Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exactly how S***T is Smackdown Thesedays

• 24-09-2006 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

i seen that eddie tribute video 2day and while watching wondered how crap is smackdown , lets look aback exactly one year ago , we had eddie,bastista,jbl,angle,, great tag team mnm, most of the talent is gone, i'm headin 2 point in november for smackdown soo maybe thats why i'm so bitter, i was positive that cena would be goin but now that hope is gone,,,,,, will there be ane roster changes , drafts , oh ya and rey gettin surgery and leaving doesn't either

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Smackdown's a mess alright but they've had to deal with the ECW brand acquiring a lot of their talent.

Benoit's absence hasn't helped either. I think Batista has underperformed since returning as well as the original plan was supposedly to put the title back on him. In fairness to him he has got ring rust to deal with.

I'd like to see a Benoit/King Booker feud for the title. It could make Smackdown a real focus for wrestling as Benoit could have great matches also with Booker's knights, Regal and Finlay. I think that could boost the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 rick flair

Woooooooooooo ! Never had time for Benoit he is a little freak big torso with dainty legs. Raw is no doubt the best at present and the introduction of some of the ECW names has helped along with their uptake of some hardcore Mick Foley esq drama, but smackdown sucks.

Too sad Trish has quit , i loooooooved Trish.

This is the nature boy signing off ! Woooooooooo !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

This is the thing though ... smackdown is very enjoyable and, at least, gives a decent amount of time to some actual WRESTLING, unlike raw. The problem with the wrestlers on smackdown isn't that they're not very good, and it's that some people don't watch smackdown because of the lack of recognisable names, so they don't get a chance to familiarise themselves with the new people coming up.

(if that makes sense).

Smackdown has had a problem in that as soon as it gets a nice run going, a load of wrestlers seem to get injured or suspended, or moved, so there has been a bit too much change.

But right now there's a nice feud going on for the tag titles between three teams, some nice feuds between hardy and helms, finlay and batista, and booker and lashley.

The actual wrestling on the show is of a higher standard to the usual seen on Raw. The commentary from Cole and JBL is very entertaining.

So to answer your question, smackdown is actually not **** at all these days, but of course you wont' realise that until you actuall start watching it and become familiar to the names on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think that is it exactly, SD isnt actually all that bad at the moment, it just lacks name power at present.

That being said, Im not bothered If i see SD or miss it these days.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I dont mind if i miss raw anymore either.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

Wouldn't care less if Smackdown closed down. It's completely missable. If you've seen one show you seen two months worth of Smackdown. Same goes for ECW. Every week we see the same match ups for months on end without anything developing.

It's worse that Lost for cryin' out loud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

joe_elway wrote:
    Wouldn't care less if Smackdown closed down. It's completely missable. If you've seen one show you seen two months worth of Smackdown. Same goes for ECW. Every week we see the same match ups for months on end without anything developing.

I don't think that's paritcularily true though, at least it's no worse than raw. How's this as a quick summary of recent raws, Vince and Shane try to screw with DX, however DX ends up screwing the McMahon's, and being oh so cheeky. That takes up the majority of the show, then we have a few minutes devoted to the edge v cena feud, during which Lawlor hilariously crys out for lita's puppies, then carlito comes on and says "that's not cool" to randy orton, if shelton benjamin appears, he's beaten. And Ric Flair might bleed a bit. (all of this happens in the few minutes to spare when dx or the mcmahons aren't on camera)

If you don't watch smackdown and are going to the shows in november, you'll probably have an okay time. However, you'll find you will probably enjoy the show a whole lot more if you familiarise yourself with the people on the show and the current storylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

this Friday
    Cena will be on Smackdown!

what they need is another big name or 2 to be on Smackdown! permanently

Advertisement