Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Does anyone have a pair of those short mudguards used on road bikes... in black?

In exchange, I have a pair of them... in silver.

(Yeah, okay, I'm not expecting a deluge of correspondence on this, but I thought I'd give it a shot.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Set of these buggers lying around ,one 2.1 for back and 1.8 for front.

http://www.cycleways.com/store/product/24744/Panaracer-Fire-XC-Pro-2.1/

I've only done a few miles on them ,they were far to slow on the road for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

I have a Red/White/Silver Giro Atmos Helmet (2006 model) in size small. Not used very much.

Looking to swap/trade for a medium sized Atmos or a Bell Sweep R or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Im looking for a rear whell an 8 speed shimano, if any one has one

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

Changing the frame of my fixie (I want rack & mudguard braze-ons), so the aluminium New York Cycles frame/fork is up for swaps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

rp wrote: »
    Changing the frame of my fixie (I want rack & mudguard braze-ons), so the aluminium New York Cycles frame/fork is up for swaps.

Got a picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Lookin for a 26" rear wheel, if anyone has one going ! Freehub.

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

rp wrote: »

Size and pictures would be nice.

On another note..

I have an auld Claud Butler Rock hardtail MTB frame, I think it's about 20". I'm really just looking to get rid of it, but a trade would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I've taking this thing apart this evening, maybe this will be of use to someone. I’m getting rid of this Carrera Banshee FS frame with Fox Shock.
    This was an old single speed klunker I build for messing around on. Butt Ugly, a Alu (7005) frame. Not the worst frame in the world though.
    The frame was the best part of the original bike and has the Fox shock upgrade.
    Also included is a shimano BB (Bit Worn) and an New EL Cheapo headset., good enough to get you goin’ anyway.

[IMG][/img]f_S5000976m_150d0cb.jpg

S5000992.jpg

I’m also looking to trade some other stuff too, like a pair of Rock Shocks Judy triple clamp forks. I'll give them a good clean.
    I need to replace these with a pair of single crown forks, not too fussy but 120mm would be nice. Anybody got somethin' lying around?

[IMG][/img]S5000994.jpg

Also a pair of Cannondale Coda cranks, 2 ring with Blackspire 34t single speed ring. These will be off the bike when I can find a socket that fits my bloody remover!

Oh yeah and I’ve also got a Wolber mtb front wheel from a comuter bike lying around that I don’t need since I’ve gone over to the disc side. If it's of use to anyone? Can't bear to throw it away...

I need to get my hands on a heavy duty DH type headset and either a 3 piece crankset or single ring crankset with 68mm, 113mm BB. Any help would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BillieBob

Clearing out my garage and getting rid of this below. An 18 inch British Eagle Domo MTB with Reynolds 531 on the main tubes, been sitting there for a few years. It's in pretty poor order (not running) but could be good as a start to creating a run-about for town or as a fixie. Not really looking for anything in return, just to get it a new home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 frenchie091

Hi folks,
    I'm looking for riser handlebars for my fixed-gear. Here's some things I could offer in return:
    • flipped and chopped drop bars, with optional yellow tape
    • single-speed crankset (48t)
    • double road crankset (larger ring is 52t)

None of them are anything fancy, but they're in decent nick and might be useful to someone doing a single-speed/fixed-gear conversion on the cheap, as I was.

Cheers,
    john.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place so Mods feel free to move or delete :( ( but let me know :) )

I'm looking for a hub dynamo from older type high nelly bikes. If anyone has one or knows anyone that has one for sale I'd appreciate a heads up.

Hi im trading bike parts. Ive got:

-a full shimano deore lx brake set (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=11734)
    -a pair of sram sx-4 gear changers (8sp) (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...x?ModelID=8898)
    -custom made shimano deore rear wheel with mavic rim
    -sram 8sp cassette (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...x?ModelID=6388)
    -x-lite clikon seatpost (http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Seatpost...ct_78804.shtml

looking for
    -good disc brakes set without levers and cables
    -a good rear derailleur

all parts in good working condition.

i can sell them aswell

PM me if you are interested.

im looking for a full crankset and a rear derailleur.

dont have much to trade but am willing to pay

PM me if interested

PS parts should be in good condition and i would like pics

Stuck the most recent stuff onto the wiki
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Parts_Trade

I dunno if the formating is very good, it might be hard to associate what someone has with what they want.

