Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

yep i do its got an 8 speed cassete on it

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jogoeire

Hey Man,
    Well thats promising. If you want to email me privately with details (cost, location) you'll get me at roxyweb at gmail dot com. Just wondering does it already have tyre and tube? Hows the condition? Thanks man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

I've got a 10cm bontrager alu stem, oversized with insert and 31.8mm handlebar clamp, and a once used white saddle thats 128mm wide, came off my madone 4.5. The stem is the standard one that came with the bike, race-lite, the saddle is the white n red one on here -

http://bontrager.com/model/07136

Both been on the bike for one ride, needed a longer stem on that bike and my more than ample ass is used to prologo, hope they will be useful for someone....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

I have a black Specialized helmet, size 56(?) to 62cm. Helmet is in perfect condition and looks like this:

http://www.thetristore.com/newproductsthumbs/align2010helmetblk.jpg

It's too big for me so if anyone has one that's a bit too small for them give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

Have a Tiagra chainset for trade. 53/39, 170mm and square taper fitting.

Looking for a 170mm (or smaller) chainset with compact rings.

Also have lots of 42cm bars (both 25.8mm and 31.8mm), looking for 38cm or 40cm bars.

• Advertisement

Sorry Billy, none of the parts any good to me!

I have a shimano compact chainset 50/34 and bottom bracket with 172.5 cranks, virtually unused, I replaced the one off my madone 4.5 with a sram one I had after one ride...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

looking for an ultegra sl front deraileur if anyone has one?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

Lookin for a 2nd hand tri bike. 5'10-11 in height. Unemployeed so not looking to break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

Sorry Billy, none of the parts any good to me!

I have a shimano compact chainset 50/34 and bottom bracket with 172.5 cranks, virtually unused, I replaced the one off my madone 4.5 with a sram one I had after one ride...

Interesting... although 172.5mm is a bit long too be honest. How much are you looking for it?

New on on chain reaction with bb cups (not that they have any!) would be €120.

I'll be happy with €70, and that includes the bb cups.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Hi Guys,

I've got a white "Create" fixie that I'm looking to swap for a road/race/tri bike of some kind. Anything light, don't care about age. Its got deep v's and a flip flop rear hub so you can run it fixed or free wheel, and it has a front brake that works nicely.

I'd be happy to throw a few €'s in for the right bike. Basically i've recently discovered the joys of road biking and my current main bike (not the create) is flat bar and it's doing my back/wrists in on longer rides. So hoping to trade up to something better :)

Lemmie know,

Best

SL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Single Speed Chain Tensioner - free

Have one of these sitting on a shelf gathering dust.

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=13370

Anyone want it? Dublin City Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spbw

daragh_ wrote: »
    Single Speed Chain Tensioner - free

Have one of these sitting on a shelf gathering dust.

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=13370

Anyone want it? Dublin City Centre.

I'll take it. PM'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Held for spbw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

A plea for a pair of brake barrel adjusters for Shimano 105 or any Shimano adjusters likely to fit.

Don't want to have to fork out for new brakes. So if you have an old used/not needed pair of Shimano brakes all I need is the barrel adjusters.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mark19184

For Trade, Ergomo Pro Power Meter Kit. Includes Bottom Bracket, FSA Carbon Cranks 53t, 39t 175mm

Has had very little use as was sitting on a spare frame for the last year. Selling due to not racing competitively anymore. It certainly has less than 500km use

RRP: $1650

Will Sell for €500 ono

Will swap for some raceable wheels....carbon tubs preferably

Description from website below:

Ergomo determines the current power output of the cyclist right in the bottom bracket. During pedaling, the axle twists slightly, this torsion is measured exactly by comparing two signals and is converted into watts. The system is sensitive enough to detect a minimal distortion of only 0.0025 degrees.

Another advantage: ergomo offers optical non-contact power measurement. That guarantees less wear and high reliability. In addition, the integrated sensor/ bottom bracket design is protected against the weather and dirt by a double seal.

Ergomo contains all the components you need for professional systematic training. Only systematic recording and analysis of your performance can move you ahead faster. And the central parameter is power in watts. That's how the pros train, and now you can, too!

With (pedaling) power as the central parameter (watts), you can optimize your energy output while cycling‚ for instance, by shifting gears or changing your position on the bike in order to minimize pedaling frequency and heart rate while maintaining or even increasing your performance.

ergomo pro measures your power in watt during cycling in the bottom bracket, exactly where it is generated. The new ergomo pro is applicable in road and track racing, triathlon and mountainbiking. On the basis of 72 measurements per pedal revolution the torque and cadence is registered and out of this your current power is released. Your individual wattage data is displayed in the big screen on your egomo pro computer with an inprecision of only ± 0.5 percent. So you can always see your power and follow their evolution.

