Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where did You sell your car??

Options
  • 25-09-2006 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

with so many places to sell cars and people advertising on alot of sites and paper publications I was wondering about what sucess people had with each ones and what ones worked best.

Though a poll and peoples experiences would be good.

Where did you finally sell? 22 votes

carzone
    0%
    buyandsell
    36%
    bkehoemichaelanthonyBig Nellyprospectkc66Henry Ford IIImetaforaDo-more 8 votes
    autotrader
    45%
    davegRedrocketkikelirlirishkevMickkjackofalltradesjayokalias no.9Topcat101colm_mcm 10 votes
    car buyers guide
    13%
    andoRewcomphreak 3 votes
    Free online - ie Adverts,driver,octane,manic-motorz, Micksgarage
    4%
    Kai 1 vote
    sticker on window
    0%
    other - please specify
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

buyandsell
    Yo mate,

Well when I had the old Primera and swapped it ended up selling it at the Car auctions in Cavan, got 500 quid for it which was agood deal for the buyer because the engine and body where perfect on the car

Sold a couple of cars for my girlfriend by sticking them on the main st in Clonee on a Sat and Sun, most if every took was 2 weeks. Last car I was selling was GF as well. 00 Audi A3, stuck it up on carzone and sold it within a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You should have a traded-it-in option in the poll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i sold mine on carzone.it did take awhile but i got good money for it privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

autotrader
    I've sold 2 cars privately, both through the buy and sell, one took months, I kind of had it advertised on and off, the other took less than two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Past two years:
    1 through CBG (took longest [c. 1 month], but least desirable car)
    1 through Boards - now adverts.ie (<2 weeks)
    1 to a mate - instant!

Going to sell my current car after Xmas and will put it in buy & sell, CBG & adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

car buyers guide
    1 through Carzone and 1 through Autotrader. It was on Car zoner for ages and a week in Autotrader it was sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Never bothered before to be honest as my cars usually are still worth a few quid which makes it harder to sell them to a private buyer imo. Not alot of buyers willing to send €15k or €20k on a car with no warranty or comeback. I know I wouldn't.

Plus there are alot of time wasters and con artists out there. Maybe a bit paranoid but I'm not gone on the idea of letting complete strangers come to my home.

May have to this time with my current motor as dealers tend not to be interested in having cars with 100k+ miles on the clock on their forecourts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Other - Sold it through word of mouth. First person who saw it bought it.

had it advertised on all the free ad places :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

autotrader
    Had my Civic Coupe on Adverts for a while. Had a few offers, but nothing close to what I was looking for.

Sold it for full wack on Buy and Sell.. Didn't even get bargained down.

Advertisement