Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

looking for a set of brake levers for drop bars, to go on a single speed. i have bars but if someone has levers attached to bars i can trade you the bars and cash

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

jebidiah wrote: »
    looking for a set of brake levers for drop bars, to go on a single speed. i have bars but if someone has levers attached to bars i can trade you the bars and cash

I MIGHT have some 80's levers stashed away in my horde.

Will have a look this afternoon.

If I have some, you can have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have a pair of Tektro levers, brand new and never fitted. I had an idea I was going to build something up but never did. €15 if you want them.

9813.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Anyone have a seatstay bracket for a Smart 1/2W LED that they don't need?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

I might have Dirk, i 'll let you know later when i go home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

blorg wrote: »
    I have a pair of Tektro levers, brand new and never fitted. I had an idea I was going to build something up but never did. €15 if you want them.

9813.jpg

I'll take these if jebidiah doesn't

chakattack wrote: »
    I'll take these if jebidiah doesn't
    First come, first served, I'll send you a PM.

I have an FSA OS-190 31.8mm stem in 90mm, looking to swap for similar in 110mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

anyone got metal toe clips or straps!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

A bit too late but i have one. I 'll be home until 2 tomorrow, you are more than welcome to come over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Junior

I hate Linux servers, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Swaine55

Looking for a white saddle and white grips for my fixie. I have a black saddle and black/grey grips or cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

AstraMonti wrote: »
    A bit too late but i have one. I 'll be home until 2 tomorrow, you are more than welcome to come over.

Crap, sorry Astra only saw this now. I'll get it from you when you get back from your christmas holidays. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭fixie

have a barely used black 48 tooth chainring off my fugi track that id swap for a 49,51,53 one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Pair of 2009 Mavic Aksiums for sale to suit a Campag cassette.
    Brand new and completely unused, never had tyres fitted.
    Offered at 125 euro ono
    Price is for the wheels and skewers only, no tyres or cassette included.
    Living in Drogheda, collection preferred but can deliver within reason.
    Photos here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/furiousox/

EDIT Will swap wheels plus cash for a better wheelset

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

I recently bought two skinsuits in different sizes off ProBikeKit in a mad panic when they had just reduced them. Even while I was just looking at them there were a couple being bought every minute or two it was such good value. I just clicked on two sizes and went to the checkout asap. In the length of time it took me to check out (2-3mins) there were 4 more of the medium size sold and that was the end of that, all sold out in every size.

To cut a long story short, they both arrived yesterday, I looked at both of them, the smaller size looked around my size so I tried it on and it fits 100% perfect. I didn't even bother trying on the medium as I know it would be too big, and it still has all the tags on it and in the original packaging as you would expect.

It is a medium sized long sleeved skinsuit like in the picture. As you will see, its RRP is €93.59, they took 50% off in the sale making it €46.79 and then their usual 10% off everything brought it down to €42.11. Then, on top of all that I used their 10% off Christmas voucher and got it for €37.90.

99739.jpg

So, I have the option of sending it back to them and getting exactly that amount back (I have even received a Returns Authorisation Number from them) but just remembered to put it up here and pass on the exceptional value to my fellow boardsies. I already have gloves to send back to them so I won't be paying any extra postage for this (both fit in together under the <500g package bracket), so as a result I will have to ask for the €3.85 for An Post and the PayPal fee (3.4% + 35c) which makes it €43.52 all in.

As you can see I am not making a single cent from this
    , it would be easier just to throw it off in the post with the gloves but hopefully someone will want to avail of this value. It is really very stretchy and will fit a wide range of sizes but don't go by the PBK size chart as it is way off. The size I went for shows it should fit a premature baby but it is the usual size I buy in cycling clothing and it fits perfectly.

Please let me know by this evening or else I will just assume nobody is interested and send it back in the morning. Cheers! ;)

Mods, feel free to move my previous post into the Cycling Adverts section. I was just thinking there that it might be more apprepriate to have it there instead. I'm not sure, I will leave it up to you to decide! Cheers (sorry for any hassle caused) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I might be interested in that skinsuit Ballhoura. Just checking with one of the guys in the club who has one. If his is a large, then your medium should fit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

9813.jpg

too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ballyhoura I'll take it off your hands.

• Advertisement

too late?
    Yes they are gone.

