Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Twin-Towns 'TESCO SUPERSTORE' fiasco ?.

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

muffler wrote: »
    Yeah that was the Tesco application which was indeed withdrawn

The poster above is referring to the Lidl application on Dunnion's garage site.
    Oh aye, I know that. Sorry, I was just re-looking at your link was all.

For me, being in Donegal town, it would've been better for Twin Towns to have a Tesco - good reason not to bypass them to Letterkenny.

Admittedly, that said, I seldom shop in Letterkenny at all anymore. Though I would travel to Ballybofey if they had Tesco, etc. (IMO, if Tesco opened, other chains might follow).

As an aside, isn't Dunnion's still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Id agree with you byte. The twin towns deserves to have a Tesco or Dunnes and Aldi or Lidl to compliment it. There would be a lot of people like your self who would travel through the gap as far as Ballybofey but would not be too interested in travelling further.

Dunnions is still open - pumps and car sales but if planning permission is granted for the new store then it's days are numbered.

On a general note it's hard to believe that its been almost 4 years since this thread was opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Muffler did you hear anything on this application yet? nothing up on the donegalcoco website so far.

Haven't heard anything and its not unusual for the website to be a couple or few days out of date.

Hopefully it will show something in the next couple of days.

• Advertisement

changes wrote: »
    Muffler did you hear anything on this application yet? nothing up on the donegalcoco website so far.
    From the online documents I see the council have looked for additional information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

muffler wrote: »
    From the online documents I see the council have looked for additional information.

I had a quick read of the additional info requests. They don't seem to object to it in principle then, if they can satisfy these conditions then things should be OK...... but you never really know with planners.

Advertisement