Have a kryptonite kryptolok, looking for a crankset
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Parts_Trade#Locks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cowan

Lol, long shot here, I have a set of Pikes here, perfect condition, apart from a coupla scrapes, and sans PIKE sticker... damn jet wash. They are the pop-loc model, but I broke the pop-loc. Would like to trade for equivalent fork with compression adjust on the fork itself. These would ideally suit someone who has a spare poploc lying around, or who doesnt care about compression rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Hi,
    Offered:
    have a pair of cyclo cross tyres going spare, 700x32c houffalized - only a few hundred miles on them.
    Also pair of 26" mtb tubes.
    And a 16 tooth shimano sprocket for nexus 8 (whatever that means, all I know is it doesn't fit the screwed in part I got with my miche track sprocket.

Wanted:
    700 tubes, the screw on bit for a nexus 8 sprocket (though if I get that I won't be wanting to get rid of the above sprocket), brake cable - short length, for fixing a kids front brake.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

Have: Ally NYC Fixed frame + fork (smallish, up to 5'11")
    Want: Steel MTB frame (19"-ish), 1 1/4" steerer

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Anzer123

Anyone interested in offering up a Bianchi frame for sawp? I have a Trek 1500 frame, but would be willing to make up any difference with some £$£$ if needs be,

Anzer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

souter wrote: »
    the screw on bit for a nexus 8 sprocket (though if I get that I won't be wanting to get rid of the above sprocket),

FYI - a Shimano Nexus 8 is an internally geared hub - the sprocket won't fit on a track hub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Not entirely sure where else to put this:

I have some womens bib shorts that I accidentally bought from Aldi.

They're "large", 16-18 to fit ladies waist 32-34 inches, according to the label.

I've never even worn them if that's an issue!

I'm giving these away for nothing since they're no use to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

2581252267_b867f43c48_o.jpg

Truvativ elita crank for sale or for trade, comes with accompanying b/b.

€75, or:

wanted for trade: any old racing frame (with no major structural damage!), with forks and headset still on, horizontal dropouts, and bottom bracket fully removed

if the frame is good i have some other stuff that could make up the difference in value, such as a campagnolo veloce brake:

2582116252_36ba3697ba.jpg?v=0

or this chainring and bolts:

2582117514_b7dbd6524d.jpg?v=0

and I've got some other bits and pieces that i cant remember all of off the top of my head... a couple of brand new bottom brackets (118mm), a saddle post, other brakes, some handlebars, a couple of 1" quill stems and so on... get in touch if you want to trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I've got a 26.8mm Kore Forged seatpost:
    seatpost2.jpg

And a set of kona drops:
    handlebars1.jpg

and I'm looking for a nice white saddle/money:D

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Not exactly a bike part and if a mod wants to move this then fair enough...

Basically I have a pair of Oakley Juliet Polished Blue Iridium sunglasses that I would like to move on. They are like the ones in the picture attached but have a polished frame and another bend in the arms... nicer if ye ask me... If ye want an actual pic of them just PM me...! They are in perfect nic... lens where replaced last year and havent been worn since... boxs etc etc included too..

98970078.jpg

Paid 300 yoyo Looking for 200...! Or if interested I am looking for a pair of Marzocchi forks.... something light like the Marathon Corsa LT RC 2008 or equivalent... V Brake compatible essential... I'd pay the extra obviously...

PM if interested.

Rats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have a couple of exotic weight weenie bits that are just sitting around if anyone is interested in them....

Deda Supercarbon seatpost

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=K3117

And a pair of BTP/Tune 9 gram cages

http://www.poshbikes.com/product.php?id=2

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Looking for a 56-58cm racing frame, something old would do.

I haven't got much to swap, but will pay an honest price

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Looking for a 56-58cm racing frame, something old would do.

I haven't got much to swap, but will pay an honest price

might be able to sort you out on this one

will post up pix and/or PM you on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

flickerx wrote: »

I'm interested too flickerx but I won't impinge on your discussions - PM me if it doesn't work out with Brian

I'm currently in the lead with a frame on eBay but it has a day to run and I'm not going higher ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

flickerx wrote: »

Look forward to hearing from you so.

If anyone else is looking for frames out there I think I have a clements 501 and 531 frames stuffed away at my parents, I think they are both 50-52cm. Need to have a look again.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement