Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

seamus wrote: »
    Nope, no difference really. Compact is effectively just a small double crankset. Shimano and Campag do make compact-specific derailleurs, but they're interchangeable for all intents and purposes.

Thats what I thought. But for a second there you had me doubting myself (didn't take much, I know!) Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mccutchie

Guys, I have a pair of Michelin Pro 3 Race tyres i'd be willing to swap for something the same standard. These are brand new and never been opened or tried, still in packaging.

They are (700 x 23c Tobacco - Digital Blue). Same tyres in black would do or anything to the same standard and size.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

I've a compact Shimano chainset on my bike, which I want to swap to Ultegra. Also 4za brakes which I want to swap to Ultegra, grey not silver colour if you know what I mean. I have also got 2 pairs of pedals, and 2 saddles they are silver shimano pd-m520, and a pair of rc-703s too. The saddles are Selle Italia Trans AM and an Intake Ascent SL. I would also like a carbon stem. Open to swap offers, you know what I want!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

I have a Campagnolo Record 10 front mech (band type) would swap for a DA 12 - 25 cassette if it has little wear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

I have a large CARBON Giant SCR (effective tt = 57.5,seat tube 55, 20 cm head.Black & White colour)Compact frame & fork need to move to different geometry and the Defy M/l suits. I don't care if its aluminium but will barter for carbon if thats what you have. If you have anything else with 55-56 tt and long headtube (18cm or more) so if you have Defy,Secteur or similar let me know.

I have several 110 standard bar stems (ritchey,ITM, BBB )if anyone wants them.

Bray area.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gerrybmw

mccutchie - just wondering if you are looking to sell those tyres that you have if you haven't managed to locate a swap?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mccutchie

gerrybmw wrote: »
    mccutchie - just wondering if you are looking to sell those tyres that you have if you haven't managed to locate a swap?

Thanks

Would be willing to sell Gerry, make me an offer, still in packaging

• Registered Users Posts: 38 conradk

175mm is too long for my legs!

Looking to swap for a set of 172.5mm cranks.

Mine are Dura Ace 7800s so it's the generation previous to the current model.

Not used much (they are from my tri bike) though there are some scuff marks as can be seen from the pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

Double post, could the mods delete this one please?

Thinking of upgrading my training frame, but holding onto the parts. The frame is a 55.5cm De Rosa Vision, 7003 aluminium with a carbon fork/alu steerer and a Campagnolo headset. Included would be one of the Tacx Tao alu bottle cages on the bike at the moment, and I could also include a different 44cm alu bar and 120mm os stem to the ones in the picture. The frame is a lovely ride, and the fillet brazing on the welds is very impressive.

What I need are a decent set of wheels (Fulcrum Racing 5's or thereabouts, with a campagnolo free hub, in good nick) and a couple of other bits for a new build. Let me know if anyone's interested, and what you would have to swap for it. Obviously, depending on what's offered, a fair deal will be done!

To let you know, I won't be stripping that frame until the beginning of June, so it's not on offer immediately, but can be sorted quickly if the right offer is made.

Also available to swap are a set of Pro PLT handlebars, 44cm, silver. Offer what you think they're worth.

Thanks, Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

looking for groupset shimano pref... 2nd hand but in good nic...
    ideally chainset block shifters and brakes will suffice.restoration project looming..

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭.dave

@dave.obrien

Hi,

Offer Easton Vistas and new campagnolo veloce brakes + some cash for the frame

Or

€120

Let me know,

Thanks

.dave wrote: »
    @dave.obrien

Hi,

Offer Easton Vistas and new campagnolo veloce brakes + some cash for the frame

Or

€120

Let me know,

Thanks

Thanks for the offer,
    I'll accept €120 and the brakes, and I'll include a set of Shimano Tiagra Brakes, or €135 cash, and I'll include a Bontrager Race saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭.dave

Thanks for the offer,
    I'll accept €120 and the brakes, and I'll include a set of Shimano Tiagra Brakes, or €135 cash, and I'll include a Bontrager Race saddle.

Deal: €120 and the brakes, and I'll include a set of Shimano Tiagra Brakes

PM'd

Deal on the frame, brakes, stem and bars has been agreed.

