Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭trinewbie

Looking for a standard road stem, 90/100/110, doesnt really matter.PM if you have anything, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Going to try and fix up a Raleigh pioneer as a hack. Need a saddle, a rear wheel, handle bar grips, bar ends, and a straighter flat bar. Basically if you've anything lying around you don't want that might fit pm. Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

anyone got a set of 42cm handlebars they are willing to part with? Drops, preferably never crashed of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Raam wrote: »
    anyone got a set of 42cm handlebars they are willing to part with? Drops, preferably never crashed of course.
    my old set are 40cm I think.Standard drops.silver ITM.Well used but never crashed.

bcmf wrote: »
    my old set are 40cm I think.Standard drops.silver ITM.Well used but never crashed.

Thanks anyway, but looking for 42cm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Wanted : MTB Crankset, cassette, V brake levers, MTB mechs + Shifters. (9 speed ideally) riser bars.

Available : FSA Vero triple cranks (black) + bb
    Shimano 105 doulble cranks (silver) + bb
    Tiagra rear mech
    105 front mech double
    Sora brake callipers
    Felt drop bars 42 cm black alu
    Sora STI's (pair)
    Mavic Aksium front wheel
    Mavic Aksium rear wheel....(hub is a write off but someone might use the rim and spokes)

Recent pay cut means that my mtb project is being hit so looking for a few swaps! If anyone has anything they no longer need it would be great. Based in Cork unfortunatley as I know a lot of ye are Dublin based.

Whats the lenght on the 105 cranks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Thanks anyway, but looking for 42cm.

I've a set, black, Kona, light tape marks, very little use.

€25 notes/some tasty bike gear? make me an offer

/edit: Actually they see to be more like 44cm.

pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

bcmf wrote: »
    Whats the lenght on the 105 cranks?

Really should have included that! They're 172.5 as are the FSA ones.

Is the bottom bracket in decent shape?

• Advertisement

Sean_K wrote: »
    I've a set, black, Kona, light tape marks, very little use.

€25 notes/some tasty bike gear? make me an offer

/edit: Actually they see to be more like 44cm.

pic

Hi Sean_K, I think have sourced another set of handlebars. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

I've a set of ITM bars, same as el tonto's if your interested know you said your sorted but in case you still fancy them! Can have them for a pint or two at some stage, they are only takeing up space!!

alfalad wrote: »
    I've a set of ITM bars, same as el tonto's if your interested know you said your sorted but in case you still fancy them! Can have them for a pint or two at some stage, they are only takeing up space!!

Cheers Alfalad. I'm collecting the other bars on Friday. They are actually 40cm, but I'm gonna give them a go and see if they suit. If they don't, I will defo take you up on your offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Cheers Alfalad. I'm collecting the other bars on Friday. They are actually 40cm, but I'm gonna give them a go and see if they suit. If they don't, I will defo take you up on your offer.

No worries, but I'm not around next week will be in Germany cycling the Danube, and i know i'm a wuss not doing any hills it was my brothers who choose the route! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

I'm looking for a 700cc 7 speed rear wheel, the one on my hybrid snaps quicker than rubber bands. Also, a 9spd cassette for my road bike, if anyone has one lying around...

I have a Bontrager saddle, a Selle Royal saddle and a set of Pro PLT aluminium drop handlebars, oversize, not sure of width, if anyone has use for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

I'm looking for a 700cc 7 speed rear wheel, the one on my hybrid snaps quicker than rubber bands. Also, a 9spd cassette for my road bike, if anyone has one lying around...

I have a Bontrager saddle, a Selle Royal saddle and a set of Pro PLT aluminium drop handlebars, oversize, not sure of width, if anyone has use for them.

I have a 9spd Campag cassette. Are you looking for Campag or Shimano?

i have a shimano groupset, are there different fittings for the two brands? spot the newbie...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

i have a shimano groupset, are there different fittings for the two brands? spot the newbie...

Yes, they're different I'm afraid. The splines on the hub that the cassette slides onto are a different configuration.

cheeky b****rds! fair enough, thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Machine

I have a Claude Butler Urban 100 going for free. Well actually since it was visited by some scumbag recently it is now an Urban 100 minus wheels and a saddle!

It's a few years old but it wouldn't be that hard to get back on the road again. If anyone wants it, let me know.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'll take it if its not a complete rusty nail. Is there gears and brakes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

To Trade:

Halo Choir Boy 24" 2.35" tyre, ridden once

24" DH tube, as new

Sun Double Wide 24" rim, with rear hub and spokes, though hub may not be safe to use the rim is perfectly true

Rockshox Dart 2 4" travel, 200mm 1.1/8th" steerer, disk only. Used a handfull of times, mostly on road

Truvativ 4D cranks, very used but strong cranks

Shimano Un53 (LX) 68mm/118mm bottom bracket, bearings in good state

Tektro io mechanical disk brake caliper front & rear, used as much as the fork

Time Atac Alium Pedals, retention system is perfect, might need a little grease on the spindles

Shimano XT cleats, used and battered, would suit hacker bike

Eibach Stendec Evo 550x62 gold spring, never used

Wanted:

8/9spd rear mech, chain and sprockets

Front Mtb 1.1/8th" fork, must have brake bosses for V brakes

Gear Shifters F&R

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Machine

BostonB wrote: »
    I'll take it if its not a complete rusty nail. Is there gears and brakes?
    To BostonB,

The frame is fine apart from a few scratches. It has gears, brakes, pedals, mudguards. The chain would need a good clean and oil but apart from that it should be fine. PM me if you want to pick it up. I'm based in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

cyco wrote: »
    Gavin, you're welcome to the wheel if you want it- Any chance you have a half decent flat bar?

To go-

MTB fork. Marzocchi Z1 alloy. They're old but silky smooth and dont leak or anything like that. feature a double disc mount and 4" travel. €40?

dx flat pedals, 8speed brake/gear combo shifters,

Hey Cyco, very interesting in what you have here! Are they still available? The z1's, have they brake bosses and what length the the steerer?
    The shifters, what make/model are they?

I am willing to trade, pay cash or both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

I may be able to swap you a 700c real wheel for one of your saddles. It's in decent condition, I'll get you more info if you're interested. Can you give me any more info about the saddles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Right, some plonker knocked my bike over last sunday (thanks Gavin for pointing it out) and I only noticed today that one of the bar plugs is missing.

If anyone has a spare lying around and is going on the saturday spin tomorrow could they let me know, that would be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Right, some plonker knocked my bike over last sunday (thanks Gavin for pointing it out) and I only noticed today that one of the bar plugs is missing.

If anyone has a spare lying around and is going on the saturday spin tomorrow could they let me know, that would be great!

I think i have :) I ll sent you a pm later when i ll get home and search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I think i have :) I ll sent you a pm later when i ll get home and search.

Legend!

I've loadsa spares also.

• Advertisement

I have 2 Fizik ones.

Advertisement