Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee table & entertainment unit

Options
  • 25-09-2006 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I've been on the lookout for a coffee table and entertainment unit (to take sky box, dvd player, amp - tv will be wall mounted) for the last while and it is seriously hard to find decent ones. I have lost count of the number of furniture places I have been in.

I'm looking for something in a light wood (oak preferably) and the entertainment unit is for the middle of a wall rather than in the corner.

Does anyone have any suggestions for places I could go in the Dublin/Kildare areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Post this in the Hosted/Recreation/Woodcraft section and you might find somebody interested in making them for you..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

TKK, We bought a unit last week from EZ Living, it is about 6 foot long by 2 foot deep by 3 foot high.
    We spend ages looking for something like this as we have a corner fireplace and want the TV unit as the centre piece.
    It has 2 doors on either side of 6 shelves which is exactly what we were looking for so it now holds, DVD player/video/sat box/sky box/playstation and a free shelve.
    I think it cost in or around 600 euro. It is made of oak as far I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Hi if you would like I can make you a custom unit and table to your design and in any timber of your choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

Yop - Is there any chance you could get me a picture as it sounds good. We have the same situation re. the fireplace.

Galwaydude18 - I may very well be interested in this. I'm not so sure on design though as I haven't really thought about it from a custom point of view. I'll have a think about it. Do you have any sample pictures/references for stuff you have made previously?

Ya i would have pics of stuff I have made previously. PM me your email addy and I'l send them onto you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

Damn - double post - with delay?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Lads, I will get ye a pic, GalwayDude sure you maybe able to throw something similar together for the lad.

We also wanted a coffee table of a certain (wife requirements ;) ) type so this is why I did not take GalwayDude up on his offer.

Yop what are you on about? You never asked me anything about a coffee table?! Ya I would have no problem making something similar for TKK at all..

Advertisement