Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

bcmf wrote: »
    @ abcdggs. If you still have the Red Rubino's in a week or two I will take them off you.
    Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Golfanatic wrote: »
    Hi
    i need parts for a bike im building for just hackin around

26inch wheel set
    9/8 speed Rear derailleur
    9/8 speed shifter
    9/8 speed cassette/chain
    26inch tyres

was 700cc now 26 inch sorry for the mistake

Hi Golf, I'm looking to swap a pair of 26" wheels with almost new Kenda Kwickroller Ironcap tyres on them for something in 700c size (I'm upgrading from 26" frame to 700c frame!). Let us know if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Offered, errm, michelin speedium tyres or fixed rear wheel. Or cash.

Will try and figure out the type of crank if anyone has anything vaguely appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RoubX

I've a Titanium Ultralight Seatpost (31.6) (not used, wrong diameter) with a Ritchey Streem Saddle (white) that I'm looking to trade. There are a few items I am searching for like: decent Shimano 8 speed components, Brooks saddle (long shot), let me know what you got.

Also, I have Ultegra 6603 170m cranks, but I'd like to swap for 175mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

I've a 2009 Charge Plug that no longer suits my needs.

I'm interested in swapping it for a similar vintage (or newer) Langster or the like... with drops.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/tech/bikes/24128/2/fixed-bikes.html

It's the small Frame.

Some wear to the bar tape and a bit of paint chipping but otherwise in good nick. Never been left outside. Cleaned every month. Free Hub replaced this month and chain is about 3 months old.

Has an Armadillo on the back, can't remember what's on the front, a Vittoria something :) Have the original Kendas if you want them.

I'm based in Dun Laoghaire and work in the city centre if you want a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭longford76

Hi Daragh,

I'm not interesting in the Charge but I have a 2010 Langster that I am interested in selling if you were keen.

Bought 2 months ago, my experiment with drop bars and single speed have not worked out at all for my back and knees so I have already ordered a hybrid.

http://www.specialized.com/gb/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=45780&eid=4350&menuItemId=8096

It's a size medium (54 I think) and I have all the receipts and paperwork.

Let me know if you (or anyone else) have any interest. It is not for sale anywhere else yet.

I would sell for €400.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

longford76 wrote: »
    Hi Daragh,

I'm not interesting in the Charge but I have a 2010 Langster that I am interested in selling if you were keen.

Bought 2 months ago, my experiment with drop bars and single speed have not worked out at all for my back and knees so I have already ordered a hybrid.

http://www.specialized.com/gb/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=45780&eid=4350&menuItemId=8096

It's a size medium (54 I think) and I have all the receipts and paperwork.

Let me know if you (or anyone else) have any interest. It is not for sale anywhere else yet.

I would sell for €400.

Thanks

If I arrive home with another bike without shifting the Charge first I'll be killed :D

But I'm interested. Will put an ad up with a view to selling the Charge and let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭longford76

That's grand - I'm in the same boat really needing to move the Langster for space.

I'll keep an eye out or PM me if you want to get in touch to view.

I'm based in Greystones so not too far away anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Guys - I am looking for an extra front light, Fenix TK11 would be great. if you have a spare one to sell not too expensive, let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

Hey, i want to build up a budget cyclocross bike and i have just about everything except the frame. I have a specialized sirrus frame in size medium but would like to swap for a large or extra large.
    So if anyone has a good hybrid or cyclocross frame that's too big let me know. once it's intact i don't care what it looks like and I can do all the spannering to rebuild a donor's bike!
    Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

cyco wrote: »
    Hey, i want to build up a budget cyclocross bike and i have just about everything except the frame. I have a specialized sirrus frame in size medium but would like to swap for a large or extra large.
    So if anyone has a good hybrid or cyclocross frame that's too big let me know. once it's intact i don't care what it looks like and I can do all the spannering to rebuild a donor's bike!
    Thank you

You can buy my fully built one if you like. Link in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Thank you

I have a 60cm Stratos/Lidl bike frame if that's any good to you. It's too big for me but perfect otherwise. Carbon forks too if required although they won't suit a cross bike I'd imagine.

Raam, thanks for the offer but cant find your ad. As far as I remember it's a nice one but a few hundred quits more than I gave right now!

Coolbeans, I think I know the one you have. It's a racer frame ye? I'm really looking for something with canti mounts for good mud clearance for the cyclocross. Thank you though and be sure to let me know if I'm wrong

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,488 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam, thanks for the offer but cant find your ad. As far as I remember it's a nice one but a few hundred quits more than I gave right now!

If you have signatures switched on, you can see the link in Raam's post

If you haven't, here it is!

Thanks for that beasty. Lovely bike but unfortunately 970 is almost a thousand over my budget

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

coolbeans wrote: »
    I have a 60cm Stratos/Lidl bike frame if that's any good to you. It's too big for me but perfect otherwise. Carbon forks too if required although they won't suit a cross bike I'd imagine.
    how much you looking for? might be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Thanks for that beasty. Lovely bike but unfortunately 970 is almost a thousand over my budget

That's a pretty low budget!

ye it's low budget alright but i have the full groupset and bars saddle etc. I have a fairly suitable frame but it's a bit small so was hoping for a frame swap if somebody out there is riding too big a frame.
    I have a medium specialized sirrus to swap. Looking for the same or similar in large or xl. I know it's not a cx frame but it's a nice frame with the right geometry so not too bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I know this is mainly a roadie section but I'd greatly appreciate it if someone had a 12mm axle for a 06 specialized big hit lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭lovelyoner

have a pair of shimano m520 pedals, year or so old few scuffs but in usable condition. Looking for a pair of normal flat pedals and/or a 1" quill stem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭techieelectric

I've got a pair of 1" alu stems, one short, one long, both about 30deg drop. Let me know if you're interested and I'll measure them. One is Raleigh and the other Solida. All I've got in the way of pedals is an oldie/crappy set of steel flats, you're welcome to them with a stem in exchange for the m520s.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

hi i got a 1984 raleigh burner for sale if anyone wants it all original japanese parts sugino crank, pedals, ovel race frame, sr stem, etc,etc

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

hi folks, i'm looking for a vintage 80's road frame and forks (peugeot,raleigh,dawes etc) 52-54 size i have one already that is to big for me so i would be able to swap it if needed but its not original after being repainted
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

souter wrote: »
    Offered, errm, michelin speedium tyres or fixed rear wheel. Or cash.

Will try and figure out the type of crank if anyone has anything vaguely appropriate.

I have a one piece bmx bottom bracket/crankset from a raleigh burner (not the cool old style ones but a more modern rip-off. Would be happy to swap for a fixed-gear rear wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

lovelyoner wrote: »
    have a pair of shimano m520 pedals, year or so old few scuffs but in usable condition. Looking for a pair of normal flat pedals and/or a 1" quill stem

I have a 1" quill stem - photo in adverts section. Would swap for the pedals if in decent nick - can u post a photo?

Looking for an 8 speed sora front mech, 31.8mm clamp. Any condition is fine once its in pwo.

I have a 34.9mm if thats any use or will give you a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Looking for an 8 speed sora front mech, 31.8mm clamp. Any condition is fine once its in pwo.

If you don't find what you are looking for. Those shims can be bought or you can make them up from an alu beer can. I did the same job a few weeks back using 3 slices held together with insulating tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

funkyjebus wrote: »

I'm a moron who has a brand new Ultegra SL front mech (double/compact) with a 31.8 clamp that won't fit my bike. I'll let it go for €30, but that might be a bit more than you wanted it to cost. But it's ultegra :D

seamus wrote: »
    I'm a moron who has a brand new Ultegra SL front mech (double/compact) with a 31.8 clamp that won't fit my bike. I'll let it go for €30, but that might be a bit more than you wanted it to cost. But it's ultegra :D

Ha, I did the same thing when I upgraded to ultegra too. Thanks, but its for the OH's bike and 1. Ultegra would be wasted on her (Sshhh, don't tell her I said that) and 2. It needs to be a 8 speed afaik, as the cage would be narrower on a 9/10 speed. Out of interest, as you mentioned it as specifically for a compact, is there a difference between the front mech for a standard double and a compact, except for its placement on your seat tube?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nope, no difference really. Compact is effectively just a small double crankset. Shimano and Campag do make compact-specific derailleurs, but they're interchangeable for all intents and purposes.

Advertisement