Use the latest cycling technology and benefit from the innovative controlling system ergomo pro, so that you can claim soon that you've got the power!

Measurement precision: ± 0.5%
    Measuring system with a worldwide patent; made in Germany
    With English or Italian threads
    Different axle lengths to match your bike
    Sensor adds hardly any additional weight compared to commercially available bottom brackets
    Keep your own components (wheels, pedals)
    Optimal protection against weather and dirt
    Sensor housing of high strength aluminum alloy
    Complete training system, including accessories and tools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have a 32-spoke Ultegra rear hub I would be interested to swap for similar in 36-spoke. PM if interested as I may miss replies to the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Wanted- seatpost clamp for 31.8mm seat-tube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I'm looking for a flat stem, Ive only started cycling so not really sure what I need exactly! I have the current stem which is quite upright and I also have this jersey on adverts to trade or part ex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Can you put up a picture of your stem? It might be possible that you can just flip it around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I was looking into that but there is too much angle on it. I will post a picture tomorrow if I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

I'm looking for a flat stem, Ive only started cycling so not really sure what I need exactly!

Head downstairs in Cycleways; they have a box out there with a variety of 2nd hand stems and other bits 'n' bobs. IIRC, the stems started from a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

Offered. As per photos
    Make Model Colour Rails Length Width Profile Channeled Padding
    Charge Spoon Black Cr-Mo 270 140 Curved Yes Firm
    Charge Spoon Tan Cr-Mo 270 140 Curved Yes Firm
    Selle
    Italia Filante Black Mang 270 134 Curved No Firm
    Concept Xtrem Black CrMo 270 125 Curved No Firm
    Velo ??? Black Steel 275 134 Curved No Firm
    Kinetic Gel/MTB Black Steel 265 143 Curved No Soft
    All saddles are used but little used and condition is as new.

Required/Preferred. As per photo.
    Make Model Colour Rails Length Width Profile Channeled Padding.
    Carrera ??? Black Any 250<270 145<150 Flat Yes Soft
    Bikehut
    Performance Black Any 250<270 145<150 Flat Yes Soft
    Bioflex Sport Black Any 250<270 145<150 Flat Yes Soft
    Velo ??? Black Any 250<270 145<150 Flat Yes Soft
    Felt Form Black Any 250<270 145<150 Flat Yes Soft
    Spechalized
    VL-2126 Black Any 250<270 145<150 Flat Yes Soft
    Avenir ??? Black Any 250<270 145<150 Flat Yes Soft
    If you bought a carrera racing bike from halfords and changed the saddle there is a good chance you have my preferred saddle.
    Can collect/deliver in Dublin/Meath/Kildare.

Edit: Anybody know how to retain text formatting when submitting posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=20460

Black and grey, brand new looking for a swap for a good 700x26c tire, preferably new or in extremely good condition.

Also open to offers for anything of use like a good saddle/saddle bag/clothing etc.

Based in rathgar, tho can meet anywhere within reasonable distance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I'm looking for a rigid fork for my mtb, its a 22.5 inch frame and the current sus fork that is on it is about 29 inches. I can do a swap for gear depending on what you are looking for.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I don't need this anymore. Spotless as new etc.
    BBB shock absorber pump with gauge.

I need some v brakes, a saddle and stem oops seat post (27.5), a decent rear derailleur (sp?).

Any of the above may be useful.

I also have a pair of rigid MTB forks that I may swap out for a pair of sus forks. Will have to double check the size. I think the frame is smaller than 22"

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 SMacX

I was changing the cables on my trusty steed and went to clamp the cable. I noticed the bit that the bolt screws into was split!

Aaaaaggggghhhhh!

Couldn't get enough purchase on the thread to tighten the bolt. Now I need to get a replacement and I haven't got a clue where to go.

Anyone any ideas? Any spares? Any guidance, help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭parko202

looking for 61cm specialized allez frame with or without fork. cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Just thought I'd throw this out there, anyone fancy swapping a 1 year old 58cm Trek 1.2 racing bike for a tourer, preferably a drop bar. 22.5" or 60cm plus frame size. Must be in good condition with good wheels and gears, cash adjustment to buyer or seller is possible.

The Trek is in very good nick, always well taken care of, regularly cleaned, lubed and always kept indoors. Only used for spins and sportives not a commuter and has less than 2000km done.

Thanks.

Advertisement