Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pride of Your Collection

Options
  • 25-09-2006 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Did you have a transformer toy that no one else seemed to have and that was hard to come by?

I always wanted Shockwave, but he seemed to be next to impossible to get over here. Megatron wasn't easy to come by either.

But the one I had that no one else seemed to have was Six Shot

He could change into 6 different things... although none of them really looked all that good... but no one else I knew had him and that was good enough for me.

(By the way, I've already asked for image tags to be enabled for the forum)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I had Scorponok.....one of the biggest transformers ever. My brother won a Fortress maximus in a competition.

I'm under the impression there were very few of those around

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. Never seen Fortress Maximus around. I'm sure I seen Scorponok in the shops, but never knew anyone who had him.

I had Trypticon and Metroplex myslef. Trypticon was hard enough to come by, but he was much better than Metroplex who was actually a bit flimsy and not all that fun to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I had quite a few but even though he was crap my favourite was Outback:

robotmode.jpg
    vehiclemode.jpg

outback was pretty cool, his death in the comic was the stuff of legends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Had this until the great 'you don't need this' cleanup of the early 90's. My favourite and irreplacable... well, maybe some of the smaller parts as they were already lost ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

jaggeh wrote:
    had him too but I didn't like the way the legs didn't move when he was in the combined form. The guns on the shoulders were cool.

Rhyme wrote:
    Had this until the great 'you don't need this' cleanup of the early 90's. My favourite and irreplacable... well, maybe some of the smaller parts as they were already lost ;_;

Still got her. Great toy. I picked another one up in NY a few years back, well actually my brother got it for me as he had robbed my original (TF toys are precious to us) but it's got to be the best prime there was.

They rereleased all the originals a few years back over there, haven't seen them over here anywhere. I should have got Jazz when I had the chance. :(

Oh yes... I just remembered I had this guy:

OmegatronMIB1a.jpg

He was called Omegatron and was the Omega Supreme toy before he was adapted for use in the Transformers toy line. Lots of transformers were originally from other product lines, such as the Dinobots and the Insecticons.

(Image tags seem to be on now... thanks admins!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Still have the ones mentioned so far :) The pride of my collection would have to be Reflector and the 20th Anniversary Edition of Optimus Prime :)

• Advertisement

Another odd one I had was a Coca Cola Transformer that I got for having my birthday party at Burger King one year.

cherry%20coke2.jpg

The transformation was actually fairly well designed. Mine was the regular coke version, all I could find online was the cherry coke one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Another odd one I had was a Coca Cola Transformer that I got for having my birthday party at Burger King one year.

cherry%20coke2.jpg

The transformation was actually fairly well designed. Mine was the regular coke version, all I could find online was the cherry coke one.

i had the regular coke version too. it was actually kind of cool. i always pinned him as being the loser of the bunch :D

i also had a shuttle (as in, space shuttle) transformer who's name i don't recall, or never knew. no one had it, but importantly, it wasn't plastic - it was made of metal...

EDIT: skylynx might be it... my mind is starting to remember things it really shouldn't :D

Well there other Shuttles would be Astrotrain the tripple changer and Blast Off the Combaticon.

I think Astrotrain was an early Transformer and as such had actual metal bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Well there other Shuttles would be Astrotrain the tripple changer and Blast Off the Combaticon.

I think Astrotrain was an early Transformer and as such had actual metal bits.

google images tells me it was, indeed, astrotrain. though i remember it being entirely metal (apart from wheels and such)...

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Had a bunch of proper G1 collected, but the biggest let-down was having Overlord stolen from me three weeks after I bought it.
    http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/jg1_overlord.php

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

man i could go on about half my collection!

if were talking rare i recently bought the japanese reissue box set of predaking, the things half metal and bloody enourmous compared to guys like defensor. its the most i ever spent on something trivial but i dont care and the guys adorning my computer desk infront of me right now :D

i seemed to have fairly good luck in terms of finding rare TFs even though i wasnt actually setting out to do it, i just bought the ones i thought were cool. there used to be a place on henry street just before where the jervis centre is whos name i cant remembe now, i think it was a toymaster and the name "paddy" someting is floating about in my head that was really good for em. i managed to get the autobot and decepticons clones there (fastlane, cloudraker, wingspan and pounce) and quickswitch the autobot sixchanger. and they were great for the re releases , got an original megatron there too.

got devastator which was my pride and joy till predaking came along and i had a big soft spot for the cities. i remember that competetion,a colouring one, for fortress maximus, they were through the toymaster stores and i remember drooling over the one in the store in the rathfarnham shopping center on the 2nd floor but had no luck wining one. so i got scorponok instead. in fairness i was meant to get metroplex through argos in england but when my dad went over theyd changed the catalogue so he got me scorponk on a whim. i nearly passed out when he gave him to me almost apologising it wasnt the one i aked for :)

the only other rare ones i can think of i have is overlord. man he was cool, a combining city that changed into a tank and a verycool looking jet and thunderclash. apparently hes meant to be that lines version of prime in something called machines wars all i know is he was a damn cool truck:D

in terms of the ones that most of us could get i loved my jazz toy. he was my favorite in the series and of course the dinobots. hell how could you not like grimlock and co but for some reason ir really like piranahcon, a targetmaster combiner. he just looks too cool and the bios of the team is one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

man i could go on about half my collection!

