Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official UCD boards meetup!! 5th October

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Grimes wrote:
    will any of you kids be up for going to the porterhouse afterwards. Say around 10? Becuase the forumbar closes at 11:30 anyway

Thats the plan definatly!If people want to meet in town they can meet in the porterhouse and if people want to meet in UCD they can meet in the forum. That way its handier for everyone and more people will probably come! Watch out Dublin here we come.....!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Will definitely be that at either the forum bar or Porterhouse,more than likely both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

fish-head wrote:
    There's a JazzSoc meet going on that evening aswell, but it's later on.

Ditto. Might pop in for a bit though. Especially if it's raining, as I won't have to carry any gear in then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

are people talking about tomorrow the 28th or thursday week the 5th, it think this is ment to be on on the 5th...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Oops, well spotted Hum :p

• Advertisement

humbert wrote:
    are people talking about tomorrow the 28th or thursday week the 5th, it think this is ment to be on on the 5th...

Its next week so people will have more time to see it and hopefully come along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

oh crumbs, i thought it was tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    oh crumbs, i thought it was tomorrow.
    same:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Go to the JazzSoc/DutchSoc/OtherRandomSoc knacker drinkathon tomorrow anyways. I think DutchSoc are starting @ 5pm whereas the last I heard was that JazzSoc were starting @ 8:30pm... :confused:
    Ah well, I intend getting parapeligic either way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Jazz Dutch and Juggling. Bit of a carnival. We're moving from the lake to a diff location around 8 as you cant drink cans on campus...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Okay as Panda has explained this is the situation. Biting my tounge as much as possible its worked out that the two beers will be falling on the same night . Thats the 5th of october. Starting whenever in the forum bar but moving on to Porterhouse in temple bar (and thats the porterhouse, not the Turks Head) and some of us will be there from about 8pm onwards. Looking forward to more drunken templebar chinanigans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Grimes wrote:
    (and thats the porterhouse, not the Turks Head)

lol ouch!

Might make the Porterhouse depending on finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I can't go. Again. Seems I'll never meet anyone here!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Looking forward to it, im gonna be having a busy week by the looks of things. Anyone going to that postgrad reception thingy on monday in the o'reilly hall? There is a speech and some free wine, a winning combination.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

There's a wha'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

You mean you people drink beer??? You wouldn't catch me doing that...

Especially in the porterhouse... back bar... 215 place at said bar... no... not me... on that night... 5th... is that a thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I can only make a flying visit now due to my hockey coach status + the I have my own training afterwards status, Might head 2 porterhouse afterwards

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Looking forward to it, im gonna be having a busy week by the looks of things. Anyone going to that postgrad reception thingy on monday in the o'reilly hall? There is a speech and some free wine, a winning combination.:p
    Well Im up for the free wine,dunno bout the speech,There usually boring specially a postgrad one.
    Looking forward to this thursday,a few of my mates tagging along who I havent yet informed that Im metting people from the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

panda100 wrote:
    Well Im up for the free wine,dunno bout the speech,There usually boring specially a postgrad one.
    Looking forward to this thursday,a few of my mates tagging along who I havent yet informed that Im metting people from the internet.

don't tell them you're meeting people from the internet, you'll make it sound like something from Weird Science! I wouldn't even mention that we're people you know from the internet.

humbert wrote:
    don't tell them you're meeting people from the internet, you'll make it sound like something from Weird Science! I wouldn't even mention that we're people you know from the internet.

Well they will be suspicious that I suddenly know all these people fromm lots of different years and facultys?Unless I make up some sort of society (remeber humanitarian soc) and tell the your from that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

pick a few people that you know and then say the rest are friends of friends? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

panda100 wrote:
    Well they will be suspicious that I suddenly know all these people fromm lots of different years and facultys?Unless I make up some sort of society (remeber humanitarian soc) and tell the your from that?
    H-Soc ftw! Oh god the memories:o ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

panda100 wrote:
    We are of the boards, a society of highly intelligent young men and women, that hope to replace the illumati as rulers of the world........they won't bat an eyelid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

We are of the boards, a society of highly intelligent young men and women, that hope to replace the illumati as rulers of the world...

i think thats the perception shes trying to ignore :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

panda100 wrote:

You could tell them that you know me from the SU... which, come to think of it, is the capacity in which I first met you! Having said that I might be more proud if you considered me an internet buddy instead! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I know far too many people from the net - my friends no longer bat an eyelid when I inform them I know someone from the net - I think you just need to train them in the way so the world.

Samos wrote:
    You could tell them that you know me from the SU... which, come to think of it, is the capacity in which I first met you! Having said that I might be more proud if you considered me an internet buddy instead! :p

That is my plan.They already think su people are crazy so they probably wont bat an eyelid when people are calling me panda.
    Humbert as usual was correct in saying that I wont be there till 7 but I shall be there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Dinxminx wrote:
    I can't go. Again. Seems I'll never meet anyone here!! :(
    Don't be so sure, JQ... ;)

Anyway, here's me throwing a token don't-be-scared-go-along-anyway-they're-great-fun to the newbies who might be a little bit scared at the concept. Really worth trotting along to, they're great craic. At my first beers I ended up shaving someone's head within a half hour... leave it at that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'm gonna agree with gav here, was a boards virgin up until three weeks ago and now i wonder why i hadn't done it before, it's nothing to be scared of the craziness really isn't contagious and the dubes will tell teh whole story I swear. My only regret is that I didn't get to go on the roadtrip to tesco. Bahhumbug!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

what a roadtrip it was too.
    Myself and scraggs slept the whole way :p

Advertisement