Still have those 44cm Pro PLT Silver handlebars if anyone wants them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Have a BBB 6 deg aluminium stem. Looking for 100mm 6 deg stem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Ill go next inline for the frame at 135 if it doesnt suit .dave for whatever reason.

Duly noted Peetrik. As I said to .dave, have exams at the moment, so stripping the frame isn't top of my list of priorities right now, probably be 2 weeks before it gets done, but IF there's a few free hours someday, I'll do it.

Thanks,
    Dave

.dave and Peetrik, the frame has to be withdrawn from offer as I found a crack in it near the bottom bracket. Apologies for putting it up in the first place, I was not meaning to waste anyone's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

hey have the following up for swaps, a 26 litre pannier bag (unused and as new except for orgional packaging opened), a heavy duty plastic bike bag for travelling (also unopened and unsued, I have two, one used, one unused) and a couple of DMR 2.2 moto RT Tires (used several times but in perfect condition) (great for street biking, or dry trails, really fast rolling) for swaps for something interesting.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/basil-mara-26-litre-double-pannier-bike-bag/
    basil-mara-7022-med.jpg
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ctc-plastic-bike-bag/
    ctc-big-bag-med.jpg

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dmr-moto-rt-wire-bead-tyre/
    dmr-moto-rt-med.jpg

Things I might find usefull for any of the above...

- A good light saddle in great condition
    - Clothing in size small, in great condition, jersey or bib shorts preferably
    - A Long stem for a road bike
    - Shimano 105 brake blocks if happen to have a few spare
    - I've an old citybeater mtb that needs a new/working drivetrain if you happen to have anything that might be of use

Or open to any other offers I can't think of right now

I'd take cash either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

anyone?

I'm looking for the front right lever - its for a TREK 470 8 speed racer. I'm based in Dublin. Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I've got a used set of Schwalbe Marathon Plus road tyres and a big awkward Oxford helmet that I wouldnt mind trading.

I'm lookIng for a a multi tool and nice tyre levers or anything else you have lying around.
    Try me if anyone's interested. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Don17

Hi ,

I have a giant defy 3 that is just too small for me its a M/L frame and ideally i'd be lookin for a similar spec bike in a 58cm l/xl frame
    its in great condition , serviced regularly , kept inside , done about 5 duathlons on it so low mileage, not used for commuting etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

CianRyan wrote: »
    I've got a used set of Schwalbe Marathon Plus road tyres and a big awkward Oxford helmet that I wouldnt mind trading.

I'm lookIng for a a multi tool and nice tyre levers or anything else you have lying around.
    Try me if anyone's interested. :)

Don't have either of these anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Hi,

I have a sugino 167.5mm chainset on a Langster. Would like to swap for a similar 170mm or 172.5mm chainset.

cheers,
    peter

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

yo what up

i have last years 9spd deore xt long cage mech

lookin for the same but short cage

spanks

Hi Guys,

I have 2 ultregra 6600 rear deraileurs, one standard silver, one SL, both short cages. I am looking for either in medium or long cage. Will also consider dura ace.

Also I need a double front deraileur in 28.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have 2 ultregra 6600 rear deraileurs, one standard silver, one SL, both short cages. I am looking for either in medium or long cage. Will also consider dura ace.

Also I need a double front deraileur in 28.6.
    I have an Ultegra SL double/compact front mech going spare. Never used it cos dumbo here bought the wrong size. Technically it's a 31.8, but it came with shims to fit it to 28.6.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig it out tonight. Would swop for the ultegra SL rear mech. Is it used?

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    I have an Ultegra SL double/compact front mech going spare. Never used it cos dumbo here bought the wrong size. Technically it's a 31.8, but it came with shims to fit it to 28.6.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig it out tonight. Would swop for the ultegra SL rear mech. Is it used?

Hi Seamus,

Sorry, should have said I'll only swop the rear deraileurs for their equivalent in med / long cage.

I could buy your front mech off you, but I'd imagine its too expensive as I only need it for a winter beater I'm throwing together. Ideally I was hopping someone had an old shimano 600 lying around (as i did but lost it!). Out of interest how much would you want, if selling?

Advertisement