Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixed relationships

• 25-09-2006 12:15pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

At the request of the OP the original thread has been disappeared. He is concerned that some parties involved might come across his request for help/advice (which I agree would not be good).

Just wanted to say we wouldn't normally delete threads, especially ones that have proved useful but we are hopeful that the contributors to the thread will understand. The OP really appreciates the advice offered.

PM me or Asiaprod if you feel oppressed. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

PM me or Asiaprod if you feel oppressed. :)
    Lightning stick at the ready:)
    Very understandable. I would just like to thank all who contributed. I actually got to pass on some of the advise on that thread to someone who was in need of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Asiaprod wrote:
    Lightning stick at the ready:)
    Go on then, ban me.

If you post in a public forum to take advantage of the fact that a number of people will see (and respond to) your question then you should accept the fact that it was posted in a public place and that there will be a record.

As a compromise could the thread be reconstructed with the disclaimer :
    - "Some names have been changed to protect the Innocent"

Heck you could always give the OP a fake Swedish accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Pity, that was quite an interesting thread. I fully understand the original poster's reasons though so I approve this instance of immoral dictatorship :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 shay7

It’s nice to see that the mods can be flexible in this respect when it comes to the genuine concerns of a user.

Advertisement