Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

To tall for Accord

Options
  • 24-09-2006 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Got a 2003 Accord Exec from Scotland a few months back, fantastic car but one flaw - the seat doesn't go back quite far enough - I'm 6 foot 2 inches tall. The driver's seat is electrically adjustable and all I'd need would be for it to go back a couple of inches more. I got the works manual on CD on Ebay but it didn't shed any light on it. Does anyone know if it'd be possible to adjust it in some way?

Failing that I think it might help if I could convert the organ accelerator pedal to a normal one - is this possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

digitaldr wrote:
    Got a 2003 Accord Exec from Scotland a few months back, fantastic car but one flaw - the seat doesn't go back quite far enough - I'm 6 foot 2 inches tall. The driver's seat is electrically adjustable and all I'd need would be for it to go back a couple of inches more. I got the works manual on CD on Ebay but it didn't shed any light on it. Does anyone know if it'd be possible to adjust it in some way?

Definately it is possible. It might require some boring of holes, and perhaps some welding. A person with a certain amount of skill in fabricating would do the job quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Hmmm... I too am 6'2" but I found the Accord fine. Has the pleasure of driving it from Dublin to Cork and then Belfast in one weekend without comfort problems.

Not being smart but are you sure your driving position is correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

jayok wrote:
    Not being smart but are you sure your driving position is correct?

I've tried every concieveable position - lots of adjustments possible including steering wheel- but to no avail. Have previously had an A3, Mondeo and 626 and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Am 6'5" and have fitted in everything down to a micra, including an Accord. Keep trying. It must be doable, all cars are suitable for 99% of the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

6'5" here, too. Had a '95 Accord Coupe, and no problems (manual seats, though). Had a '95 Civic Coupe before that, which actually had a bit more space for the driver (no centre console on the Civic to bash your knees against!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement