Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

SMacX wrote: »
    I was changing the cables on my trusty steed and went to clamp the cable. I noticed the bit that the bolt screws into was split!

Aaaaaggggghhhhh!

Couldn't get enough purchase on the thread to tighten the bolt. Now I need to get a replacement and I haven't got a clue where to go.

Anyone any ideas? Any spares? Any guidance, help!
    Identify the part and Google the part number. www.petracycles.co.uk carry a lot of Shimano spares. Unfortunately I'm not sure that part is available without buying an entire new brake caliper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

I have brand new Halo Twin Rail tires 26x2.2 for MTB - black

• Directional, universal front or rear tread
    • Knurled ground contact points
    • High quality carcass with beadlock
    • Built-in Puncture Protection System
    • Weight: 770g

never used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

shamwari wrote: »
    Head downstairs in Cycleways; they have a box out there with a variety of 2nd hand stems and other bits 'n' bobs. IIRC, the stems started from a tenner.

Good to know. need to change mine, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=20460

Black and grey, brand new looking for a swap for a good 700x26c tire, preferably new or in extremely good condition.

Also open to offers for anything of use like a good saddle/saddle bag/clothing etc.

Based in rathgar, tho can meet anywhere within reasonable distance

Would be interested in that tyre. PM me if you still have, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭cipo

Looking for a cx bike or frame & fork etc!!

Size 56cm

have a few bits here to trade...
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055994858

langster 2010 size56cm. Barely used.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

cipo wrote: »
    Looking for a cx bike or frame & fork etc!!

Size 56cm

have a few bits here to trade...
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055994858

langster 2010 size56cm. Barely used.

Thanks.

Hi Cipo, I am selling a 58cm cross frame which might interest you: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2055996778

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭cipo

@Raam

Was looking at your thread on sales page ...

It's gonna be too big.

Cheers for the message though!

D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

Raam, would you consider a trade for your cx bike? I've a retro fixie on adverts, a 105 equipped hacker with all new parts, new aksium wheels, brooks saddles, lots of bits and pieces! Just no cx frame...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Hi Cyco, I'm only looking for cash for this one. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Don17

Hi,

I have a Giant Defy 3 which I purchase in january of this year
    its in excellent condition and i've only used it in a few duathlons and the occasional road cycle.
    Its frame size M/L and I feel that its just too small for me I'm 6.2
    I'm looking for a similar bike with L frame, approx 58cm

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 geraldf

trade cannondale jeckel frame for 56-58 road frame

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tbnewman

wanted .pedals with toe clips, saddle , chain rings anybody got anything lying around ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Looking to swap a 110mm alloy O/S stem (Cannondale) for something similar in 100mm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

tbnewman wrote: »
    wanted .pedals with toe clips, saddle , chain rings anybody got anything lying around ?

Got three BBB saddles lying around from shop bikes if your interested, anything of interest to swap?

geraldf wrote: »
    trade cannondale jeckel frame for 56-58 road frame

Hi I have a Raleigh Dynatech 500 lugged reynolds steel frame/ fork. It's white with turquoise lugs and dropouts. A lovely frame really. Seat tube is 58cm and toptube is 56cm so should be spot on. I can throw in a seat post, brand new selle italia saddle (also white) and the 105 crankset that's on it and a lovely polished alloy quill stem. A few other bits and pieces too...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

cyco wrote: »
    Hi I have a Raleigh Dynatech 500 lugged reynolds steel frame/ fork. It's white with turquoise lugs and dropouts. A lovely frame really. Seat tube is 58cm and toptube is 56cm so should be spot on. I can throw in a seat post, brand new selle italia saddle (also white) and the 105 crankset that's on it and a lovely polished alloy quill stem. A few other bits and pieces too...

I'd be interested if gerardf isn't

im interested, have u got any pic, wats the condition?

Gerald, I'll get some photos up tonight. It is pretty much in excellent condition with just one or two paint chips. I'll photo them anyway. What size is your frame and what length is the steerer tube? is it a 1.5" headset and do you have a reducer for it to take a 1 1/8" fork? Thanks

Gerald, I'll get some photos up tonight. It is pretty much in excellent condition with just one or two paint chips. I'll photo them anyway. What size is your frame and what length is the steerer tube? is it a 1.5" headset and do you have a reducer for it to take a 1 1/8" fork? Thanks

ok, the frame is a large, yes its 1.5 and no reducer. steerer tube is 23cm

copacetic wrote: »
    only have some crappy pics that aren't clear, will get better ones tomorrow, can't remember the cost at the mo but they were pricey enough, something like 250 for shoes and pedals, figured the best bet was a swap considering that. don't really see anything in your lot that I'd need...

elu1mrsrqsi1rm36lfvh_thumb.jpg

31uy6015ijn0e3ewlznx_thumb.jpg

yx57k65o0c9r1238w0kv_thumb.jpg

hi, r the shoes n pedals still for swap, if so wat size are they? i have s-works cranks bb30

• Advertisement

hey, I have some pics of the raleigh. put the wheels on just to et an idea what it looks like. Also the flat bar is just one I put on as a commuter build (never used). drop bars would suit it better. The stem to go with it is a much nicer polished silver one that sits flat when mounted. I'll throw in the white riser one in the pics too if you want

and a few more...
    last pic is a big one so you can zoom in to get a better look

sorry, my bad. I asked about the steerer. I meant the length of the head tube. I presume that's not 23cm. my cannondale hardtail is about 14cm. Also, I looked at the pic on the adverts page- is the replaceable drop out missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

Hi
    i need parts for a bike im building for just hackin around

26inch wheel set
    9/8 speed Rear derailleur
    9/8 speed shifter
    9/8 speed cassette/chain
    26inch tyres

was 700cc now 26 inch sorry for the mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Golfanatic wrote: »
    Hi
    i need parts for a bike im building for just hackin around

700cc wheel set
    9/8 speed Rear derailleur
    9/8 speed shifter
    9/8 speed cassette/chain
    700cc tyres
    I have a pair of yellow vittoria rubinos, and red vittoria rubinos. Both completely unused
    you wouldn't happen to have a fixed hub lying around, just stripped mine...

sorry, my bad. I asked about the steerer. I meant the length of the head tube. I presume that's not 23cm. my cannondale hardtail is about 14cm. Also, I looked at the pic on the adverts page- is the replaceable drop out missing?

its not in the pic but i still have it, i'll get the head tube tomorro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

abcdggs wrote: »
    I have a pair of yellow vittoria rubinos, and red vittoria rubinos. Both completely unused
    you wouldn't happen to have a fixed hub lying around, just stripped mine...

Hi thanks for the offer but ive changed my frame around so now i need everything in 26 inch size! cheers and sorry i dont have a fixed hub i have one but im using it

thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

No problem,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

@ abcdggs. If you still have the Red Rubino's in a week or two I will take them off you.

• Advertisement

Geraldf, I sent you a PM with my number

Advertisement