Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kevhan

I have a pair of specialized shoes size 44/45 with spd cleats hardly ever used as they are too small, can be worn as normal shoe with jeans etc. looking to trade for a pair of speedplay pedals and cleats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Ideally the light will be rechargeable as I will be doing a lot of late evening cycling and I need to see the pot holes. Fair price for the right light.

I have some unused knobbly mountain bike tyres and some road semi slick mountain bike tyres previously fitted to a Specialized Hardrock to sell or swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Anyone have a spare wireless computer with cadence and ideally heart rate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭horizon26

swop anyone aliante is not for me,had a c2 before quite licked aliante is only 3 months old perfect condition its also much more expensive than the c2 saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

horizon26 wrote: »
    swop anyone aliante is not for me,had a c2 before quite licked aliante is only 3 months old perfect condition its also much more expensive than the c2 saddle.

Hi man! I'm living in Limerick and happen to have a White Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow saddle just like this one. It has been used, but it is what it is, the exact saddle you are looking for. See pictures of the saddle itself here, just quick low quality shots taken in the dark using flash so it doesn't really look great. Everything just looks blasted out of it. As you can see it has some signs of wear, but no tears or serious damage. It wasn't used for very long at all to be honest before I got an Arione which I find a bit better although I feel there is still room for improvement which is why I would be interested in the Aliante. What exact model is it? And have you any high resolution pictures you could post up? Whereabouts in Cork are you based? Cheers ;)

P.S. I also am looking for any parts needed to build up a TT bike from scratch (as seen here - more specific details also).

• Advertisement

Hello there Home:ballyhoura I posted a reply last night but must not have worked.Firstly it is the selle Italia c2 I want, but not the gel flow one sorry.I also have an arione and found it ok but a bit tough.The aliante is a much softer and shorter saddle.So soft its uncomfortable on longer spins.So much so I put the arione back on my bike!If you go to the fizik web site there is a new system of finding your ideal saddle chech it out good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Have a selle italia c2 saddle that's a few months old.

Great condition bar a couple of scuffs at the sides.

Looking for another saddle - haven't decided what type yet but maybe slightly wider than the C2.

hello aidan.offbeat go to cycling adverts posted a reply there.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

Have a pair of Campy Vento wheels I need to get rid of. About 5 years old, lots of use but they're and true and have plenty of miles left in them. They have a 9/10 speed Campy hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

horizon26 wrote: »
    hello aidan.offbeat go to cycling adverts posted a reply there.

I saw that, thanks. Saddle still available if anyone's interested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lucasw

have -
    ex track hub ,front good condition
    ex track hub on mavic open pro rims, lockring but no cog and there is no rimtape and I have lost one or two of the nipple hole insert things, good condition
    cannondale earth rear mtb wheel with a single speed conversion spacer/cog
    condition ok
    ridgeback 6bolt disk hub (front) on banjaxed rim, condition, ok/poor

Looking for-
    I bought this bike- http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/ce/model-4FS8.html
    and I need
    seatpost
    bars
    new bottom bracket
    chainring/chain/rear casette
    slick tyres
    bottom bracket tool
    back wheel skewer
    If Mr. Skeffington is reading, calabration of the hydrolic brakes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

bbosco wrote: »
    Have a pair of Campy Vento wheels I need to get rid of. About 5 years old, lots of use but they're and true and have plenty of miles left in them. They have a 9/10 speed Campy hub.

Price?
    Photos?

Cheers

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

I've a specialized s-works tricross fork I'm no longer using.

I've put it up for sale here:
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=149542&cat=52
    but I'd also be willing to trade.

I've also a set of avid shorty cantis I'd trade, but they've one tension screw missing (its not critical, I didn't miss it).

I'd be interested in things like a set of pedals (shimano 105 road, say) or tires, or gear cables, bar tape, bottles, things I'd use in future, if anyone is interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

lucasw wrote: »
    ex track hub on mavic open pro rims, lockring but no cog and there is no rimtape and I have lost one or two of the nipple hole insert things, good condition

lucasw I have a spare bottom bracket removal tool.

I'd be interested in the rear wheel, but I dont know what you mean by the 'nipple hole insert things' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Long shot. Want all my bikes to have the same length cranks. To this end I have an unused, boxed Sram Red crank (2009), 53x39 in a 172.5. Would very much like to change that for the same chainset in a 170mm. If push came to shove I might be convinced to go for Force if the deal is sweetened somehow (or one of the Fulcrum Torq's), perhaps there is something else out there that I haven't considered also (not Shimano this time, already have Dura Ace).

hey flickerx I'll try to take some pics of the wheel. The spoke nipple things I mentioned are when you take the rim tape off look at the holes for the back of the nipple spokes and there (maybe?) a cylinder with a lip that slides into the hole, a few of these are missing. If anyone on the forum can name this item it might help.
    That said i'm not going to swap you the wheel just for the bottom bracket tool

I'm also loking for a stem but it has to be the oversize cannondale type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

lucasw wrote: »
    hey flickerx I'll try to take some pics of the wheel. The spoke nipple things I mentioned are when you take the rim tape off look at the holes for the back of the nipple spokes and there (maybe?) a cylinder with a lip that slides into the hole, a few of these are missing. If anyone on the forum can name this item it might help.
    That said i'm not going to swap you the wheel just for the bottom bracket tool

Yeah I understand that you wont swap one direct for the other but obviously I'd be willing to top up the difference.

