Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

@kensutz: Sent off this skinsuit on Wednesday, let me know when you get it, cheers!
    blorg wrote: »
    I would also be intrested in the acceptability of these and similar skinsuits?
    I actually just came across the picture below of the PBK skinsuit in Irish Cycling's pictures of the Northern Ireland 25 mile TT Championships! I'd say they would be grand to be honest and will be wearing my one next season so I should be a bit easier to spot! Haha :D

dsc_0200_003.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Specialized hardrock sport complete front wheel quick release

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

jebidiah wrote: »
    too late?
    I've a pair of these tektro levels (minimal use) if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

Anyone have an unwanted suspension mtb frame? anything from 3-5inches travel. I don't mind if it's old but I've no interest in a supermarket/ toy shop sus frame. Alternatively, might be interested in an XC frame that will handle a 5 inch fork.

I could swap for cash, a kona paddywagon (bike) , a MTB dirt/ jump frame, or even a 1950's double-crossbar frame which makes a very fine path-racer style fixie.

The above are all up for grabs if anyone's interested. I'm always looking for a bigger (60cm or so) lugged steel frame for a fixed gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

The lack of a rear brake would be the issue, I have read UCI regs that seem to suggest that two cable-actuated brakes are required.

does this answer your questions @blorg ?

http://www.stephen-barrett.com/blog/Building-Form...html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The lack of a rear brake would be the issue, I have read UCI regs that seem to suggest that two cable-actuated brakes are required.
    Hi Blorg
    You are corrrect on this one.
    The UCI changed their rules on this one a year or two ago
    "Bicycles used in road events must be fitted with an efficient braking system that acts on both wheels (either
    simultaneously or independently) operated by two brake levers. The use of a fixed gear in competition is
    prohibited"
    http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=MTkzNg&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NTI0MDY&LangId=1

I was chatting to a commisaire who had worked on the Giro and he remembered Stuey O Grady riding a trck bike (with a front brake) on a short prologue in the Giro a few years ago.
    Some time after that the rules were changed so now no fixies and 2 brakes required..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

RobFowl wrote: »
    Hi Blorg
    You are corrrect on this one.
    The UCI changed their rules on this one a year or two ago
    "Bicycles used in road events must be fitted with an efficient braking system that acts on both wheels (either
    simultaneously or independently) operated by two brake levers. The use of a fixed gear in competition is
    prohibited"
    http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=MTkzNg&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NTI0MDY&LangId=1

I was chatting to a commisaire who had worked on the Giro and he remembered Stuey O Grady riding a trck bike (with a front brake) on a short prologue in the Giro a few years ago.
    Some time after that the rules were changed so now no fixies and 2 brakes required..
    Thanks for that Rob. What level of event would this tend to apply to in domestic competition? All of them, or just the likes of the National Championships? I know in the UK it is still very popular, most time trials there don't come under British Cycling though AFAIK.

Thanks for that Rob. What level of event would this tend to apply to in domestic competition? All of them, or just the likes of the National Championships? I know in the UK it is still very popular, most time trials there don't come under British Cycling though AFAIK.

Technically it applies to all events run under Cycling Ireland rules. This includes club tt's etc. In real terms it means any records or placings achieved are not valid and a commisaire or organiser can disqualify you or prevent you from starting.

I've never seen any one disqualified but then I don't go to many TT's :rolleyes:

I did see a Polish team told to change their bikes at the RAs because they had mudguards though !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

@kensutz: Sent off this skinsuit on Wednesday, let me know when you get it, cheers!

Back in Waterford today and it was there waiting for me. Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭eleven

Hi everyone, sorry for the complete lack of knowledge going on here...

Got a second hand bike for christmas, nothing fancy at all - just something to get me to college and around town. Of course before I even got it, some pr*ck gave it a good kick when it was locked up outside my house and now the back wheel is buckled. Trying to have a go at repairing it, but it's too bad. Was wondering if anyone had an old back wheel that could be donated? It's a ladies 26cm in diameter mountain bike and whatever other specs I need to give please let me know!

Thanks a million :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Hi All
    I have an FSA OS-99 carbon stem @ 90mm long, hardly used as it's too short for me.
    Will exchange for the same stem in 110mm if anyone has one

As below

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=34273

Thanks!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Have 2 pairs of boards knee warmers courtesy of Raam that are being passed on.

Price: Free unless postage is required.

Where am I?: South Dublin, limited in where I can go at the moment due to cheap lungs and icy roads, but willing to cycle along the N11 from Foxrock into town, otherwise I can post (see above).

Sizing: Tag says medium, but like Raam said, these are SMALL! I take a small/medium in most cycling clothes (ahh, race fit!) but these were quite tight and the stitching was putting a lot of pressure on the back of my knee at full flexion (See 2nd photo).

