Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official UCD boards meetup!! 5th October

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Awww maaaannn!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna sleep in a car! I just had a really good conversation with the_minister and byrno, actually that was a good convo, even if i don't remember it because i was too drunk and tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Ill probally be there, 5.00 pm is the best time for a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Looking forward to seeing you random child!
    Remember its tommorow!!From 5pm onwards in the forum bar(one beside the student centre).
    You'll probably spot the boardies a mile off and a good nite is garunteed! So dont be shy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

so who's going to be there around half five? normally the organiser is the one there from the start(like peachy always was:rolleyes:!), anyway I'm planning on getting there between five and six but I'll be flying solo so I better see someone in there and not be walking around then leaving like a tool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

ill pop into the student bar tomorrow at 5 after the show to remind you all to be at the porterhouse at 8. Lest I end up getting langered on me todd !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I might arrive at about 6pm but then I'll leave at 7.30 to consort with the JazzSoc and Outreach people in Astra Hall. Might head to the porterhouse afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

I'd be too terrified because I don't know anyone but I will definitely stare at yis through the window worryingly on the way to the jazzsoc thing.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Is this on in the Student Bar or the Forum Bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Forum bar as far as i know. Go easy on me, im unnaturally shy in person, so be sure not to make any loud noises and dip your headlights if you want to see me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I may show up after MMA training but I dont think il stay for too long-have to go home and have a shower and then go to the cinema later on tomorrow evening.....
    So hopefully il get to meet a few of you in the short time that il be there;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'm going to the PD's beerage first but I'll meet you guys later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I have class until 4.30/5. I'm heading down then (5-ish), but I'll have to go home before the Porterhouse and then head into town later.

Man, I love living on campus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I'd be too terrified because I don't know anyone but I will definitely stare at yis through the window worryingly on the way to the jazzsoc thing.
    Ah dont be scared!None of us bite...promise!Any probs and pm me,Il be on my computer tommorw at some stage. I was mega shy on my first board meet ups but everyone is really friendly and its cool to meet people you'd normally never meet in UCD from all courses and walks of life! Il prob be there round half 7 and il be the tall,blond one prob wearing my fave skinny jeans so look out for that and you'll see the boardies
    Grimes wrote:
    ill pop into the student bar tomorrow at 5 after the show to remind you all to be at the porterhouse at 8. Lest I end up getting langered on me todd !

Dont worry Grimes you wont be left on your tod!You just keep those seats warm for us in the porterhouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Grimes wrote:
    Don't worry guv - I'll be there to keep you company...

Be afraid. Be very afraid!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Don't worry guv - I'll be there to keep you company...

Be afraid. Be very afraid!:eek:

Ill share my bottle of whiskey with you. Blush and I will be there from 6:30 - 7:00 to try and get seats because by 8 on a thursday the Porterhouse will be packed.

Thats the porterhouse on Parliament street folks not the one on Grafton St

I'm going to the PD's beerage first but I'll meet you guys later.
    Actualy I will meet you in the student bar from 5-6:30 go to the European Beers, then meet you in the Porterhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Hmm, feeling a lil under the weather. Ill drop by the forum bar for a few and then decide how im feeling. If im ok then ill head home, get changed and come into town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Wont make this one, have a friends concert to go to, will make the next one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I'll be heading down around six...maybe before, depends when I get out of practicals...not hanging round long though, not up for public gatherings and such at the mo...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Going to tommy tiernan :P
    See you in the porter house after

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Heading in that general direction at the moment. Need to stop for food at some point. See whoever's there soon enough.

Yeah, I don't know why I bothered posting this.

Well, I stopped by, didn't recognise anyone and didnt see any oranges or other fruit sitting on the tables. mind you, it was only after 6 and there were only a few people about.

If you saw me, I was wearing a blue shirt (the one I wore last nite, havent been home since then :() and sipping on a pint of mi-wadi, and sorry I didnt say hello to anyone.

Note to self: Dont go meeting ppl off internet again unless i am well and truly hammered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Can't make it out to the Porterhouse tonight got an essay for tomorrow.Pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Well, I stopped by, didn't recognise anyone and didnt see any oranges or other fruit sitting on the tables. mind you, it was only after 6 and there were only a few people about.

If you saw me, I was wearing a blue shirt (the one I wore last nite, havent been home since then :() and sipping on a pint of mi-wadi, and sorry I didnt say hello to anyone.

Note to self: Dont go meeting ppl off internet again unless i am well and truly hammered!
    there was a table of us there at that point! a big table!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

DirkVoodoo wrote:

Thats a shame DirkVoodoo:(
    Hopefully you'll come to the next one whenever that may be!:)

I couldn't go myself, I'm still locked up in Carlow for the foreseeable future boo-urns.

Ah darn! I saw you guys then Le Rack, I thought ye might be boardsies but I was mortified at the thought of going over and asking a bunch of ppl if they were here for the boards meet-up, followed by much swearing and abuse :).

I was sitting right next to you guys, blue stripey shirt (crap description, yes i know)

Yes Scraggs, Ill be there at the next one, with some of help from my friend Mr.Daniels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

WEll I'm not there am I. Boo. I went to the Forum at 5 but boardsies were nowhere to be seen + I had to go coaching. Had planned to do th Porterhouse but in my hockey training which followed coaching I got a wallop on the knee + have both pain + a fair lump which sorta is playing havoc with my ability to walk. Anyone up for beers 2moro?!?!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

sorry to disappoint anyone who thought I was a girl!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It's ok hon, you're a guy to everyone who bothered to turn up. Bad cess to all who weren't at the Porterhouse.

Hehe.

• Advertisement

I got up today at eight, to go to a tutorial that wasn't on, and I want to throw up. Oh, and I have an essay due. Bleugh!

Advertisement