Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who holed winning putt?

• 25-09-2006 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Here's a pickle!

At 13 matches won yesterday, Clarke was dormie 3up so was guaranteed a half point, meaning that when Donald holed his putt wwe were guaranteed 14.5 points.

So, do you think Donald should go down in history as the guy whop holed winning putt?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

You have a good one there......I'm not going to debate that one with you.

Well ok... i know its unlikely but supposing,someone dormie three was found to have more than 14 clubs in the bag would they lose the match ????

On that basis.... Donald holed the putt to retain and Stenson holed the putt to win.... Improbable I know... I'd give it to Darren FTW:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

you only have the points when they're chalked up on the board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Donald holed the putt to retain and Stenson holed the putt to win.... Improbable I know

Thats exactly what did happen. Doesnt matter that Darren was guranteed the half point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Mushy wrote:
    Thats exactly what did happen. Doesnt matter that Darren was guranteed the half point

But should it be taken into consideration in the future??

Matches that are dormie be credited as a half to both until a winner emerges??

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

slumped wrote:
    But should it be taken into consideration in the future??

Matches that are dormie be credited as a half to both until a winner emerges??

S
    generally speaking it should be, but i think they don't count them as halves yet because of the fact that they could still swing either way i.e. a half or a full point. it might be a bit confusing for some watching the scoreboard, also it might have something to do with that agreement to play out all holes in the matches ( i.e. for the rest to finish after stenson holed the putt), btw is that in the rules or was it a woosie/lehman agreement?

• Advertisement
Advertisement