Design: Purple lycra with a boards logo on the front (orange). I have to stress again these are lycra, not fleecy lining so probably only suited to mild weather.

100908.JPG
    100909.JPG

All thanks goes to Raam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Does any1 have a shimano bottom bracket tool they want to trade for a shimano cassette tool. managed to buy the latter instead of the former and i don't think it's worth the hassle of trying to return it for the €5 it cost...

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

Hi guys i have a kryptonite lock its an evolution (the orange one) its kind of too big its the standard size was wondering if any one has the evolution mini? if so would you be willing to trade. it has to be like new condition as i only recieved mine today. so it would be only fare. thanks

Pm me! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Wanted: Mavic Freehub for campagnolo cassette (ED10) - 11 speed compatible, looking for a new or slightly used one. Cheapest I can find online is 44 euro from CRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mgbgt0_0

looking for a girls 24 inch wheel mountain bike. needs to be good brand and good condition.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

Hey,

Looking for a set of drop handlebars in silver for my fixie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I have 1 of these, used as a front tyre which I have had for the past 4 months on a bike I use to cycle to work and college http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=45443

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ted9308

wanted new or used shimano 10 speed 14-25 cassette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

ted9308 wrote: »
    wanted new or used shimano 10 speed 14-25 cassette

For Junior gearing I guess? Either way, they aren't very common and I found quite difficult to get a hold of myself (even more so now that the new Ultegra 6700 is out since it was the 6600 series that had a 10 speed 14-25 ratio), I have two in use at the moment but won't need them anymore come September!

They seem to be gone off most websites, or out of stock like here, here and here but the only place I can find that seems to still have some are Worldwide Cycles. Other than that, you could try and find another 10 speed Shimano cassette in the 14-25 ratio, keep a look out on eBay or do what I did initially and replace the cogs of one cassette with other ones to make up your own 14-25. You might get one here, I don't know but it is only really Juniors that use that gearing so I would say they would be hard to come across. I presume September is too late for you if you were to wait until I am done with mine (although I would imagine they will be fairly worn by that stage if not replaced by me already!)

Best of luck! ;)

EDIT: A few more websites if you are really stuck: here, here and here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ted9308

yep..junior gearing,september would be a little late considering i want the cassette now..had been looking in shops all round ireland..they seem to be a rare breed..i had to start racing with under 16 gearing..not particularly nice..i'll have to try worldwide cycles then..thanks for your help!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭coolbeans

I have a black specialized toupe gel and wanna swap for a white version of the same. Any takers? PM me.
    CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

coolbeans wrote: »
    I have a black specialized toupe gel and wanna swap for a white version of the same. Any takers? PM me.
    CB.

You are a godsend ... I have a white one and need to swap for a black.

Its not new by any stretch of imagination and the there are scuff marks on the scuff guards at the back of the saddle. Will PM you a picture later on. Is yours new? If so, I would be willing to make part payment if yours is new. PM me a picture of your saddle as well.

Are you Dublin based?
    SC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭coolbeans

You are a godsend ... I have a white one and need to swap for a black.

Its not new by any stretch of imagination and the there are scuff marks on the scuff guards at the back of the saddle. Will PM you a picture later on. Is yours new? If so, I would be willing to make part payment if yours is new. PM me a picture of your saddle as well.

Are you Dublin based?
    SC

Hey SC. I sent the PM before I read this. Mine's about six weeks old and looks fairly unmarked. One of the rear tips has some black fade alright but yours is much worse than mine. The last point is an observation not a criticism. PM sent. Willing to deal if we can agree on a cash adjustment. I am Dublin based three weeks out of hour but this is the fourth week so I'm back next Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

Hey,

Looking for a set of drop handlebars in silver for my fixie

I've a set of pro oversize aluminium drop handlebars, 44cc I think, with an ergo drop, if that's what you're looking for. What kind of deal were you thinking of?

i have a set, 40cm c-c and 25.4mm clamp.

what have you to trade? i need a chainring, seat post, saddle, or let me know what else you have

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

Hey man, sorry got some yesterday, thanks anyway

Anyone have a 25.4mm seat post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

coolbeans wrote: »
    Hey SC. I sent the PM before I read this. Mine's about six weeks old and looks fairly unmarked. One of the rear tips has some black fade alright but yours is much worse than mine. The last point is an observation not a criticism. PM sent. Willing to deal if we can agree on a cash adjustment. I am Dublin based three weeks out of hour but this is the fourth week so I'm back next Sunday.

If this doesn't work out I'd be interested in buying a 2nd hand black toupe.

Is it 130mm or 143mm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

i do it old and its very short and has the old type of thing to fix to the saddle, you can have it with the saddle to tide you over, what you have somehting small

Advertisement