Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

longest time sleeping?

Options
  • 25-09-2006 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah.

Didnt sleep at all on saturday till early sunday afternoon, due to filmwork and other things (why is it my scripts call for sunrise and early morning walks?). Anyway got to bed about 3pm...expcted to sleep till at most 3am and slowly ween myself back to a 8am-12am sleep scheduale.

sadly i missed the 3am wake up call, slept on till about 930-10am this morning.

thats just under 19 hours asleep!

which is the longest ever for me.

really wierd dreams involving detaching body parts, working as waiter, cricket bats and baseball bats and others (cant remember too clearly) my head feels real wonky right now.

So longest time asleep?

please note if certain circumstances affected it (Alcohol, illness.)

Before this, the longest asleep for me must have been about 14-15 hours when I had the Flu/tonelitus.

this one is just wierd cause I wasnt ill (I think?)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Rarely get 6 or 7. Longest? Maybe 12 and that was a long time ago.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Longest recently that I remember was when I came home from hols to New York. Arrived home on a Tuesday morning, had slept about 30 mins tops on the flight, fell asleep in front of tv about 9.30 that evening, woke up at 10.30 & went straight to bed, asleep by 11 & woke up at 12.30 next day :o

So about 14.5 hours! Of course couldn't sleep much the next night, about 3 hrs & then back to work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I got 17 hours in when i came back from skiing in 5th year. we were out every night and up at about 7:30 every morning.
    got home at about 5pm and was asleep by about 7, my dad woke me up at 12 the next day for food, so maybe i could have slept a little longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

slept for almost almost 24 hours when I came back from a trip to Asia a few years ago. freaked the fcuk out of me to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

spent a week in Spain where I was up late every night drinking. Came back, went out for a night here in Dublin then the next day went to a concert where I was standing and jumping for about 9 hours straight.
    Came home and got about 14 hours sleep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

22 hours after my flight home from Sydney.

Can't sleep on planes and the flight was poxy. Went from Sydney to Tokyo to London to Dublin with no sleep and a 2 hour wait in both Tokyo and London.

Best sleep I've ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Not going to go into details(can't really remember them anyway!) but, I was knocked unconsious in an accident and slept for almost 3 days. It was the weirdest dream state because in the dream so many things happened and when I finally woke up, I didn't know what was dream and what was real life. Other than that I've slept about 20 hours, had been doing alot of flying with little or no stops between. Tend to sleep alot when I'm sick but however's in the house with me wakes me up every now and then to check on me. So I never sleep for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Bout twenty hours. I do that kind of stuff all the time. I'll stay up for a full night or two and then crash for a whole day. Great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

never more than 12 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I have slept for about 20 hours once and like a few others it was after flying, (New York also like miamee)

Story is, I flew out of New York Sunday evening,

Awake from Saturday Morning until Monday Evening (Irish Time) Spent all day Saturday shopping stocking up on pressies etc. hit up some of the best clubs in the city Saturday night, party with floozy Irish J1'ers and native New Yorkers, get home to apartment at about 7.00am grab a shower, pack up seven bursting suitcases, trek out to Jersey to collect forgotten passport, get to JFK after nice big expensive dinner, check in with Aer Lingus for flight to Dublin, flight delayed by 5 hours, get on-board premium seat, can't sleep too over tired, and hungover from Sat Night.

Arrive in Dublin on Monday afternoon having missed the connection to Shannon, trek across town to Heuston, wait two hours for the next train, 4 hours train trip to Killarney after another 2 or 3 hrs get into bed after about 60hrs awake (slightly dazed) Awake Tuesday eve totally b*stardised, a week later I returned to proper form. Best Holiday/Investigative Business Trip ever, NY 05 bliss.

Man that sleep was good.

Anybody else got any interesting sleep deprivation stories. They was my diary entries, I don't keep a dairy normally only when I am travelling, I use it to look back on the good and not so good times I have while travelling away from home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No more than 5 or 6 hours sleep, lucky gits the lot of ye. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

netwhizkid wrote:
    They was my diary entries, I don't keep a dairy normally only when I am travelling, I use it to look back on the good and not so good times I have while travelling away from home.

I do same, last year on J1 on east coast, have an entry for each day, thought it be good to look back although never have read it since as of yet.

As for sleep, I think it's something like 16 hours when I sick as a child, at the moment I am going through some odd sleep patterns so hey may break that mark soom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Well a couple of days but that was after an operation and chemical enduced :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

15hrs for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Ruu wrote:
    No more than 5 or 6 hours sleep, lucky gits the lot of ye. :(
    Same for me. Five to six hours a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I slept for 28 hrs after a flight back from LA.
    I dont sleep well on planes.

I usually sleep 6 hrs a night anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Angeles

36 hours slept once when i was 16.
    Stupidly drank half a litre of vodka when i was that age, made it home some time in the morning, my mother put me to bed after cleaning my face up of blood (i had fallen into a few walls and trees it think) woke up nearly 2 days later, around the 1am mark not knowing who or what or where!!
    (for note i've never drank the stuff since)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

2 days, yeah...
    Never got near that again obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

I seem to sleep 12 hours a night regularly now, like last night I went to bed at 3am and got up today at 3pm. I woke up at about 12pm but was so tired, had to sleep some more. I think my problem is I need too much sleep to function, but I do, any more than 10 hours and I'm really tired. But I keep missing college and the entire day because of it! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement