one only for when I ordered it they then told me they couldn't get them anymore :mad: I count myself and my mini-me lucky! :D

That one has high euro ncap rating, so it must be pretty good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

That webpage doesn't make any reference to forward facing. Are you sure this seat does both forward & rearward facing?

As far as I can make out there are 2 separate platforms, one for forward and one for rear facing, but both for the same seat!

http://www.carbox.co.uk/acatalog/Forward_Facing_ISOFIX_Platform_for_Bimbofix.html

http://www.carbox.co.uk/acatalog/Rearward_Facing_ISOFIX_Platform_for_Bimbofix.html

It still works out pretty expensive, but if you add up the cost of the Britax rock a tot isofix(rear facing to approx 12mths) and the Duo plus Isofix(forward facing) it works out very expensive anyway. But with the bimbofix you get to keep the kid rear facing for alot longer.

It's all a matter of preference really ;)

Deb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

and Dads to be ;-)

• Advertisement

True sorry:o

Maebh from www.thenaturalbabyresourse.com posted back to me on another forum that she's going to be stocking these soon:D So at least parents will be able to try before they buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Thanks for that Deb!

I'm gonna be in the market for one soon. I'll seriously consider this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭valen

Any idea how you can tell if your car can take an ISOFIX seat ?

I've a 2001 Passat, and from digging around at the back of the seats, I can't find anything obviously ISOFIXy. Does this mean I need some sort of base-ties ?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I have a 2000 VW Bora and it is ISOFIX equipped. I bought a genuine VW baby seat. But I do remember that 'extra parts' were required when fitting the seat to a Passat as the ISOFIX anchor points are located further back than on the Bora/Golf.

Fold down the rear seat and have a look - it may be easier to see than with the seat up. If you do not have ISOFIX fitted then I think you're stuck with the standard seatbelt setup - afaik it's not possible to retrofit ISOFIX.

Maybe you could post this question in the motors forum - I'm sure some Passat owner there will be able to verify whether or not their car has it and where the anchors are located.

I did a quick search and came up with this link. So it looks like the anchor points should be present.

Hi Valen, here's some info on Isofix :

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/child_safety/safety_standards.html

According to the Britax website Isofix was an optional extra in the Passat from 1998 on but only standard from 2006.

http://www.britax.co.uk/cms_downloads/Britax_Duo_Plus_ISOFIX_List.pdf

If you feel down between the seat and the backrest you should be able to feel two metal 'loops' on the either side of two of the rear outer seats if it's there(see crappy diagram in the first link lol).

Hth,

Deb

• Advertisement
Advertisement