Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Net 1 troubles

• 24-09-2006 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Being from a rural part of dundalk, my family are not able to get any broadband other than net 1[our neibours,who live up the road a bit, have broadband from them so we know we can properly get it] and satilite is out of qestion[im 18,and the only internet user in house,and cant afford satilate,as my parents will not pay for broadand/internet, so i have to,and i only get around 200 euros a week]
    i rang net 1 for a line test[i said we could properly get them but to be sure] and gave my address when asked.then said as soon as possible they would be out.this was in july[first week].i have rang them every week since then and they tell me the same old crap[we will pass your query on to the tech,will be out within a week or as soon as possible,bla bla bla] and they still ahve not come.

has anyone else had this problem?my neibbours also had it,but net 1 where out for a line test for them in 5 weeks,and back to install 2 weeks later].
    is there anythign else i can do apart from ringing as much as possible?like file a complaint somewhere?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

This is not an uncommon complaint unfortunately. There have been several threads on here complaining about their customer service - the actual product seems to be good - friends of mine have it in Louth - but the customer service seems to be pretty dire. Is Digiweb wireless available to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

God, the memories! I have it and it took them ages to come out and install it. I had to ring loads of times and they wouldnt answer the fone half the time, they fob you off bigtime. The way they tell you installation usually takes place after a month or so but really takes 3 or more really pissed me off and i told them so on the fone. My friend has it aswell over the road and had the same trouble of actually getting them out. they were fairly prompt at doing my line test if i remember rightly, it just took literally 3months or something for them to come and install it.

However, i reccommend them no bother, its crap waiting, but it works class once its installed. Ive only had 2 evenings of no service in the 5months i have it and 1 of them evenings i think was down to my own retardedness where i had set up my router wrong. Keep at them get 1 of the engineers mobile numbers if you can and ring him direct.

I think the problem is that they`re genuinely flat out, they only do 2 a day or something, they told me something like that anyway. They had a forum on they`re site when i was signing up but that seems to be gone now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

in fairness to them it does work as advertised and they are flat out (still)

there are carriers who have lots of sales people and a crap product , net1 has no sales people and a good product . Which would you prefer :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I live in the same area and have been trying to get broadband for past 2 years. Ive tried them all. Digiweb,Eircom,BT,Clearwire,IBB you name it !!!

I have a collegue who is with them and says that once they do come out the service is great and she was going to have her phone through it aswell. I have called a few times and was told installation was €199 then €45 a month subject to signal test. Im trying to get Eircom to upgrade my line from being on a carrier to ISDN then once that is done you can normally get Broadband as long as you are in range of a enabled exchange.

I just done alot of research and asking a few questions , Spongebob has been a great help also .

My neighbours had ISDN last year but now ceased it. They got taken off the carrier ( shared line ) and by default they are now testing fine for broadband.
    I dont know if thats an avenue you could take if you live near a broadband exchange. If you want to send me a private message with your townland location I might be able advise you more.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sponge Bob wrote:
    in fairness to them it does work as advertised and they are flat out (still)

there are carriers who have lots of sales people and a crap product , net1 has no sales people and a good product . Which would you prefer :p

No matter how flat out they are there is no excuse for poor communications with customers. Customers appreciate honesty not 'lies' and this has been pointed out to Net 1 reps on boards here several times.

Unfortunately they have a 'poor us' attitude - ''look at all the work we have on hands!!!'' and will not take any criticism on board of lousy customer service. If people know they have to wait x period they will generally put up with it so long as there is something at the end of the wait but useless promises do not do anyone any favours business or customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

In fairness they are a newish small operation who have brought BB to many people who had no other hope of getting it . You dont see Digiweb or Clearwire who have much more money and resourses upgrading their masts in Louth to offer their services to rural Irish towns . They have 10 different companies in one town offering the same thing when other towns have nothing !!! So I would not be too hard on them !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 playwert

anyone have linky? my friend[who lvies beside me]and is also trryin to get net 1 for line test with no sucess has rung clearwire lateyl and they say they will have it in my area within a short few months.[i tang clearwire about 6 months ago and they told me no chance]

can i have a link to their website?

also,anyone know how i whould go about gaining a net 1 techs number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Dellas wrote:
    Im trying to get Eircom to upgrade my line from being on a carrier to ISDN then once that is done you can normally get Broadband as long as you are in range of a enabled exchange.
    You're in the exact same position I was in a while back.

I firstly tried calling Net1 a zillion times. Nada. IMHO if a company can't even be bothered selling you something, then their support will be an even worse experience.

I opted for the ISDN route as I was on a carrier line and could only get about 12.5k on a dial-up.

I was told by the Eircon telesales bod that there wouldn't be any problem getting ISDN.

The Eircom technie turns up, sends a few minutes installing the box, then goes 'oh, you're on a carrier line, you shouldn't be able to get ISDN'. I point to the box he's just drilled into my hallway wall and de pops down to the local exchange and unbundles my line from the set.

A month later I switch to broadband. All's well.

To anyone on a carrier line scheme on a BB enabled-exchange, I would point out an interview given by the MD of Eircom to Pat Kenny on the radio earlier this year. Someone rang-in about being on a carrier-line and what could they do about it. The MD (can't remember his name) said that they'd always consider certain individual cases - although getting to talk to real human being who doesn't follow the Eircom sales script would be a bit of an effort in my experience - still it may give you a bit of leverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 playwert

so0ne one know where to get a techs number for net 1?

Advertisement