Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Lads,

I've a 2008 Canyon HT frame for sale. Its about 1.4kg and its an 18.5 inch. Handles 80 - 100mm fork no bother. I'm not selling any of the groupset, fork or finishing kit. Perfect light race frame. Frame is in good condition.

For the frame and headset I'm looking for 220 euro. Will be stripped soon so p.m. to view and take a spin.

A photo can be seen here:-

img4624c.jpg w800.png

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kenmac

bbosco wrote: »
    Have a pair of Campy Vento wheels I need to get rid of. About 5 years old, lots of use but they're and true and have plenty of miles left in them. They have a 9/10 speed Campy hub.

i'm interested in your wheels

what do ya want for them...

k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EvanG

Hi,

New here...

Im building my first bike, a fixie, and Im looking for a set of cheap wheels, just so I can get on the road and afford to buy a nicer set?

Anybody got some reasonably priced wheels for sale?

Cheers

Ev

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

kenmac wrote: »
    i'm interested in your wheels

what do ya want for them...

k

Sorry, they went to another boardsie a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭biker_joe

Hi all,
    I am doing a bit of a clear out at the mo, I have two sets of Wheels to sell for starters

1 pair Shimano RS20's

1 pair Mavic Cosmic Elites ( not current model, the one before )

PM me if interested.

I have good few other bits aswell, I will post here when I them sorted out.

Biker Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

biker_joe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am doing a bit of a clear out at the mo, I have two sets of Wheels to sell for starters

1 pair Shimano RS20's

PM me if interested.

I have good few other bits aswell, I will post here when I them sorted out.

Biker Joe
    are the mavics for shimano??

Both pairs of Wheels are for Shimano cassette.

Tks
    Biker Joe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Both pairs of Wheels are for Shimano cassette.

Tks
    Biker Joe
    Mmm Cosmics ....
    Any idea re price or anything you want as a swap??

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

1 pair Shimano RS20's

Interested in either of these, need a spare set of wheels, let me know what you want for them.

I'd be interested in the mavics lets know what your thinking...

Regards,

Kenmac

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    The Shimano RS20's are SOLD, I am just waiting on someone to get back to me on the Mavic's.
    Will keep you guys posted here, thanks.

Cheers
    Biker Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

Bought some new 700x28 tyres and got some free tubes but the tubes are too big for the tyres!

Tubes are Conti Tour 28 All 700x32-47. Presta valve, look like 42mm but have no ruler to check. Unboxed, no valve caps.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18907

Will swap for one tube that fit 23 or 28 tyres or something else small. Failing that a few quid and they're yours. Based in D15 and IFSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

MadHatter wrote: »
    Bought some new 700x28 tyres and got some free tubes but the tubes are too big for the tyres!

Tubes are Conti Tour 28 All 700x32-47. Presta valve, look like 42mm but have no ruler to check. Unboxed, no valve caps.
    I'd be surprised if you didn't get those tubes into 700x28 tyres- have you tried?

blorg wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if you didn't get those tubes into 700x28 tyres- have you tried?

Nope, haven't tried. I'm sure you're right but I don't see the point, I may as well have the tubes the right size. Don't fancy standing on the side of the road in the cold and lashing rain trying to squish one of these tubes into a tyre it's not designed for.

Plus only one of the 4 bikes in the house is running 700x28, the rest are on 23 or 25, so a smaller tube is more practical for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Fair enough although 32 is close enough to 28 that it would almost certainly work with no faffing required. You can generally go a few sizes either side on the width in my experience.

Hi all,
    The Shimano RS20's are SOLD, I am just waiting on someone to get back to me on the Mavic's.
    Will keep you guys posted here, thanks.

Cheers
    Biker Joe

The Mavics are now sold also, Tks for all the reponses !

Biker Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've a spare 700x23 tube, dunno the exact size. Has a long presta valve for deep wheels, though. Also in D.15...

BostonB wrote: »
    I've a spare 700x23 tube, dunno the exact size. Has a long presta valve for deep wheels, though. Also in D.15...

This directed at me? Yeah, I'll swap for your tube. PM on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Yup, your good self.

MadHatter wrote: »

Will swap for one tube that fit 23 or 28 tyres or something else small. Failing that a few quid and they're yours. Based in D15 and IFSC.

It turns out these tubes were no use for BostonB, so still available if anyone is interested. 2 x Conti Tour 28 All 700x32-47 presta. Will give them away for nothing at this stage as they will just take up space.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jimjam11

hey im looking for a cheap enough singlespeed crankset

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

I have a Dawes Discovery 201 (2008) available for parts.

-Acera gears, 7 speed
    -one rear wheel + tyre + tube
    -headset (adjustable angle) , handlebars, saddle (great condition)
    -decent bear claw type pedals

Basically full bike minus front wheel (nicked!) and frame (rear stay cracked and dangerous to re-use)

Asking: a few bob - nothing major, circa €5 a part - discount for multiple parts. PM if interested.

Also available: Maxxis colombiere tyres 700X23C --- Slicker than the devil in velvet pants. €8 the pair. Used once.

Also available: Maxxis colombiere tyres 700X23C --- Slicker than the devil in velvet pants. €8 the pair. Used once.

I'll take these if they are still available

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

l have an acer laptop for sale on adverts but l would consider swapping it for a decent wheelset (to suit campag) of similar value.

Adverts link below.

Mods l presume this is ok as l'm not duplicating a cycling sale between here and adverts? lf not ok, please advise thanks.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=165452&cat=8

EDIT: LAPTOP NOW SOLD

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭csb1989

ok this is a bit of a long shot, but has anyone got a standard (53-39) crankset that they would trade for a compact 50-36 crankset?

Preferrably FSA mega-exo

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

csb1989 wrote: »
    ok this is a bit of a long shot, but has anyone got a standard (53-39) crankset that they would trade for a compact 50-36 crankset?

Preferrably FSA mega-exo

:rolleyes:

I may have a Tiagra crankset to fit a square taper BB knocking around.

You can get 53-39 chainrings for your compact crankset. Decent rings would set you back €70 total, cheaper ones for €30-€40ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bikenut

If csb doesn't want it, I'd be interested in your 53/39 Tiagra chainset - I have the BB for it. What sort of condition/price is it - I'm just looking for something old to try out the gearings on before I go spending €€€ on a new chainset.

I'm not sure you can just swap the chainrings - isn't the bolt chain diameter 110mm on FSA compacts and 130mm on standards - guess it depends on the model - maybe you use non FSA chainrings?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

bikenut wrote: »

If csb doesn't want it, I'd be interested in your 53/39 Tiagra chainset - I have the BB for it. What sort of condition/price is it - I'm just looking for something old to try out the gearings on before I go spending €€€ on a new chainset.

I'm not sure you can just swap the chainrings - isn't the bolt chain diameter 110mm on FSA compacts and 130mm on standards - guess it depends on the model - maybe you use non FSA chainrings?

I never said you could just swap the chainrings from a standard crankset, just that you can get 110bcd chainrings in standard 53/39 sizes to fit your existing crankset.

Tiagra crankset is 170mm crankarms. In good nick, perfectly functional but a fair bit of scuffing on the crankarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭csb1989

you can get 110bcd chainrings in standard 53/39 sizes to fit your existing crankset.

ah that might be worth looking into, thanks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

csb1989 I changed my compact inner ring 34 with a 39 and kept the 50 works a treat, this is the chainring I bought, 10euro shipping.

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=5832;group=16;page=2;pid=122;menuid1=4;menuid2=0;mid=0;pgc=0

Advertisement