Your text is still very confusing though.
    Can you please just either use the word 'spoke' or 'nipple' (not the two together).
    The 'cylinder with a lip that slides into the hole' sounds like a nipple.
    So it sounds like several of the nipples are missing. It cant be anything else really.
    If several of the nipples are missing then that means the spokes are loose and the wheel will need to be re-tensioned and possibly re-trued?

Some photos will really help.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Long shot. Want all my bikes to have the same length cranks. To this end I have an unused, boxed Sram Red crank (2009), 53x39 in a 172.5.

Quigs, I might be tempted at some point if you were to put that in the FS section. Don't have one to swap.

sorry about the confusing message flickerx , here is a pic of the bits I'm talking about ( not the actual wheel , goolgled) . The wheel itself is true but the spokes could probably do with a once over though it's just due to disuse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

fergalr wrote: »
    I've a specialized s-works tricross fork I'm no longer using.

Hi Fergal - how long is the steerer on the fork? Interested to hear what you've replaced it with too. Any more photos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

Have an FSA Team Mega Exo Chainset, as seen here http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=41398

It's a 170mm 53/39... does NOT include the BB, looking to swap for a Shimano Hollowtech Chainset, 172.5mm, 53/39....

Failing that I'm open to offers to swap it for something else...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Ok, found a set of Sram Red 170mm cranks for my own bike.

Still have the Sram Red 172.5mm cranks for trade. Brand new, still with plastic on them, never installed. Might be tempted to swap with cash either direction for something interesting (although I pretty much have everything I need so good luck coming up with something I want - I do have a wheel fetish though...). Netbook also interesting..

Bottom Bracket is NOT included. Failing that I might sell for I dunno offers in the range up to the 200 euro mark. Try me. Not back in the country till the weekend, but checking this every couple of days. Just to re-iterate, this is new, I bought the whole groupset 2 weeks ago with the wrong crank length by mistake and these are literally still in the package they arrived in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Hi all,

I have a brand new pair of sks race blade mudguards for sale, they are black and 18-23c fitment. Bought them for my cannondale 700c hybrid and they don't fit :(

I only removed the two mudguards from the packaging to test fit, all fittings are still sealed in the original packaging.

Price €35 -Can meet in Dublin North/Leixlip/Maynooth.

Thanks,
    Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Neilw wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a brand new pair of sks race blade mudguards for sale, they are black and 18-23c fitment. Bought them for my cannondale 700c hybrid and they don't fit :(

I only removed the two mudguards from the packaging to test fit, all fittings are still sealed in the original packaging.

Price €35 -Can meet in Dublin North/Leixlip/Maynooth.

Thanks,
    Neil.
    Would you take €25 for the race blades?

abcdggs wrote: »
    Would you take €25 for the race blades?

I'll take 30, they are brand new :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Neilw wrote: »
    I'll take 30, they are brand new :)
    I'll take them for 30 if you dont mind waiting til next week, leaving the country tomoro for the weekend

abcdggs wrote: »
    I'll take them for 30 if you dont mind waiting til next week, leaving the country tomorrow for the weekend

Deal, pm me your number and I'll keep them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

folks, this is meant to be a more community based altruistic style exchange thread. Items for sale should go to the dedicated sub-forum.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭BikePure

GIANT A5 ALUMINIUM MTB RISER BARS WITH GRIPS

3976912827_704295ba51.jpg

These Giant A5 Aluminium riser bars were taken off my Giant XTC mountain bike to swap for flat bars to get a lower narrower position for racing. These were great while I had them but didn't receive much use. Almost new condition (even still has the orange warning sticker), no marks from brake/gear lever brackets and only minor marks from where the stem was. I am not sure of the detailed specs but I do know that they weigh 315g and are the 630mm width version. They have something roughly like a 20mm rise and a 5° sweep/upsweep, nothing too dramatic which is nice! I have the original grips which came with them which I will throw in if anyone wants them as I'm not using them.

Make me an offer of something interesting, only really looking for a set of Look Keo pedals or a Fizik Arione saddle (plus whatever the difference obviously) at the moment! Based in Limerick, cheers! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

Anyone got a cyclocross bike they would like to swap for a lapierre RCR 100.

The bike has had alot of upgrades.
    size 54.
    Groupset is now a 105/tiagra mix.
    Wheels planet X.
    I will post pictures if there is anyone interested

Advertisement