Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Instructors moving from RAC Driving School

Options
  • 25-09-2006 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭

I am thinking about getting my head out of my arse and finally learning to drive. My brother, after going through a string of terrible driving instructors, came across the RAC school of motoring and highly recommended them.

Unfortunately they closed down their Irish office last week. I was talking to the girl on the phone a few weeks ago and she said that most of the instructors are forming their own school, but she didn't have a number and I forgot to ring back.

Does anyone know the name of the school the driving instructors from the RAC are setting up?

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I don't think they are collectively starting a school. Perhaps individually setting up a few schools.

My instructor was excellent and would have done really well on his own but as soon as he got a sniff they were closing he got cold feet and left. He got a secure job as a truck driver and is soing a few students in the evening.

Pity because he would have done really well on his own. I think Tony Allen was the name of the instructor he recommended. perhaps you could get his number off the RAC School if you ring them. The school have no problem giving out this info because theyare closing anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

Wicknight wrote:
    Does anyone know the name of the school the driving instructors from the RAC are setting up?

Cheers guys

I was told that 'a few' of the old RAC instructors are setting up as BAC driving school and going to be based in Tallaght. But there are other good schools around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

Hi,

Saw one of the old RAC instructors yesterday.

Driving a blue car definitely with BAC as the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 eamon1

Wicknight wrote:
    I am thinking about getting my head out of my arse and finally learning to drive. My brother, after going through a string of terrible driving instructors, came across the RAC school of motoring and highly recommended them.

Unfortunately they closed down their Irish office last week. I was talking to the girl on the phone a few weeks ago and she said that most of the instructors are forming their own school, but she didn't have a number and I forgot to ring back.

Cheers guys

If you had his name you could look him up. Make sure your instructor is qualified i had a few cowboys before i got a good one in rathgar. www.drivingtestinstructor.com are registerd qualified and advanced

Advertisement