I will have one Tektro RX4.1 Bar End Lever after Christmas if anyone is interested. Would suit bullhorn bars. Sell for half the CRC price.

34902.jpg

hi, i will have ONE oval a700 brake lever after christmas
    here http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24286
    it will have the upgraded lever thought much better.
    NB. not carbon lever
    will sell for 20-25

Yes they are gone.

I will have one Tektro RX4.1 Bar End Lever after Christmas if anyone is interested. Would suit bullhorn bars. Sell for half the CRC price.

34902.jpg

let me geuss, building a fixie???

i am:D:rolleyes::P:cool:

Ballyhoura, if you still have that skinsuit, give it to Kensutz. Apparently they fit a bit on the larger size alright, my mate has a medium also and his thighs are each about the size of my waist ! It would look like Bermuda shorts on me. Good skinsuits though, a few of us got them in the summer when we went TT mad for about 1 week. (a week later there were a lot of disc wheels and aero helmets for sale)

kensutz wrote: »
    Ballyhoura I'll take it off your hands.

Hey there! My PM is not working because of Adverts.ie ban, but you are lucky that I didn't get a chance to return it by post today and actually still have it (too busy xmas shopping!). You can however contact me on my email, I'll try and make it as spam proof as possible: my name, stephen clancy, all in one word followed by the number eleven, and thats at the email service provided by google if you get me! Same address for my PayPal if you decide to just send on the amount straight away (€43.52), but please remember to include the correct postal address, it should be there anyway! Thanks
    Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Ballyhoura, if you still have that skinsuit, give it to Kensutz.

Good skinsuits though, a few of us got them in the summer when we went TT mad for about 1 week. (a week later there were a lot of disc wheels and aero helmets for sale)

Will do, no bother about that! I can actually second that they are actually really good skinsuits. My one fits me like as if it was sprayed on but not only that, the chamois insert is unbelievable. I can only really ever wear Assos to avoid saddle sores but this pad seems remarkably similar and just as comfy. Does anyone know if this pad would be in any of PBK's other clothing like their bib-shorts/tights?

P.S. Quigs, any chance there would be some of those disc wheels still for sale is there? I recently picked up an aero helmet in the lbs for a good price to match the colour of my white stealth! :P I'm not sure how I would be able to handle a disc...at 55kg it might be a bit much, or else just for very calm conditions. What do you think?

Also, any problems wearing non club gear like these PBK skinsuits in race TT's or TT leagues? I would hope not anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'll send you on the money through Paypal now if that's ok.

55kg, now there is a target... I would also be intrested in the acceptability of these and similar skinsuits?

Incidentally anyone know is a fixed gear with a front brake acceptable in a time trial- if not at some point where does it become a problem (as if it is only at pro/national level that will be unlikely to concern me.)

kensutz wrote: »
    I'll send you on the money through Paypal now if that's ok.

I got that there no problems, thanks!
    Incidentally anyone know is a fixed gear with a front brake acceptable in a time trial- if not at some point where does it become a problem (as if it is only at pro/national level that will be unlikely to concern me.)

I've difinitely seen fixed gear TT bikes being used, one was on an Irish Development squad at the time so I'd say there would be no problems, however I did not take any notice of his brake set up at the time! Sorry :o

I've difinitely seen fixed gear TT bikes being used, one was on an Irish Development squad at the time so I'd say there would be no problems, however I did not take any notice of his brake set up at the time! Sorry :o
    The lack of a rear brake would be the issue, I have read UCI regs that seem to suggest that two cable-actuated brakes are required.

• Advertisement

Blorg, I saw the late great Paul Healion put the opposition to the sword in a couple of TT's in 2008 (balinrobe being one, and the nationals too if I recall correctly), whilst riding a track bike, basically he murdered the entire of Ireland in the TT champs whilst basically riding a fixie... Didn't notice if he had put a brake on it. You should look for TT champs 2008 photos, you might find them on Irishcycling.

Ballyhoura, a rear disc shouldn't be any problem for you. Its really only front discs and deep section wheels that you need to worry about. I have ridden a disc out training (flat wheel when I woke up one morning in a rush to meet another rider, only wheel ready to go was the rear disc, it was a blustery day but it didn't feel difficult to handle at all - I would have been approx 62kg at the time. On the flip side though I did look like a complete tool for the day)

Advertisement