Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell 8400 Graphic problems

• 25-09-2006 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭

I am having a few problems with installation of a new graphics card, on first install IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL came up.
    I rebooted and the display was weird with blocky blue chunks through the initial boot screens
    I removed the new card and refitted the old x300 radeon, after reboot the mouse won't work and the sound won't work either.
    I am at a loss to know what to do next as it is very hard to navigate without a mouse.
    I would be grateful for any advice.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Has the graphics card drivers been uninstalled? Try rolling back to before you installed the graphics card if you use System Restore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I didn't even have time to install the new drivers before the machine spat the dummy.
    But now the old card won't work either, strange.
    I will have to try and get the mouse working before I do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Try bringing it up in safe mode(F8), set res to VGA and delete all graphic cards.

Advertisement