if were talking rare i recently bought the japanese reissue box set of predaking, the things half metal and bloody enourmous compared to guys like defensor. its the most i ever spent on something trivial but i dont care and the guys adorning my computer desk infront of me right now :D

i seemed to have fairly good luck in terms of finding rare TFs even though i wasnt actually setting out to do it, i just bought the ones i thought were cool. there used to be a place on henry street just before where the jervis centre is whos name i cant remembe now, i think it was a toymaster and the name "paddy" someting is floating about in my head that was really good for em. i managed to get the autobot and decepticons clones there (fastlane, cloudraker, wingspan and pounce) and quickswitch the autobot sixchanger. and they were great for the re releases , got an original megatron there too.

got devastator which was my pride and joy till predaking came along and i had a big soft spot for the cities. i remember that competetion,a colouring one, for fortress maximus, they were through the toymaster stores and i remember drooling over the one in the store in the rathfarnham shopping center on the 2nd floor but had no luck wining one. so i got scorponok instead. in fairness i was meant to get metroplex through argos in england but when my dad went over theyd changed the catalogue so he got me scorponk on a whim. i nearly passed out when he gave him to me almost apologising it wasnt the one i aked for :)

the only other rare ones i can think of i have is overlord. man he was cool, a combining city that changed into a tank and a verycool looking jet and thunderclash. apparently hes meant to be that lines version of prime in something called machines wars all i know is he was a damn cool truck:D

in terms of the ones that most of us could get i loved my jazz toy. he was my favorite in the series and of course the dinobots. hell how could you not like grimlock and co but for some reason ir really like piranahcon, a targetmaster combiner. he just looks too cool and the bios of the team is one of the best.

My brother won the colouring compo in Toymaster Bray (ER Harris...now an offlicence unfortunately) that's how he got the fortress maximus iirc

xanthor wrote:
    ...and that toy shop was Paddy Barrets.
    Yep. I bought many a transformer there myself too. There was another Bamba/Toymaster further up on Talbot street that had a good selection too.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

constitutionus, would you ever consider selling overlord?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I remember Paddy Barret's! Just the name though. I was wonderring what toy shop I used to go to in double. Anyway, sorry to be a bit predictable, but the Pride and Joy of my TF Collection(especially since most of my old G1/G2 toys broke) really is Masterpiece Prime:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Back in the day I always wanted G1 Hotrod, Cyclonus, Scourge and Galvatron, I managed to get Cyclonus and Scourge off Ebay in perfect nick, never bothered chasing Galvatron and Hotrod, hopefully they'll give Galvy a new look in the classics line as they did with Roddy.

Atm the Prime of my collection has to be Masterpiece prime, a great piece of engineering.

I had both Cyclonus and Scourge back in the day... I think my Scourge was actually a Targetmaster though... he could be a bit tough to transform.. Locking his legs into place in plane mode was a very tight fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Boru.

Oh my god I didn't know we had a transformers forum!!!:D :D:D This is sweet!!

Now that#s out of the way - I had Prime, Scorpinok, Metroplex, Bumblebee, Astrotrain, Wheelie, Wrekgar, Double Dealer, and about 30 other minor ones...and the best thing is I STILL HAVE THEM!!! :D:D:D

And I have the day off work today so I'll get em out and take a couple of group photos and throw them up here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Between my brothers and I, we had a fair few TFs. Jazz, Starscream ....

But my favourite was JetFire / SkyFire

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=453&size=0&start=0

Legend

I dont have any of my transformers anymore :(

But my faves were Blaster, Bruticus, defensor, Jetfire, Tripticon, Snapdragon and powermaster optimus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

I guess the jewels of y collection would be my fort max ,my vintage predaking an my raiden and liokaiser box sets oh and a complete monstructor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Yep. I bought many a transformer there myself too. There was another Bamba/Toymaster further up on Talbot street that had a good selection too.

paddy barretts! man it was a tiny shop but was a cornucopia of TFs delights. seem to remember em flogging some robotech stuff there as well and i didnt think that stuff hit ireland at all! amazing selection for such a small shop.

and monkeyfudge i remember fondly the shop up on talbot street. got me a snapdragon, needlenose ,spinster and horibull there along with a character i never thought would amount to anything but just looked cool, bludgeon.:D

oh and to the_g_man, no way man. overlords currently housing a load of actionmasters locked in perpetual battle with a micromaster populated countdown:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

Rozie wrote:
    I remember Paddy Barret's! Just the name though. I was wonderring what toy shop I used to go to in double. Anyway, sorry to be a bit predictable, but the Pride and Joy of my TF Collection(especially since most of my old G1/G2 toys broke) really is Masterpiece Prime:

where did you get the masterpiece prime?, is it worth the cash? I know they're a bit on the pricey side......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

My fave has to be Grimlock,i mean come on,it doesn't get any cooler than Grimlock :D I still have all mine too,Overlord,Quickswitch,Powermaster prime,Snarl,Dreadwing to name a few.So many good times.All currently locked in never-ending pitched battle with my G.I.Joe and TMNT forces

• Advertisement

and monkeyfudge i remember fondly the shop up on talbot street. got me a snapdragon, needlenose ,spinster and horibull there along with a character i never thought would amount to anything but just looked cool, bludgeon.:D
    I think I got Mindwipe there... he was the Decepticon Headmaster who turned into a giant bat.

Advertisement