Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

What you mean with the old thing to fasten the saddle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

sorry its called a pipe type seatpost thats what there called, its the one thsat gets skinnier instantly at the top

like this?
    HW_Aluseatpost.JPG

If so i think i'll give it a miss, would prefer to get something a bit more standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

ye its that one you can have it if you need one bad just tried to help, i know where you can get one for 13euro

Nah, not in any rush, haven't even finished painting it yet,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eoghan95

i havnt realy got much to swap but how much do you want for the tyre clisest to the frame in the picture

eoghan95 wrote: »
    i havnt realy got much to swap but how much do you want for the tyre clisest to the frame in the picture
    Who is that directed at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

@abcdggs, you still looking for a seatpost? Think I might have a black ~350mm seatpost to spare, as long as one of the ones in my shed fits on my current project.

@abcdggs, you still looking for a seatpost? Think I might have a black ~350mm seatpost to spare, as long as one of the ones in my shed fits on my current project.
    if it's 25.4mm diameter then yeah, that'd be great. what are you looking for, for it?

a whole host of things! I'm looking for a crankset, bottom bracket, brake lever(like the tektro two finger ones), front wheel, and a front brake suitable for a steel fork, my 105 one's pin at the back is too wide for it.

In exchange for certain things, I also have spare pro oversize handlebars, a nice but very firm blue, black and grey trek saddle, and a few bits and pieces in the shed, to help even the deal up a notch!

• Advertisement

I'm currently homeless, so all my stuff is a bit all over the place. Won't be able to see what i have until i can get settled and lay everything out. hopefully in a few days, will let you know when i can if that's alright

There's no rush, yeah. Eh, good luck with finding a place to stay too!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Hi,

I'm looking for a stoker stem (as in for a tandem) and possibly handlebars for a project I'm working on. If anyone has a spare one, I'm interested.

DFD.

@abcdggs, it's actually a 25.2mm seatpost, having checked it, would that suit? What I'm definitely looking for now is a seatpost arond the 24.6mm range, if you've got one of them lying about...

ok, i dont have a seatpost. i have drop bars 40cm c-c, tyres [vittoria rubino x2, conti 4000 (well used) x2], ritchey stem, quill stem, raceface flat bars. if there's anything there you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Any chance of a look at the quill stem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'll have a quill stem as soon as I get my CRC order, very corroded despite my five minute spray job a few months ago.

Got a riser stem here, 45*, 1.1/8" steerer clamp, 26mm bar clamp. Looking for nice bits and piece to add to my junker(Could do with an inconspicuous saddle bag, compact front illuminatory light, chainring guard, chain cleaner )

Also, got a frame, a Topbike Hobby 200sx Alu, I'll get it down from the roof and get some flicks if anyones interested. The forks around somewhere:rolleyes: BB is damaged and I couldnt get it out. That said I didnt really try all that hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I have a quill stem with bars if anyone is interested.In good shape. Silver. Will post a pic when I can

TADA!!
    th_DSC00146.jpg
    click for large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

quill stem and bars

• Advertisement

abcdggs wrote: »
    ok, i dont have a seatpost. i have drop bars 40cm c-c, tyres [vittoria rubino x2, conti 4000 (well used) x2], ritchey stem, quill stem, raceface flat bars. if there's anything there you want?

Are the rubino's well used, or is it just the conti's? How long's the ritchey stem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Marq-dublin

Does anyone have a 10cm stem for oversized 31.8 bars to swap?

I've git a nice FSA Carbon Pro 11cm for oversized 31.8 bars. It's a carbon wrapped alloy stem with a carbon face plate. Nice and light

Looking for something similar, a 3T ARX, anything fairly light with a 6º rise

Was around €70 new

Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Looking for a bike bag, nothing too fancy to sneak my bike into work and under my desk as the security manager will not let me store my race bike indoors when I need to ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

I should have a Ritchey one ... I will check at home and let you know. Nothing fancy ... came with a Focus. I just need to check the length to see if its 10cm or 11cm. Get back to you later on today.

Don't need the 11cm one from you ... but will sell you the Ritchey for the price of a few pints if that suits.
    Does anyone have a 10cm stem for oversized 31.8 bars to swap?

I've git a nice FSA Carbon Pro 11cm for oversized 31.8 bars. It's a carbon wrapped alloy stem with a carbon face plate. Nice and light

Looking for something similar, a 3T ARX, anything fairly light with a 6º rise

Was around €70 new

Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

... sorry misread one of the posts, nothing to see here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Muhaha, I got an update email of what you said :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭jack01986

Anyone got a cheap rear wheel for a single speed conversion. I've got some weinnmann brake levers to trade as well for it. South Dublin area.
    Photo0165.jpg

I've got a ss rear wheel, looking for €40 for it. unfortunately the brake levers are of no use to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭jack01986

I'll have a think about that cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

This saddle clamp...
    Seat_clamp.jpg

goes with this...
    abcdggs wrote: »
    like this?
    HW_Aluseatpost.JPG

I have two if they are any use to anyone here.

Advertisement